Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobass01 View Post
    I just got back from fishing in fishing for freedom event in turman lake mo. Long dribe but hand a great time you do not know how happy thesee warriors where to just get out fishing catching fish was not a priority for them but when mind caught her first fish ever a small blue gill her reaction was priceless don't think she quit smiling all day had to put it in live well so she could take in and show her buddies. Will attend as boater just put up info.
    Good evening,

What information are you looking for. ?

Rich
    SF Big Dog

Fishing With a Soldier, Founder

2. Member
    Big dog count me in as a boater. I would be glad to post it on my Facebook page too.
    GOD, FAMILY AND FREEDOM NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!
    If a first you don't succeed "DO IT LIKE YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU"
    Kenny B 1993 204/09 250 ProSX
    Retired US ARMY

3. Member
    Good evening Kenny, First of all .... Thank you for your service. And Thank you for stepping forward, to help us try to give a little something back, and show some community appreciation to the men and women of our armed forces, and Veterans ... Past and present. I will look forward to meeting you on the boat ramp ..... and shaking your hand. Richard Ballard, United States Army, Retired, Cleveland, TN Fishing With a Soldier, Founder

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore864 View Post
    I am currently making arrangements for myself and a buddy come up. We will both bring our boats. As long as I dont get stuck having to attend an Army school, You can count on me to be there. Im planning on coming up the day before the tourney and ride the lake since I have never been there before. Hope to see yall at the ramp.
    Good evening Jesse .... GREAT!!!! Will look forward to meeting you ..... Will send private message with pre-registration form. Richard Ballard, US Army, Ret. Fishing With a Soldier, Founder

5. Banned
    Almost forgot about this with all the other stuff going on. Made my hotel reservation in Cleveland TN. Coming in Friday and checking out Sunday. I see you mentioned pre-registration form. I don't do facebook, so where do I find that form? Is there some web site for this? Just looked at the facebook page, but couldn't right off hand find anything related to this event. I've looked on the website and all I see is the fees for some event in 2014.

Speaking of fees, what fees are involved? I was bringing my handicap equipped boat.

6. Member
    Good evening all,

Fishing With a Soldier has its own page on Facebook, and, we have our own web site now www.fisingwithasoldier.com

Rich

7. Banned
    ahh I see you misspelled the link its Fishing With A Soldier

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    Almost forgot about this with all the other stuff going on. Made my hotel reservation in Cleveland TN. Coming in Friday and checking out Sunday. I see you mentioned pre-registration form. I don't do facebook, so where do I find that form? Is there some web site for this? Just looked at the facebook page, but couldn't right off hand find anything related to this event. I've looked on the website and all I see is the fees for some event in 2014.

Speaking of fees, what fees are involved? I was bringing my handicap equipped boat.
    There a NO fees involved at all ........... just your time and gas to get here :)

Go to our web site www.fishingwithasoldier.com and you can complete the re-registration form there ..... pretty easy huh?
    Last edited by SF Big Dog; 02-11-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: correct spelling

9. Banned
    Rich, that fat misspelling thumb is messing you up LOL www.fishingwithasoldier.com

10. Member
    Thank you

11. Member
    Rich, am planning on coming down on the 24th to fish the lake one day before Saturday. I was looking at staying at the camp ground in an electric site to recharge the boat but the camp ground doesn't have shower facilities. Any recommendations on hotels that has electric access for boats and is fairly close to the campground?
    thanks, Mike

12. Banned
    This is the one I'm staying at Quality Inn Hotel in Cleveland, TN - Book Your Stay Today! its 36 minutes away but I haven't checked for electrical access, but that chain has generally always assisted me with gaining power as long as I have the extension cords needed. But it is my first time at this facility. Rates were dang good for govt rates. So can't say for sure on your request. I know on the other side of the river there are plenty. Rich, I just called, I couldn't get a definite on what some hotels would have electrical poles (like in some parking lots) but he said NO PROBLEM. So I would call to confirm (but phone line connection SUCKED) I'd wait till daylight hours to call (broken English but not bad)

13. Member
    Rich, I have a camp site at the campground so will be there on the 24th. If you know anyone around Clarksville TN that wants to come but needs a ride, I have room in my truck. See you there.
    Mike

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Rich, I have a camp site at the campground so will be there on the 24th. If you know anyone around Clarksville TN that wants to come but needs a ride, I have room in my truck. See you there.
    Mike
    Thank you Mike

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    This is the one I'm staying at Quality Inn Hotel in Cleveland, TN - Book Your Stay Today! its 36 minutes away but I haven't checked for electrical access, but that chain has generally always assisted me with gaining power as long as I have the extension cords needed. But it is my first time at this facility. Rates were dang good for govt rates. So can't say for sure on your request. I know on the other side of the river there are plenty. Rich, I just called, I couldn't get a definite on what some hotels would have electrical poles (like in some parking lots) but he said NO PROBLEM. So I would call to confirm (but phone line connection SUCKED) I'd wait till daylight hours to call (broken English but not bad)
    Please keep updated on our new web site Fishing With A Soldier

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woundedwarrior View Post
    Would you all care if I went I'm a wounded warrior and served in the marines and the army...I would like to take my boat blew up the drag motor on my Allison xb03 last year and haven't been able to replace it. That's a super nice lake Ive always wanted to go there...thank you so much for all you all do...606-585-5917 ask for Shane if you don't mind to call me
    Hello Shane,
    Hey Brother ..... You still coming to Fishing With a Soldier? Rich

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabassmaster View Post
    Hi Richard. I am currently over in Afghanistan. I would love to volunteer if everything works out and take someone out on my boat. I have never fished the lake but plan on making a trip up there to fish it before April. How is the fishing in April. If you could send me some specific info on the event that would be awesome. Also maybe a heads up on some descent lodging that is boat friendly. Thanks Luke
    Hello Luke ..... just wanted to touch base .... you doin ok ? Still coming to Fishing With a Soldier ?

Hello Richard. I sent you a pm the other week but my sister is getting married that day so I won't be able to make it this year. I will stay in touch and we will shoot for next year.
    1995 Javelin 400TE w/ 2015 Honda 225
    2001 War Eagle 648 w/ 2001 Honda 50 jet

19. Member
    Hello all,

Less than 30 days till the Fishing With a Soldier 3 event.

This is a organized community effort ... for a free day of fellowship and fishing fun between our community, and the men and women

of our Armed Forces Veterans .... Past and Present.

ALL of you have either served ............. Have a family member who has served .... or a friend who has served.

This is your opportunity to spend one day a year ... to Honor them. To step up to the plate, and give one day of yourselves, to show appreciation

and say Thank you.

I have seen many of you at our past events ........... have received messages telling us how much fun it was ........ and what a worth while effort it was.

Now is the time to make that decision ... make a commitment ....... and step forward. You can Email me here, or go to www.fishingwithasoldier.com and click the tab

registration.

Sign-in that morning will be between 6 AM and 7:30 .............. with blast off shortly there after. Weigh-in back at the boat ramp at 3 PM, followed by prizes and awards ...

and a afternoon picnic styled meal.

Hope to hear from you soon ... and Thank you in advance for your time, help, and support.

Rich

AKA SF Big Dog

20. Banned
    Rich I'm bowing out. I cancelled my hotel reservation. Ya'll have fun down there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast