Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1 step closer to burning it down lol.... I think the stator is bad... I checked the ohms between the red wire and a ground bolt and it is 110... I can't 2 even pick up a reading on the blue wire.... I guess I was ignoring the stator issue due to the fact the battery is charging at over 13 volts, I replaced the voltage reg because it was blown and thought the electrical was takin care of.... wonder what else is gonna be wrong next

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Stator leads are ALL DISCONNECTED when you are performing these tests, and no portion of your body (or hands) is in contact with the metal ends of the test leads, right?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I ran it again today with the same water pressure results. Misfires while running so I retested the stator and trigger... stator test 114 ohms from red wire to ground, blue wire tested open to ground. The trigger checked 1295, 1264, 789 ohm between the three wires and white/black wire. I ordered a new cdi stator and trigger, hopefully it corrects the misfire. I don't know what else to do about the water pressure besides dropping the motor down a hole and checking again.

Correct don

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Recheck after you replace the stator (remember- when replacing TRIGGER, it is REQUIRED that a complete Sync-n-Link procedure be done).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

ouch, I better start reading up on how to do that.

Read up on the Sink n Link. Thanks for ruining my good mood Don, I was really looking forward to going fishing this weekend without issues, now it looks like I will have to sell a kidney to be able to pay for a pro to do the link n sync, lol. It looked a little complicated from what I read online.
    Last edited by codyclyatt; 08-17-2014 at 06:06 PM.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Takes about an hour (or less) to do it correctly.

You don't happen to have the list of procedures for it do you? I can't seem to find the info for my motor, just other brands, models, ect.

10. Banned
    You'd want the OEM Service Manual for it, it'll be specific to your SN range and it'll have step by step with some pics as well.
    PART NUMBER SELECTED----830234R2
    Supercedes to (or Latest) Part Number----830234R04
    Part Class 90
    Quanity 1
    Description SM O/B 75-125 2S

available on Don's part website under miscellaneous for your motor European Marine- Parts Department

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely obtain the above referenced Service Manual. It contains the recommended procedure for Sync-n-Link, as well as virtually any other service or repair procedure you might want to undertake in the future.

Thanks for the help guys... I will order one

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codyclyatt View Post
    Thanks for the help guys... I will order one
    If the cost of the manual saves you an hour of shop labor on any job it has paid for itself. Best money you'll ever spend for your peace of mind having the correct procedures for your specific motor. I have one for both my motors and they're worth every penny spent.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

14. Member
    Did you ever get this resolved?
    Current: 1998 Ranger R91 Sport, 2003 Mercury 200HP EFI 2.5l, OT749297
    Smartcraft motor- analogue gauges
    NMEA2000 backbone for Motorguide Xi5 and Lowrance Elite Ti 9" connected to run trolling motor
    Separate Garmin 942xs 9", run off of trolling motor transducer, not NMEA2000 connected yet.

1st Boat: 1984
    Ranger 350v Raspberry, 1987 Mariner Magnum 150HP 6cyl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12