Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1johnb View Post
    My question is are my si and ac folders missing. Or will I not have them on the zero line card until I convert a map and install it on the zlc?
    The reason I ask is the instructions say not to delete those folders, which I did not as they weren't on the zlc.
    Did you check for the folders on your computer?

I do not have the computer software, just the ZLC. I have units with built-in Auto Chart Live.

I have not used the SI mosiacs feature. My ZLC has two folders.
    One is Lakemaster which is the Zero Lines and is 14.2 GB in size
    One is acdata which is the contours I have added and is 191 KB
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Yes I have. I have the Lakemaster folder at 14.2 g the profile folder is 287 bytes. The computer shows 15.9gb free of 30.2gb. The difference is 14.3. Maybe I am okay just worried because of the warning not to delete those folders. Then I couldn't locate them on the zero line card.

Thanks Wayne. I know that I appreciate all of your help and knowledge on here and that you are always very unselfish with your help. Humminbird should put you on the payroll for all of the help you give.

Quote Originally Posted by 1johnb View Post
    Yes I have. I have the Lakemaster folder at 14.2 g the profile folder is 287 bytes. The computer shows 15.9gb free of 30.2gb. The difference is 14.3. Maybe I am okay just worried because of the warning not to delete those folders. Then I couldn't locate them on the zero line card.

Thanks Wayne. I know that I appreciate all of your help and knowledge on here and that you are always very unselfish with your help. Humminbird should put you on the payroll for all of the help you give.
    The Profile folder is what your unit puts on the card when it is unlocked. It is unit settings. You can delete that if you want.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Hello friends and colleagues they
    I am from Bulgaria and please be excused for my English.
    Today I read the whole topic, but you can not find answers to some questions of mine.
    I will try to explain MY problems from the start and will ask for help.
    4 days ago I bought HELIX 12 si gps chirp and ZLC. I made my first card ACL stayed very pleased, but appeared a big problem.
    The depth of my lake changes every week and now I do not know when my next walking what settings I set to do the correct card on my lake.
    Please tell me step by step what you need to do every time recording with different levels of water.

Wait your help.

Thanks in advance to all.

There is a mechanism for correcting water level fluctuations in the PC version of Autochart.....but I don't know about Autochart Live.

Maybe it would be possible to do a water level offset to keep a reference depth.

In case you eventually have to use the PC software to do the correction .... Keep a log of the relative water depth difference each time you do the recordings.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

6. Member
    Hey there,I have a question on the possible set up on autochart (not AC live) before I load the data from my zero lines card.
    Here in eastern SD, as many know, the lakes have flooded in recent years. The borders of the lakes show on the map on the card/software, but all the lakes are actually past the border. So when I load the data, it really condenses it together.
    Wondering where/if/how I can change that? Appreciate the help!

7. Member
    Can someone tell me what I'm going wrong. I can use every function in autochart pro. this is what is happening to me when I start autochart pro. (photo 1 ) is what I see. In all other video and photo I see this.(photo 2) why can't I see what is in photo 2 when I start autochart pro?
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    I need some advice about a problem I have with AutoChart PC. I had been using it and I've made some maps. I can see them like expected on my Helix and I could see the 3D view on the computer. One day that changed. I can no longer make a 3D view. It acts like it is going to and it shades it but the map doesn't give the 3D effect. I can turn it but it only a flat plane with not heights or lows.

I uninstalled AutoChart and reinstalled but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks

9. Member
    Is there a trial copy of the AutoChart PC software available?

Thanks,

Scott

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    No....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

11. Member
    Thanks, next question I should have asked earlier too - are the maps on the LakeMaster card the only full on 140,000 named bodies of water in the AutoChart program? I'm trying to find out if Lake Amon G. Carter in near Bowie Texas is on it in detail or just a blue hole waiting for AutoChart data from the user.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottCook View Post
    Thanks, next question I should have asked earlier too - are the maps on the LakeMaster card the only full on 140,000 named bodies of water in the AutoChart program? I'm trying to find out if Lake Amon G. Carter in near Bowie Texas is on it in detail or just a blue hole waiting for AutoChart data from the user.
    If you are asking if the Zero Lines card (used for Auto Chart PC program) has map data for that lake, NO - it has Zero Lines for all lake outlines to be populated with your mapping data.

If you're asking if a HB LakeMaster card for that region contains map data - go to HB's site & download the lake list for that region map card.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Member
    There are some areas missing from the zero lines card but the cool thing is you can create your own outlines and fill it with your own data. I did this for certain sections of the missiouri river in my area

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    If you are asking if the Zero Lines card (used for Auto Chart PC program) has map data for that lake, NO - it has Zero Lines for all lake outlines to be populated with your mapping data.

If you're asking if a HB LakeMaster card for that region contains map data - go to HB's site & download the lake list for that region map card.
    Thanks, sfw1960. I understand the Zero Lines card is just that, zero lines.

I'm asking if the AutoChart PC program itself has that lake in detail. The LakeMaster chip does not according to the PDF. I was thinking I could plot my way through the creek on my PC and transfer those way points to the Helix, then AutoChart it from the Helix.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottCook View Post
    Thanks, sfw1960. I understand the Zero Lines card is just that, zero lines.

I'm asking if the AutoChart PC program itself has that lake in detail. The LakeMaster chip does not according to the PDF. I was thinking I could plot my way through the creek on my PC and transfer those way points to the Helix, then AutoChart it from the Helix.
    The AutoChart PC program is just a program .... it doesn't have any data unless you provide it.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    The program itself contains NOTHING for lake contour data, it can import your data & generate maps from the sonar logs you record to a blank SD Cars.

So, yes you will have to record sonar logs to a blank SD Card, import that to your AutoChart PC and start making your own private lake map.

Your waypoints can be loaded independently of any unit - and have nothing to do with using AutoChart PC or Live.

You need the ZLC to export the mapping and display that on a HB unit.

HTH~
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

17. Member
    Thanks to all for the answers. So much for that plan...

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    .acu files must be AutoChart Live files. I only have AutoChart Pro on the computer. My zeroline cards do not have a single .acu file on them.

So, as I mentioned before, I don't know of a way to just copy a map from one ZLC to another, at least not the map generated from AutoChart Pro.

AutoChart Live map must be an .acu file, which must have the ability to be copied from one card to another.
    You can swap ACL map files with your buddies!

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...utoChartLive2/

I'll be experimenting much more when it warms back up....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

19. Member
    Thinking of going to autochart pro. Anyone know if
    There is a mac version?
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

I just purchased a Helix 12 Chirp SI unit to replace my 899ci SI. I have a few questions about autochart. If I import the AC live data is there a need to import sonar recordings or does the AC live sonar data have more fidelity than the plain sonar recording? If I create a map wit AC then create a bottom hardness overlay can I select the AC map and overlay the Bottom hardness layer? Do I need sonar recordings for bottom hardness or does the AC live data include the info AC Pro requires to create the BH layer?

Thank you,

Mark
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast