Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

2. Banned
    boy, somebody will be disappointed fishing with me Didn't know this is like a tournament just for bass. (or I assume just for bass). Never in my life have I ever participated in any kind of tournament. I fish to relax unless I'm fishing in deep south Louisiana, then its on to fill the chest(s) for fine seafood of all kinds Yep, this will be different

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    boy, somebody will be disappointed fishing with me Didn't know this is like a tournament just for bass. (or I assume just for bass). Never in my life have I ever participated in any kind of tournament. I fish to relax unless I'm fishing in deep south Louisiana, then its on to fill the chest(s) for fine seafood of all kinds Yep, this will be different
    Good morning Wildcat ...

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Yes ... this will be run like a bass tournament .... but depending on who your paired up with .... you two can go out and just fish and enjoy the day, for whatever you want to fish for .... no biggie.

Rich

4. Member
    If you are looking for some sponsors, I can supply some line from a company I own that sells line. Contact me for more info.

5. Member
    Good morning All

I know there are a bunch of Patriots here ... I saw a lot of you at our first Fishing With a Soldier event in 2011 .... It's time to step forward and be a part of this community event, to give a little something back .. and show our appreciation to the men and women of our armed forces .. and give them just this one day out of our year.... not too much to ask.

I look forward to seeing you at the boat ramp

Rich
    SF Big Dog

6. Member
    Good morning Wildcat,

I'm curious .... How many folks can you put on that Cadillac Boat of yours?

Rich / SF Big Dog

7. Banned
    Its more of a compact. besides me just one other even though it has multiple spots for moving fishing seat posts.

8. Member
    That's Fine.
    Just thought I'd ask for planning purposes .... Thanks buddy.

Richy

9. Member
    Fishing With a Soldier is now on FACEBOOK

Rich / SF Big Dog

10. Member
    Rich,

I would be more than happy to assist with this event. I will be brining my boat also from Sumter, SC. As an Active Duty SM, I would be more than honored to take these folks fishing. Nothing like a good ole fashion fish off between the Services and some crap talking. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with.

Jesse
    Jesse Moore
    04 Ford Explorer
    99 Ranger R83 Sport

11. Member
    GooooooooooD afternoon Sergeant Major,

I am standing at the rigid but always flexible position of attention .. facing the general direction of S.C. paying respect to you and the many great soldiers around you. First of all, let me say "Thank You" for your service to our GREAT country. And, Thank you as well for stepping forward, and wanting to do your part to help support this event that was created with Great Americans like you in mind. Just a small way of giving a little something back, and showing our appreciation to the men and women of our armed forces, who do so much for us each and every day.

If I can E-Mail you our flyer ... or, if you can pull it up and print it from Facebook ... and get it posted around post, so soldiers there know about it, and have the opportunity to attend this event .... That would be great.

Thank you so much again, and I will look forward to meeting you on the boat ramp, and shaking your hand.

Rich
    SF Big Dog

12. Member
    Good evening ALL,

Efforts towards the 2015 "Fishing With a Soldier 3" have been going well. Thanks to Chase and Jerry ... The folks at Cleveland's Catch Ministries .... and, the University of Tennessee-Knoxville Bass Fishing Team.
    We STILL need some sponsors to step up to the plate, and donate some items of their choice, to be given away on event day to our Soldiers and Veterans.

And ............ now is when we need to start taking names and locking in the people who are going to attend as volunteer boaters, as well as all of the Veterans, Active duty military, State Guardsmen, Reservists, Wounded Warriors .... ALL BRANCHES OF SERVICE.

Thank all of you in advance for your time, help, and support. It is much needed and appreciated.

Rich

13. Member
    Good morning bonecollector1

Thank you for stepping forward, and doing your part to make this event successful for the men and women of our armed forces. I will look forward to meeting you ... saying Thank you in person, aqnd shaking your hand on the boat ramp.

Rich

14. Banned
    Richard, I assume getting a hotel reservation it might be wise to book early. I've looked at 2 of them and the Quality Inn in Cleveland is 28 minutes away. I was wondering if there was a sponsoring hotel that might have exclusive rates for this event yet? I know I can get my military discount as I'm a member of the choicehotels so I get pretty good discounts (and free nights). I'll try and check out that recreational area so I can get a feel for what's there for navigating, I can only walk 50ft, 100 on a very good day. So I'll be coming to stay the night before at either the Quality Inn or Comfort Inn & Suites unless the sponsoring hotel has better rates and roll in handicap bathrooms/showers.

15. Member
    I am currently making arrangements for myself and a buddy come up. We will both bring our boats. As long as I dont get stuck having to attend an Army school, You can count on me to be there. Im planning on coming up the day before the tourney and ride the lake since I have never been there before. Hope to see yall at the ramp.
    Jesse Moore
    04 Ford Explorer
    99 Ranger R83 Sport

16. Banned
    Jesse, I may do the same thing. Think I've been on that lake ONCE and that was in a pontoon boat that acted up, so we didn't go far from the marina, and it was SCALDING hot those 2 days too 112 degrees in June 2009

17. Member
    Good morning, I hope this note finds you, family, and fishing boats ...all doing well. The original idea of Fishing With a Soldier, was to recruit volunteer boaters, as well as sponsors, in order to put on an event day for the men and women of our armed forces, to show appreciation, and in a small way, try to give a little something back for all they do for us. And all of this was to be at NO COST to the Veteran/Soldier, other than their time and gas to attend the event. We have had two very successful events .... 2011 at Lake Douglas just outside Pigeon Forge ... and 2012 at Watts Barr in Harriman/Kingston Tennessee. Now ... we are planning our third event for April 25, 2015, at Grasshopper Creek Campground in Birchwood, Tn, just outside of Cleveland. We do have The Bass Fishing Team from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville on board. But, the only way to make all of this happen ... make all of this possible .... Is YOU !!! The people who step forward as volunteer boaters, who willingly bring their boats to these events, and let us pair them up with a Soldier, Veteran, Wounded Warrior, past and present for a day of fishing and relaxing out on the water. AND, The Sponsors ... who step up to the plate, and donate a Walmart gift card, a fishing pole, just anything to be given away on event day to our nations hero's. Let's show our community pride .... and do whatever it takes to make this event happen .... and make it the very best event yet. Thank you in advance for your time, help, and support. We want and need it, and they deserve it

Iam a 100% disabled vet and would like to attend this event. If you could send me info via email dhkdl10115@att.net. I would appreciate it very much.

ET2 (SW/AW) David C LHeureux
    USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    David C. L\'Heureux
    ET2(SW/AW) USN Ret
    100% Disabled VEteran

19. Banned
    David, to protect yourself from spammers and scammers, remove your email address from public view. Richard can contact you via PM for personal details. If you're not a smoker, you can fish with me, I'm also 100% disabled but I have handicap rails to access front and rear decks. Send me a PM if you're interested, I'm sure Richard won't mind. I still don't know when my heart surgery will take place, but I should know by the end of November/1st week of Dec when it might take place in case it interferes with my schedule.

20. Member
    I just got back from fishing in fishing for freedom event in turman lake mo. Long dribe but hand a great time you do not know how happy thesee warriors where to just get out fishing catching fish was not a priority for them but when mind caught her first fish ever a small blue gill her reaction was priceless don't think she quit smiling all day had to put it in live well so she could take in and show her buddies. Will attend as boater just put up info.
    Last edited by Nobass01; 10-15-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast