Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American made rods and warranty info

Who makes an American made rod with a warranty that does not cost as much as a new rod. I was getting ready to buy 2 Cara's until I learned it would be 125 bucks to have a warranty claim if it ever broke ( claim and shipping). I've looked at some that only cover 5 yrs (St Croix) and some that don't say specifically what a claim would cost (like Denali). I really like the Denali but the local shop said if I break a Shimano he'd replace it on the spot. I can't beat that deal but I'd rather buy American. Any suggestions?

Shimano cancelled their over the counter warranty.

Dobyns
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO
    Youtube: ➡️ https://youtube.com/c/JLFishing1 ⬅️ Check it out!!🔥

4. Member
    POWELLCO.COM !!!! The best

Nick N
    Catch 5, Keep'em alive!

I've heard great things from Tackle Trap about these guys......Baitcaster, Micro Guided, Fusion Wrap Rods | Hammer Fishing Rods

6. Banned
    St Croix. Pony up a little more $ for the best lifetime warranty in the business. Shimano took a big shit on their customers with the lifetime replacement scam.

7. Member
    They will replace denali rods over the counter here...... I think Kistler only charges shipping

Kistler is American made,, not sure about the warranty and have heard really good things about hammer rods also,, Dobyns is 60 bucks over the counter replacement cost

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonecollector1 View Post
    Dobyns
    Guys, I'm a big fan of Dobyns rods but.....

They're located in Northern California. Really good people & great customer service. Rods are made for them in Korea using proprietary mandrels/blanks.
    2003 520VX 225 Optimax

10. Member
    Shimano is not extending their warranty to rods purchased after august1 2014.........still sucks!

Rod Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    St Croix. Pony up a little more $ for the best lifetime warranty in the business. Shimano took a big shit on their customers with the lifetime replacement scam.
    +1 what he said...

$180 - $200 will get you into the LIFETIME warranty category... but fork over $400 for the Xtreme (like I did ) and you'll have the "BEST RODS ON EARTH" for the rest of your days!!! 'Croix has always treated me right with any warranty issues.. I don't even consider anything else.
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

12. Member
    St Croix, from the Avid on up. ALX has a good warranty as well. 10 years for manufacturing defects. If you snap it in a car door, just send back the label portion of the broken rod and pay 50% towards a new one.

13. Member
    Check out Grandt Rods. Made in the USA with a good warranty.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Honestly I have never bought anything because of a warranty. A great warranty is just a guarantee that it is going to break. Buy a quality rod and treat it right and you won't have any problems. If the rod breaks and it truly is a defect the rod manufacturer will make it right. For some reason, people seem to think that they should be able to use a rod for a year, abuse it, then get a replacement on the manufacturers dime.

15. Member
    ALX Rods. Buy a fishing rod, not a fishing rod warranty. You are paying for something you may not (really should not) ever need.

ALX Rods are VERY reasonably priced. You can buy two of them for what you will pay for one St Croix, G Loomis, Z-Bone, etc. They are US blanks, US builds and owned by a tournament professional.

My entire rod locker is nothing but ALX, by choice. They have the strongest weight to strength ratio in the business, due to their "Zero Scrim" technology.
    Best of all, ALX Rods is a forum sponsor ... they help keep the site running.

As mentioned previously, if you do have a really bad day and break your rod doing something silly ... 50% replacement cost.

St. Croix
    Avid series and up offer Lifetime Warranty and Built in the USA.
    I'm addicted the Legend Tournament series.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    I've heard great things from Tackle Trap about these guys......Baitcaster, Micro Guided, Fusion Wrap Rods | Hammer Fishing Rods
    Thanks NiteBite - Hammer Rods are made in the US, have a lifetime warranty with a $25 exchange fee for a broken rod. They're an excellent rod for the money, all less than $200 shipped from The Tackle Trap, you can use the "BBC10" discount code for 10% off and free shipping on any of them. If you have any questions about the Hammer Rods, please let us know. We have a lot of folks switching over to them from Duckett, Abu, Dobyns, and several other rod lines once they fish their first one...

Here is a link:
    All American Elite Micro Series : The Tackle Trap, Inc.

I am going to look hard at the Hammer rods when it is time for me to replace my current rods. Personally, I wish rod companies would just do away with the worthless warranties and lower the price on their equipment. Warranties are not worth messing with when they cost as much as a new rod.

19. Member
    try www.rapsodyrods.com they sponsor our local club and they also have acontingency called fish red win green
    good luck ron

Quote Originally Posted by ramboc View Post
    I am going to look hard at the Hammer rods when it is time for me to replace my current rods. Personally, I wish rod companies would just do away with the worthless warranties and lower the price on their equipment. Warranties are not worth messing with when they cost as much as a new rod.
    Hammer Rods are actually made in Arkansas! Good call on giving them a look, they're worth it. As many folks as we get looking at other similar priced rods at the shop, it's impressive to see how many pick a Hammer.

I agree that the lifetime warranty on rods isn't a great idea, one to three years seems reasonable. People tend to take better care of their stuff when they know they have to...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast