Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New(to me) 1997 Ragin Cajun 205

Some pics of my 1997 ragin Cajun 205 that I recently purchased.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

some more

Here's a few more

3. Member

A few more

A few more...

4. Member
    Very nice. Congrats welcome to the club. Hope you get many years of enjoyment. Take care of it and it will be around for a long time.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

5. Member
    Wow, and I thought mine was still in great shape when I got it used!! Very nice!

6. Member
    Man that's a good looking rig!
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

7. Member
    That is one sweet boat. Congrats you will love it.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

8. Member
    awesome looking would like to know what kind of speed you get out of it and what prop you are running and where it is set on the jack plate i have a travis edition 2050 with a 93 gt 200 venom

9. Member
    My 205 with a 97 200 johnson venom and 23 raker will do 60ish at about 5700 rpm

10. Member
    Thanks guys for the compliments. She actually looks better in person than in the pics and there's a cool story about how I acquired it. cj, I am currently running a 26 pitch prop(don't know the brand, there are no markings on it other than the 26). 3" below pad. It will gps at around 62mph at 5200rpm with just me and my gear. With 2 people, around 58mph. kyduck, that's interesting to me that you're running a 23. I have a spare 24 pitch raker that I will have to try now. Again, thanks for the compliments.

11. Member
    I'm sure someone else is thinking this but 5200 kind of low. That 24 might be the ticket for increased performance.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

12. Member
    Yes sir. I was thinking the same thing. Going to try the 24 next time out.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacfr View Post
    ...and there's a cool story about how I acquired it.
    Tell the tale!! Love to hear how folks come to own the boats they do. That is a nice very clean, sleak looking boat - probably my favorite year/model Cajun made. The front deck looks like a friggin' aircraft carrier! Had it been recarpeted? Curious if there was ever carpet around the perimeter of the lids on the deck...?

14. Member
    Thanks guys for the compliments. She actually looks better in person than in the pics and there's a cool story about how I acquired it. cj, I am currently running a 26 pitch prop(don't know the brand, there are no markings on it other than the 26). 3" below pad. It will gps at around 62mph at 5200rpm with just me and my gear. With 2 people, around 58mph. kyduck, that's interesting to me that you're running a 23. I have a spare 24 pitch raker that I will have to try now. Again, thanks for the compliments.
    It was already on the boat when I purchased it and I never thought about replacing it.

15. Member
    The story goes like this. I joined a bass club 3 years ago as a non boater and the first tournament I fished was a night tournament. When I arrived at the ramp, there was a boat there that looked like a brand new one. It was a Ragin Cajun 205. Turns out, the guy that owned the boat had left the club a few years prior and was only fishing as a favor to the club because they had an extra non boater and needed another boater that night. I had been looking for a boat for the last few years but had a few requirements. I wanted an 18-21 ft, a large casting deck, tandem trailer, and good shape all in the budget of a deputy sheriff with two teenagers, 1 in college and one in high school. Anyway, time went by and I asked a club member who is a friend if the guy still had that old Cajun and if he would be interested in selling it. So he called him and called me back and told me that he was thinking about selling it since he rarely used it. The next day, I went to talk to the guy. Turns out, he was the original owner and purchased it new in 1997. Always garage kept and covered with a sweet custom Cajun boat cover. But there was a problem. He was apprehensive about selling it because the motor wasn't running right. He told me that he wanted to get the motor fixed but he would sell it to me and if it turned out to be a major fix, he would refund me $1500. So, I took a chance and bought it. A carburetor cleaning, new plugs, and a power pack later, the motor runs great and I am very happy with it. I also wondered about the carpet on the front deck. It has the original carpet and to my knowledge that's the way it was made.

Great story!! Looks like you found the proverbial "corvette in a farmer's barn", judging from the excellent condition. Thanks for sharing!

17. Member
    The story goes like this. I joined a bass club 3 years ago as a non boater and the first tournament I fished was a night tournament. When I arrived at the ramp, there was a boat there that looked like a brand new one. It was a Ragin Cajun 205. Turns out, the guy that owned the boat had left the club a few years prior and was only fishing as a favor to the club because they had an extra non boater and needed another boater that night. I had been looking for a boat for the last few years but had a few requirements. I wanted an 18-21 ft, a large casting deck, tandem trailer, and good shape all in the budget of a deputy sheriff with two teenagers, 1 in college and one in high school. Anyway, time went by and I asked a club member who is a friend if the guy still had that old Cajun and if he would be interested in selling it. So he called him and called me back and told me that he was thinking about selling it since he rarely used it. The next day, I went to talk to the guy. Turns out, he was the original owner and purchased it new in 1997. Always garage kept and covered with a sweet custom Cajun boat cover. But there was a problem. He was apprehensive about selling it because the motor wasn't running right. He told me that he wanted to get the motor fixed but he would sell it to me and if it turned out to be a major fix, he would refund me $1500. So, I took a chance and bought it. A carburetor cleaning, new plugs, and a power pack later, the motor runs great and I am very happy with it. I also wondered about the carpet on the front deck. It has the original carpet and to my knowledge that's the way it was made.
    Wow...that's pretty close to how I found mine!!

18. Member
    I had a97 205 Travis edition really liked the boat put a 04 Yamaha 250 hpdi on it it would fly wish I had it back the made a Telly good boat

19. Member
    That boat definitely looks to be in good shape, great find
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20. Member
    Man I hate to revive an old thread but joined just for this forum and you've got my boats cleaner less abused twin. Trying to bring mine back to her original glory. Love the pictures always wondered what the seats originally looked like.

I wish the previous owners of mine had cared for her like yours did hurts to see such a beautiful boat look rough from poor ownership. Mine has a 225 Venom I just rebuilt on the back. She absolutely flies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast