Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fishing With a Soldier "3"

Hello Bass Boat Central,

I hope this note finds you, your families, and your boats ALL doing well.

We have begun planning the 2015 Fishing With a Soldier event. By the end of this week, we should have date and location set. We do know at this point, it will be one of the two last weekends in April ... and it will be held on the Chickamunga Lake, between Chattanooga and Cleveland.

We are asking for volunteer boaters, who are willing to bring their boats here, and be paired up with an active duty soldier, Wounded Warrior, Reservist, State Guard, retired military .... or anyone who is a Veteran. This is open to ALL branches of service.

We will post all information here, as it becomes available.
    You can post questions or comments here.

Rich
    SF Big Dog
    Last edited by SF Big Dog; 07-19-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Correction

3. Banned
    ahh cool, at last something kinda close to me. My boat is handicapped equipped (to assist getting on front/rear decks). I'll be subscribing to this thread so I can keep abreast of what's going on.

4. Member
    Good morning Wildcat,

I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods. Just a short note to "Thank You" for your service, and your interest in Fishing With a Soldier. Having you at this event with a handicapped equipped boat would be a God Sent. Our last event was at Watts Barr in Harriman Tn .... and at the 11th hour .... we had a Army bus from Ft. Knox Ky arrive with 14 Wounded Warriors.

Will keep everyone here posted as information becomes available. I hope to nail down the date and location today.

Again, Thank you for your service, and interest in Fishing
    With a Soldier.

Rich
    SF Big Dog
    Last edited by SF Big Dog; 07-19-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Correction

5. Banned
    Here's a view of the 2 handicap rails on my boat that a friend made for me to help me get up off seat and onto either deck.

Nice Charles. Good friend.

7. Member
    Goooood afternoon,

Very very nice ................... I agree, Good Friend. THAT can and would be alot of help in alot of different situations ..... I look forward to seeing it up close on the boat ramp ............ And shaking your hand Sir.

Rich
    SF Big Dog

8. Member
    Good afternoon all .....

FINALLY ! A date and location have been selected for the 2015 Fishing With a Soldier event.

It will be held on April 25, 2015 at
    Grasshopper Creek Campground in Birchwood Tn, just outside of Cleveland.

Details will follow.
    As always, any questions or concerns can be posted here.

Thank You

Rich
    Last edited by SF Big Dog; 07-19-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: making correction

9. Member
    Would you all care if I went I'm a wounded warrior and served in the marines and the army...I would like to take my boat blew up the drag motor on my Allison xb03 last year and haven't been able to replace it. That's a super nice lake Ive always wanted to go there...thank you so much for all you all do...606-585-5917 ask for Shane if you don't mind to call me
    YARG.....LET ER EAT!!

10. Member
    Good afternoon Shane,

FIRST of all, let me say THANK YOU for your service. You are an American Hero ... and you are what Fishing With a Soldier is all about.
    I will call you .... but wanted to respond to your message here as soon as I got it. Y E S! We would be proud to have you come spend the day with us ... Very Proud.

Please reply and let me know of any of your needs that I need to be aware of .... and we will GET-R-Done

Again ... Thank you for your service, watching our backs, and protecting our way of life.

Richard M Ballard
    United States Army, Retired
    Cleveland, TN

Fishing With a Soldier
    Founder

Hi Richard. I am currently over in Afghanistan. I would love to volunteer if everything works out and take someone out on my boat. I have never fished the lake but plan on making a trip up there to fish it before April. How is the fishing in April. If you could send me some specific info on the event that would be awesome. Also maybe a heads up on some descent lodging that is boat friendly. Thanks Luke
    Last edited by bamabassmaster; 07-19-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    1995 Javelin 400TE w/ 2015 Honda 225
    2001 War Eagle 648 w/ 2001 Honda 50 jet

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabassmaster View Post
    Hi Richard. I am currently over in Afghanistan. I would love to volunteer if everything works out and take someone out on my boat. I have never fished the lake but plan on making a trip up there to fish it before April. How is the fishing in April. If you could send me some specific info on the event that would be awesome. My email is lukefcoburn@yahoo.com. Also maybe a heads up on some descent lodging that is boat friendly. Thanks Luke
    Good morning Hero,

Thank you so much for your service.
    And Thank you for wanting to step up to the plate, and help make this event for all of our service members happen & successful ... even though this event was created from the very begining, for people like you ... to kick back and enjoy ... with no responsabilities or cost. Just a small way for people of the community to give a little something back, and to show our appreciation.

I believe you have already gotten a reply from Chase, one of my partners in crime ... and I will echo his thoughts, in that we will do whatever it takes, aand get you whatever you need, to insure you are able to attend this event. And I look forward to meeting you, and shaking your hand on the boatramp.

Again, Thank you for what you have done, and are doing for this great country of ours. We are Proud.

Your Friend,

Rich

Richard M Ballard
    United States Army, Retired
    Cleveland, TN

Fishing With a Soldier
    Founder

GO VOLS !!!!

13. Banned
    Guys, you really shouldn't post your email address on public accessible forums. Its an open invitation to spammer/scammers computer bots to harvest your email address and redistribute it. I highly suggest you edit your posts to remove it unless you don't mind the spam/scam's coming into your email accounts. You can PM the other party and include it there.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    Guys, you really shouldn't post your email address on public accessible forums. Its an open invitation to spammer/scammers computer bots to harvest your email address and redistribute it. I highly suggest you edit your posts to remove it unless you don't mind the spam/scam's coming into your email accounts. You can PM the other party and include it there.
    Excellent Point Wildcat ................ Thank you

Rich

bamabassmaster. You take care!!!

I will Jarhead. They are crappy shots for the most part but they will hit the mark from time to time.
    1995 Javelin 400TE w/ 2015 Honda 225
    2001 War Eagle 648 w/ 2001 Honda 50 jet

17. Banned
    SF Big Dog, how do you pair people up? Reason I ask, I'm not able to tolerate cigar/cigarette smoke because of my health - not even the odor of smoke on clothing (extremely sensitive). and no old ladies with cheap perfume either

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    SF Big Dog, how do you pair people up? Reason I ask, I'm not able to tolerate cigar/cigarette smoke because of my health - not even the odor of smoke on clothing (extremely sensitive). and no old ladies with cheap perfume either
    Good evening Wildcat ...

Normally ... as they check in .... we pair first boater with first veteran .... and right down the line.

But don't worry .... Please remind me on tournament morning ... I'll be there helping to get people get checked in ... and I'll get you paired with a suitable person .......... I promise :)

Rich

19. Banned

20. Member

Good morning all,

Just a short note to say Hi and keep in touch.

We now we have The University of Tennessee-Knoxville Bass Fishing Team on board .... they will be rolling in on event morning, with their orange UT boats .... dressed out in their UT tournament clothes ... and they will each take a Veteran out for a day of fishing.

Rich

​SF Big Dog

Last edited by SF Big Dog; 07-27-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Add picture

That's awesome. I'll be there also
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast