Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    I just tested that and it does not work with my Navionics Hotmap Premium Canada chip. There are no overlay options available and I can't find a way to view the autochart live/lakemaster data with Navionics inserted. Once I pop Navionics out leaving just my ZLC, I have all sorts of options to use my satellite imaging or my acl/lakemaster map as the base and the other as the overlay. It also works with a real Lakemaster chip inserted.
    What unit?
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

I'm using a Helix 10 G2N Mega.

The satellite imagery I'm using lives on the ZLC card. Autochart Pro has an option to "Create Lakemater IMG Layer". Here's how it's done:

He uses a free app called SAS Planet to create the map file used by ACPro to build the IMG. There's a long list of mapping options besides google satellite imagery available in that tool.

Standard Autochart does not have IMG layer creation option, only Pro does.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooltim View Post
    I have Onix 10 Si at console, Onix 10 Ci at bow. I keep Navionics card and AC Pro ZLC in console unit at all times. I chose Navionics as base map at all times. I start ACL and record to the ZLC every time I put the trolling motor in or am idling around an area. The ACL automatically overlays the Navionics card. You can choose at anytime which overlay layer ( normal, bottom hardness, vegetation ) you wish to view at anytime in the ACL menu. The Navionics stays as the base map underneath at all times. When I start off at the boat launch I am seeing the Navionics chart. When I get to an area that I have fished before, recorded in ACL, I automatically see the overlays whether I have ACL on or not. Others can help with transferring data from your one ZLC to a second card using the ACPro in your PC. I personally can't stand the program, to complicated for me, and just move the two cards when going up front.
    I don't have an onix, so I'm not sure that answer was relevant. Thank you just the same for taking the time to type it though...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    I'm using a Helix 10 G2N Mega.

The satellite imagery I'm using lives on the ZLC card. Autochart Pro has an option to "Create Lakemater IMG Layer". Here's how it's done:

He uses a free app called SAS Planet to create the map file used by ACPro to build the IMG. There's a long list of mapping options besides google satellite imagery available in that tool.

Standard Autochart does not have IMG layer creation option, only Pro does.
    Thank you, I do have pro. I know what I'll be doing up at the lake next week when I'm not on the water! :)

5. Member
    Onix 10 and Helix 10 have the same options when it comes too ACL, ACP ZLC and the ability to overlay on a Navionics Map. The only difference is the Onix can share One Navionics card with another Onix/Solix unit. Since you have two Navionics cards you do need this option to accomplish viewing recorded ZLC map over Navionics Map which was the original question.

6. Member
    I've created a custom shoreline for a local lake which I can see nicely on AC Pro on my PC. I've saved the ACD file of the shoreline to my ZL card. I was hoping that I would be able to see the custom shoreline on my control head when I'm out on the water but it seems to revert back to the original shoreline. I'm a bit stuck - is there a selection I should be making on the control head? I've been through the menus but haven't seen anything obvious and can't find anything in the Ops Guide. I'm hoping I've just missed a step somewhere and that others have been here before me :-)

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member

Thanks Robert. This was the excellent tutorial from Camohunter that I followed to create my custom shoreline and which AC Pro displays nicely for me. My issue is that I can't seem to get the head unit to select my custom shoreline so that I can view it on the water and I don't think this is addressed in the tutorial.

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I created a custom shoreline and it showed up fine on my local copy of the ACL data on a resident drive, as I updated the map without issue - I didn't load it to a control head, but see no reason it wouldn't read...

Did you choose the area you created and right click - "map here"?

Once you do that & "update" your card it should show.

I have been really busy rebuilding the top end of my motor (electrical) and wiring some new stuff - so I have been trying to get my rig ready in-between the hot spells so I can't really test right now.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

10. Member
    I've experimented a bit here and there but not made any progress on the shorelines. I'l keep fiddling for a while longer yet and maybe I'll stumble on something. On a slightly different topic I did figure out that if I edit files to correct bad data in AC, if I want to see that corrected data in AC Live on my unit then I need to export the file using Export to AC Live in the File menu. I guess it essentially takes the changes I made in the .acd file and makes the same changes to the .acu file. It might be obvious to everyone else but I haven't seen it mentioned in other strings so thought I would mention it just in case it was helpful to others.

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

12. Member
    I had trouble with this same thing when I started as well. http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/in...p?topic=9152.0 Camohunter confirmed it was a known issue with the mapping. As a workaround I made custom shoreline into a track and pushed that to the head unit.

13. Member
    Thanks guys - very helpful. It looks like the track work around might be my best for for now then.

14. Member
    Useful tip on the custom shoreline with Rivers. I should have made my shoreline with imagery during a time of higher water. I made mine from imagery during a lower water time and had to redo all of them because the Lakemaster map spilled out of the custom shoreline/track on the headunit.

15. Member
    Ok.. SO - Today I hit the lake yet again, this time with the AS GRP. I just got finished rendering the days recordings - of the same lake that I mapped before. It looks WAY better. Tremendous improvement - I feel like I can actually trust this map! (which leads to my next problem...)

So, in order to try to get a "rough" idea of where I had and hadn't mapped the last time, I pulled my regular map cards and ran the lake today using the previously generated map stored on my ZLC.

There was no shoreline! None. At all. Places near the shore that I hadn't mapped just went off into space.

I thought I would at least see the outline of the lake, even if there was no chart data.

Did I have a setting wrong or something? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

16. Member
    I found the following on Humminbird's FAQ: ( https://www.humminbird.com/faqDetail.aspx?id=14216 )

Q: If my friend has a ZeroLine card can I copy Autochart Live data from my ZeroLine card to his ZeroLine card?

A:Yes. Autochart Live data can be copied or merged. Autochart Live files are stored on the ZeroLine card in the "acdata" folder. These files can be copied to and from ZeroLine cards. Data copied to a single card from two different cards will be merged together by Autochart Live automatically.

I tried this out. I have done some mapping on my ZL card and my friend has done some mapping on his ZL card. Some of that mapping is on the same lake, and some of those maps are on the same spots on the same lake, while others of course are not. I pasted his acdata files into my acdata folder on my card and I got the message that 10 of his 63 files contained the same name as files in my acdata folder. I opted to skip those files of his with the same name rather than replace mine. When I fired up the unit, his and my maps appear to have merged successfully.

Is there any work around to some of the files sharing the same name? We plan to continue to share our our charts and I imagine that this issue will only become more prevalent and prevent us from sharing certain data. Humminbird customer service rep had never heard of this issue and had no advice.

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilikum View Post
    I found the following on Humminbird's FAQ: ( https://www.humminbird.com/faqDetail.aspx?id=14216 )

Q: If my friend has a ZeroLine card can I copy Autochart Live data from my ZeroLine card to his ZeroLine card?

A:Yes. Autochart Live data can be copied or merged. Autochart Live files are stored on the ZeroLine card in the "acdata" folder. These files can be copied to and from ZeroLine cards. Data copied to a single card from two different cards will be merged together by Autochart Live automatically.

I tried this out. I have done some mapping on my ZL card and my friend has done some mapping on his ZL card. Some of that mapping is on the same lake, and some of those maps are on the same spots on the same lake, while others of course are not. I pasted his acdata files into my acdata folder on my card and I got the message that 10 of his 63 files contained the same name as files in my acdata folder. I opted to skip those files of his with the same name rather than replace mine. When I fired up the unit, his and my maps appear to have merged successfully.

Is there any work around to some of the files sharing the same name? We plan to continue to share our our charts and I imagine that this issue will only become more prevalent and prevent us from sharing certain data. Humminbird customer service rep had never heard of this issue and had no advice.
    You can RENAME them on your PC - just add an "A" or take one character off the duplicate name.

They are created in a serial number fashion using the date.

I've merged some stuff and it's easy with a computer - and you can freely copy & past data from the ACDATA folder.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilikum View Post

Cool, thank you! I wasn't sure if renaming them would cause a problem or not.

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    IDK if longer file names will cause issues so I just kept mine the same number of digits, I think they're 8 plus the file extension...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

20. Member
    8 digits is because of an old FAT file system limitation. Internally, the bird units might still have this limitation. I would not exceed 8 characters.

In any event, what you really should do in order to get the best maps possible is instead of just copying the acdata folder stuff, you should get copies of his actual sonar logs, and generate a single map using autochart PC or autochart pro from the raw sonar logs.

I don't know how the units will react to having multiple sources for data for the same GPS location on the lake. Pretty sure that autochart pro sorts this out in the software before the maps themselves are generated. It might be kosher, it might not.

Me? I'd prefer to have the sonar logs on my PC anyway so that I can look at the lake in 3D.

I have a buddy who doesn't have autochart pc or pro. I've convinced him to record his sonar logs every time he goes out. Doesn't take him but a second, and for some reason he already had a blank SD card in his unit.

He gives the card to me and I empty it out whenever I see him (he only fishes a few times a month). I'm building maps for lakes I've never been on, and he doesn't even have a ZLC so I can't give him the data if I wanted to.

Plan is that if and when we get out together on any of the lakes he's already mapped (some don't have map data), I'll just bring along my ZLC so we've got good intel.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast