Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1202
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowboater View Post
    Wow, that's odd. They used to be PDF's, easily accessed.

I see no one has answered your inquiries yet. I'm no expert but would like to point out that you don't HAVE to convert your autochart live files that you recorded directly to your ZLC via the Autochart pro software. Your head unit should read them directly off the ZLC. Sonar recordings I believe do have to go through the software, but not the other file type. I have the Autochart software package, not the pro version, but once I'd converted my previous sonar recordings, I do everything from the ZLC, recording and viewing on the unit while on the water.

Yes, Not sure what’s going on with those tutorial links…but I went back a read through this thread again and looked over the manual again, i have come to the conclusion that there is no reason to record data on “generic SD” card when recording with Autochart Live using the control head (other than to have the data as back-up just in case “autochart live map gets corrupted, then this data could be imported into autochart pc to generate another map).
    Last edited by Kytrails; 10-28-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N

2. Member
    After every charting session, I copy the ACDATA folder (simple to drag and drop like any file folder, it's full of .ACU files) to another computer or storage device as a backup. Then, if your ZLC does somehow get corrupted, you've got a complete copy of what you've already done; simply drag it on to a new ZLC and you are back in tall corn. It's more involved if you're trying to keep track of where your sonar logs are stored that you made your Lakemaster type map in the Autochart computer program but can be done.

3. Member
    Wow, that's odd. They used to be PDF's, easily accessed.

I see no one has answered your inquiries yet. I'm no expert but would like to point out that you don't HAVE to convert your autochart live files that you recorded directly to your ZLC via the Autochart pro software. Your head unit should read them directly off the ZLC. Sonar recordings I believe do have to go through the software, but not the other file type. I have the Autochart software package, not the pro version, but once I'd converted my previous sonar recordings, I do everything from the ZLC, recording and viewing on the unit while on the water.
    Yes, I decided to go back last night and re-read this thread and the manual again…correct me if I’m wrong but don’t think you need the seperate sonar recordings (saved to “generic SD card”) when u are are recording with “Autochart Live”. In fact, don’t need any card at all if you are satisfied recording for up to 8 hrs (max storage on control head) using just the control head, then deleting the 8 hours when it’s full and starting over. Don’t even need autochart pc program if that’s all you are interested in…

4. Member
    I think you're reading it correctly. But why throw away all that info once you hit 8 hours? That's where the ZLC becomes so important, so you don't lose your 8 hours of info. But yes, if you're happy with 8 hours then no need for the program or the ZLC. But you can't take that 8 hours with you if your current unit dies and you replace it with another that you haven't recorded with yet. You've got to do it all over again. That ZLC can travel to any compatible unit; take your card with you when you fish from your buddy's boat if need be, if his unit has Autochart capability.

I think you're reading it correctly. But why throw away all that info once you hit 8 hours? That's where the ZLC becomes so important, so you don't lose your 8 hours of info. But yes, if you're happy with 8 hours then no need for the program or the ZLC. But you can't take that 8 hours with you if your current unit dies and you replace it with another that you haven't recorded with yet. You've got to do it all over again. That ZLC can travel to any compatible unit; take your card with you when you fish from your buddy's boat if need be, if his unit has Autochart capability.
    If you don't mind sharing your data, you can upload the Auto Chart Live files to Chart Select LiveShare and then download the processed maps by everyone that participates.
    Also with LiveShare you can SAVE Current Track, upload them and they will be converted to Auto Chart Live files.

Auto Chart Live data is always an overlay on whatever map background you use --Basemap, ContourXD, Lakemaster, or Navionics.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    thanks slowboater, I was just making sure I had my-head-on-straight…I think I’m starting to put it together and I’m definitely gonna save these recordings…started organizing files last night so I can keep-up with what I have recorded. Been looking at some 3d rendering, awesome, gonna study-up on SI mosaics too…see if I can figure that out…

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    If you don't mind sharing your data, you can upload the Auto Chart Live files to Chart Select LiveShare and then download the processed maps by everyone that participates.
    Also with LiveShare you can SAVE Current Track, upload them and they will be converted to Auto Chart Live files.

Auto Chart Live data is always an overlay on whatever map background you use --Basemap, ContourXD, Lakemaster, or Navionics.
    Interesting!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytrails View Post
    Trying to read these tutorials, but when I click on links, I’m asked for “google access”, anyone know what that’s about? There is an option to request access, which I did, says I will be notified by mail if I’m granted access…
    Access approved! Great information…very helpful!

9. Member
    I have backed-up my recordings and created the suggested file organization structure in the AC tutorial (Autochart files/lake name/date data collected/) and would like to start over with my custom map and import only the files that I have moved to this location. The tutorial by camohunter "autochart: how to delete your map and start over" shows two folders on his Autochart zerolines card (ZLC)..."AC" and "Lakemaster". The reader is instructed to delete the "AC" folder which would leave only the "lakemaster" folder. However, my ZLC currently contains the following folders "AC", "ACDATA", "BT", "LkMaster", "Snapshot", and a file named "Profile". Just wondering if the instructions remain the same...delete everything but "LkMaster" folder, then import files from new location into Autochart program, recreate custom map and save to ZLC. If so, then how do I remove all the current green boxes in order to import only the files that I want to use...(see screenshot below)
    Screenshot (1).png
    Last edited by Kytrails; 10-30-2021 at 10:18 PM.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have backed-up my recordings and created the suggested file organization structure in the AC tutorial (Autochart files/lake name/date data collected/) and would like to start over with my custom map and import only the files that I have moved to this location. The tutorial by camohunter "autochart: how to delete your map and start over" shows two folders on his Autochart zerolines card (ZLC)..."AC" and "Lakemaster". The reader is instructed to delete the "AC" folder which would leave only the "lakemaster" folder. However, my ZLC currently contains the following folders "AC", "ACDATA", "BT", "LkMaster", "Snapshot", and a file named "Profile". Just wondering if the instructions remain the same...delete everything but "LkMaster" folder, then import files from new location into Autochart program, recreate custom map and save to ZLC. If so, then how do I remove all the current green boxes in order to import only the files that I want to use...(see screenshot below)
    Screenshot (1).png
    I think you only want to delete the AC Folder. Rather than delete, I would choose to rename it to something like "AC-1". I have several iterations on my ZeroLines card from multiple passes and restarts. I wasn't comfortable totally deleting but, as long as you rename "AC" to anything else, it will be ignored by the Autochart PC software and your control head.

The others folders are there for a reason. For example, the ACDATA folder is your AutoChart Live recordings. Don't delete that unless you want to delete all of your AutoChart Live data.

You absolutely do not want to delete or alter the Lakemaster folder. That will invalidate your card and it would have to be rebuilt by Humminbird which I believe carries a cost.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

11. Member
    Here are my thoughts:
    1. Remove paths in Chart file Index to all the old files
    2. Save all files to backup folder then delete them from current locations

Will this remove those green boxes generated from the old data?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I think you only want to delete the AC Folder. Rather than delete, I would choose to rename it to something like "AC-1". I have several iterations on my ZeroLines card from multiple passes and restarts. I wasn't comfortable totally deleting but, as long as you rename "AC" to anything else, it will be ignored by the Autochart PC software and your control head.

The others folders are there for a reason. For example, the ACDATA folder is your AutoChart Live recordings. Don't delete that unless you want to delete all of your AutoChart Live data.

You absolutely do not want to delete or alter the Lakemaster folder. That will invalidate your card and it would have to be rebuilt by Humminbird which I believe carries a cost.
    Thanks Steve! Getting late, got to hit the sack and digest what I have learned tonight, stayed up way too late again but I'm determined to figure this program out!

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Thanks Steve! Getting late, got to hit the sack and digest what I have learned tonight, stayed up way too late again but I'm determined to figure this program out!
    I went through the same process you are going through about 6 months ago. I've painstakingly created AutoChart Live recordings on about 90% of my 10,000 acre home lake since there wasn't a Lakemaster or Navionics HD map card available. I then used AutoChart PC Pro to create a "permanent" map which basically gives you the same capabilities as a Lakemaster map. I also went through all the old tutorials and read this entire thread (that took some time) but had to lean a lot from the experts who still follow this thread. The AutoChart PC program has a lot of capability but, with capability, comes complexity and a lot of the capability isn't readily apparent or easy to figure out. I finally got it done and it works much better than the original AutoChart Live "paint a section at a time" original files.

Good luck with your journey!
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

14. Member
    Finally got a chance to get back on the water. I have almost mapped the entire lake. I can "map here", then "create map", and then view that section (data thats displayed inside red box outline) in 3D. I'm currently trying to figure out how to display entire lake in 3D. Should I change (increase) the dimensions of the "red box outline"? I think I read somewhere in this thread that it was suggested to someone to increase it to 7000x7000 for their particular situation. However, I think I read somewhere in manual that there is a corresponding decrease in processing speed as a result. Does this make any sense? or am I missing the mark altogether...?
    Screenshot (4).png

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Finally got a chance to get back on the water. I have almost mapped the entire lake. I can "map here", then "create map", and then view that section (data thats displayed inside red box outline) in 3D. I'm currently trying to figure out how to display entire lake in 3D. Should I change (increase) the dimensions of the "red box outline"? I think I read somewhere in this thread that it was suggested to someone to increase it to 7000x7000 for their particular situation. However, I think I read somewhere in manual that there is a corresponding decrease in processing speed as a result. Does this make any sense? or am I missing the mark altogether...?
    Screenshot (4).png
    Unfortunately, there is no way to show the entire lake in 3D... Just one section at a time. I went on this same journey on my 10,000 acre lake. Now about 90% complete and I have a permanent map via AutoChart PC Pro.

16. Member
    Holy cra% I made it. Just read through entire thread trying to answer what i hope is a simple question. I am using AC Pro. I can create waypoints and I believe that I have exported them correctly to my zlc however when installed in my unit, 899 si the waypoints do not appear. I can create waypoints on the unit itself and they remain saved but I can't find the waypoints created on AC Pro. Any help? PS Great thread with some very informative people Thank you all.

17. Member
    PS. Also getting the Google drive access denied message. Have requested access.

Quote Originally Posted by DublD61 View Post
    Holy cra% I made it. Just read through entire thread trying to answer what i hope is a simple question. I am using AC Pro. I can create waypoints and I believe that I have exported them correctly to my zlc however when installed in my unit, 899 si the waypoints do not appear. I can create waypoints on the unit itself and they remain saved but I can't find the waypoints created on AC Pro. Any help? PS Great thread with some very informative people Thank you all.
    Waypoints have to be in a MATRIX folder to load them to the 899.
    Does AC Pro put the waypoints in a MATRIX folder so the 899 will recognize them?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    They are in a MATRIX.hwr file on card.

20. Member
    I just created a new folder on the card named MATRIX. Drag and dropped MATRIX.HWR file into it. No dice. Replaced HWR file with new export. Again nothing on 899.

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast