Need assistance hooking HDS 9 Touch w/ Basscat Nexsyslink Guages

I have a BassCat with the Nexsyslink Guages and am switching from Birds to 9 Touches. What wires do I have to hook up from the NMEA on the Lowrance power cable at the console to the gauges to get the speed to read from the GPS on the 9 Touch? The Bird I had in there only had one wire tied into the gauges from the external GPS and worked great. I do not have a Point 1.

Just wanted to give an update in the event someone else has this issue in the future. I asked the question on the Beede customer service forum and got an answer.

"You will connect the yellow wire from the power/data cable to the orange wire. , On the HDS, you will then have to go to the menu and select RS242 and baud rate 1,4800 from Serial Ports, go to the network menu and select NMEA 0183 output and then RMC/RMB from the sentences menu, and then turn on DBT, DPT, MTW and VHW from the Sonar menu."

3. Member
    Just switched from bird to hds new to me carbon and have the same Beede tach, Speedo gauges via Smartcraft.
    Found this thread interesting and wanted to know if this orange com wire can get the Mercury 2 stroke engine data to Lowrance.
    Text overlay on MFD is ok for now.

in the Lowrance manual pg 78 MFD appears setup to read nema 2000 dynamic engine data (item 127849) with all the parameters needed.
    Anyone else done this with the Beede or Smartcraft JBox ?