Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    i just got a helix 10 g1 on the dash i have an 1999 on the bow can someone please explain why i would want ac pro for the pc? why wouldnt i not just buy a zl card that would keep letting me save more then 8 hours of data on the helix correct? not sure what im missing here? not sure what i would be gaining with ac pro. If I make a map with the helix and had a.c. pro would it make a map that would look like it does on my helix on the 1199 , would it show the colors and vegetation or would it just show. Or would it just show contour lines on the 1199?
    Last edited by falbinki; 05-17-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by falbinki View Post
    i just got a helix 10 g1 on the dash i have an 1999 on the bow can someone please explain why i would want ac pro for the pc? why wouldnt i not just buy a zl card that would keep letting me save more then 8 hours of data on the helix correct? not sure what im missing here? not sure what i would be gaining with ac pro. If I make a map with the helix and had a.c. pro would it make a map that would look like it does on my helix on the 1199 , would it show the colors and vegetation or would it just show. Or would it just show contour lines on the 1199?
    The Helix would have Auto Chart Live built-in. ONLY units that have built-in Auto Chart Live can use Auto Chart Live data. The 1199ci HD SI Combo does not have Auto Chart Live.

If you want a map created via Auto Chart Live to work with the 1199, you have convert it to Auto Chart via either Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro computer software.

Auto Chart Live
    and Auto Chart are two different file types.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Here's my opinion and justification for using AutoChart Pro for the computer in addition to AutoChart Live.

If you deal with varying water levels quite a bit, think about how that would affect your map created by AutoChart Live. If you boat a lake or river channel one day, and go back a week later and the water level is 2ft higher/lower, that is going to affect the look and quality of your map. You can adjust for that somewhat with AutoChart Live by adjusting the water level offset, but you would need to remember to do that every time before saving data.

Another reason, is editing bad data points. If you collect map data long enough, it is inevitable you will get some bad data at some point. AutoChart Live does give you the ability to delete bad data points, which works fine if you don't have many. But to edit a large area, or lots of bad data points, AutoChart PC software is better suited for those purposes.

To each their own, I'm just a stickler for a quality final map product. So I see myself using AutoChart Live when I'm exploring a new area on the water, but then taking the sonar recording logs and importing them to my computer, and fixing the data with AutoChart PC after the fact to compile all my data into my 'final map' version. My 'final map' version will be the one I export from the computer software.
    Last edited by CamoHunter; 05-18-2018 at 03:03 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    Here's my opinion and justification for using AutoChart Pro for the computer in addition to AutoChart Live.

If you deal with varying water levels quite a bit, think about how that would affect your map created by AutoChart Live. If you boat a lake or river channel one day, and go back a week later and the water level is 2ft higher/lower, that is going to affect the look and quality of your map. You can adjust for that somewhat with AutoChart Live by adjusting the water level offset, but you would need to remember to do that every time before saving data.

Another reason, is editing bad data points. If you collect map data long enough, it is inevitable you will get some bad data at some point. AutoChart Live does give you the ability to delete bad data points, which works fine if you don't have many. But to edit a large area, or lots of bad data points, AutoChart PC software is better suited for those purposes.

To each their own, I'm just a stickler for a quality final map product. So I see myself using AutoChart Live when I'm exploring a new area on the water, but then taking the sonar recording logs and importing them to my computer, and fixing the data with AutoChart PC after the fact to compile all my data into my 'final map' version. My 'final map' version will be the one I export from the computer software.
    CamoHunter - I'm usig AC as correction data tool too, have question about export corrected data from AC as .CSV files - is that possible? I thought AC can import .CSV data and can export data too. Are you know something about this case?

5. Member
    I have an Autochart Live question that has not been answered on the HB Forum. Maybe someone here can help me on this . I have a Helix 10 DI on the bow and a Helix 10 SI at the console. They are linked. They both have Navionics cards. I use the Autochart to update/correct maps from the console(SI) unit. It updates my mapping on this unit, not the bow(DI) unit. Is there a way to update the map on the front unit from the console unit ? Thanks.

6. Member
    Helix don’t share mapping

7. Member
    One option you do have is to buy a second ZLC and copy the files from the console card to the new one. That way you will be able to overlay your ACLive on the Navionics map. Copying the files is relatively easy. You need an SD card reader to plug into the USB port on your computer, copy all the files to the computer, switch out the ZLC to the blank one and copy from your computer to the new ZLC. The files are all named by date so after the initial copying you can do just the newest files that you've made. After you've done it a couple times it will only take a few minutes. One thing I would be careful of is to make sure you eject the SD card reader/external memory each time before you remove it. Helps prevent files from getting corrupted.

Having a back up of your mapping files is a good idea anyway. Strange things happen and it would suck to lose your maps.

8. Member
    I am using the Helix internal memory, not a ZL card. I assume I could still download the ACL info to an SD card and upload to the other Helix as you suggested ? Thanks.

9. Member
    That won’t work. Live can only be transferred to a zlc. You can get one of the computer programs and make LakeMaster maps that way, they come with a zlc. The Helix head only has 8 hours of memory do you will start to lose your earlier recordings as the unit overwrites them. Two zlc‘s cost about the same as PC. Can you overlay a LM map on your Navionics? I don’t know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
    That won’t work. Live can only be transferred to a zlc. You can get one of the computer programs and make LakeMaster maps that way, they come with a zlc. The Helix head only has 8 hours of memory do you will start to lose your earlier recordings as the unit overwrites them. Two zlc‘s cost about the same as PC. Can you overlay a LM map on your Navionics? I don’t know the answer to that.
    Auto Chart Live is the ONLY data that is overplayed on another background.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I'm getting a new boat that will have 2 x Helix 10's (G2 w/SI) and an Ultrex (with iPilot link). Dealer is setting them up to be fully networked. What software and/or SD cards do I need to manage my way points, build maps, etc.? Related, what is the best resource to access to learn how to best leverage SI technology? Thanks!

12. Member
    Has anyone been able to view satellite images (.IMG) on a Solix, I have got a ZL card with .IMG files on it that work in my Helix, but not luck on the Solix???

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Auto Chart Live is the ONLY data that is overplayed on another background.
    You can overlay an autochart map onto a lakemaster map. I've seen me do it.

14. Member
    If I uploaded my Autochart data to Autochart LiveShare and then delete the data from my ZL card, will I save space once I’ve downloaded the lake data from LiveShare back onto my ZL card, or will the usage be the same?
    Thanks for any insight.

15. Member
    New to this board. Have read all the way thru this thread. Humminbird needs to hire
    the experts here to write the book on how to use this software.

Thanks so so much for your time and effort

I have a Gen1 12” Helix Si unit. I have the zero line card and autochart
    pro.

Now my question. Since the software now reads the ACL files, is there
    any reason to also make a sonar recording file?

Regards
    Rodney

I'm mapping a lake in Canada with acl. the maps seem good, but can't see contour lines because they're covered by the track lines. How do I remove the tracks from the maps? Using a gen 1 helix 9.

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Rage & Ram - No and No.

ALCS just makes the ACL data available to anyone, and the card will store gob and gobs of ACL files (same size).

Sonar Logs can be used to create AC PC or ACL files, but are much larger in file size UNTIL converted using AC PC software.

Saddle, your plot trials can be deleted from the GPS screen menu "Clear current track" unless you saved them multiple times - then under the WP management, you'd delete saved tracks which typically are grey dotted lines by default.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

18. Member
    Thanks for the quick reply, I was under the impression that I could only store 100 hours of data on a Zero Lines card, I guess I can store much more?

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you are recording in ACL format (not Sonar Logs) probably enough storage to outlive me and you....

The ACL files are tiny - (kb not MB) so no worries, just occasionally back up the ACDATA folder to your PC in case the card ever should fail.

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

20. Member
    Thank you Sir!

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast