Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Yo ucan record AutoChart LIVE frrom the ONIX direct to ZeroLine Card.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris's View Post
    So what units will this work on? 899 or 999?
    Autochart Zerolines Sd card will work in all 800+ series with newer software updates. It also works on 700 HD series as far as I know. I have a 788ci HD depthfinder, and it works fine on mine. I heard it doesn't work on non-HD series 700's though. Probably too much for the processor.

I'm also pretty sure it will work with 688's since those were released after my 788's. Helix models only take micro-sd cards, so those cannot use Autochart at this time. I'm guessing Humminbird will come out with micro-sd AutoChart cards soon.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBorzov View Post
    I have bought European Auto Chart Pro,but one of the most biggest river in Russia is half drawn only. Is there any opportunity to get renew "zero line" card? How should I draw missing part of the river on map?
    Alex, if you are interested in depth data on a river or lake, that isn't included on the zerolines sd card, you'll have to create that shoreline data yourself. It is possible in AutoChart to create your own custom shoreline data.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBorzov View Post
    What is the "zero line" card necessary for? A map of depths can be drawn anyway,even if there are not drawn banks of rivers on the map. So, the map can be created,but, will banks be seen on it? It seems to me, that outlines of reservoirs,which are drawn on the map, are not participated in a structure of the map of depths. This SD-card is used only for reproducing created card on Humminbird devices. That means,that there is only a picture of banks, without zero depths with co-ordinates. Am I right? So,I have got a question. Is Humminbird company going to produce AutoChart and it will not be attached to definite SD-card?
    Alex, it's not necessarily the fact that you need shoreline data. It's more the fact that it is an encrypted sd card that works in your Humminbird unit. It would not be a good business decision to let people create maps and copies on any SD card. So, the zerolines are necessarily needed since you can create your own in the AutoChart software, but the encrypted zerolines sd card IS needed to take the map you've produced and use it on different depthfinders.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Can the Autochart data or map on the Onix be saved to use in Autochart externally to create a map on a SD card?........Or does that data only exist on the unit?
    skigill, Yes Onix has autochart built in and you don't need the zerolines sd card. However, that is only good for 8 hrs of data. Beyond that, you start losing data. So, for most people, they're going to want a zerolines sd card to store more map data onto.

Bob B, ONIX can store up to 8 hours of AutoChart Live data on-board. You will need a ZeroLines SD card to store and display more data than that. You can return to a lake over and over again to add data, and the map will reprocess to accommodate old and new data together without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    skigill, Yes Onix has autochart built in and you don't need the zerolines sd card. However, that is only good for 8 hrs of data. Beyond that, you start losing data. So, for most people, they're going to want a zerolines sd card to store more map data onto.

Bob B, ONIX can store up to 8 hours of AutoChart Live data on-board. You will need a ZeroLines SD card to store and display more data than that. You can return to a lake over and over again to add data, and the map will reprocess to accommodate old and new data together without any problems.
    Thanks CamoHunter ...... I was wondering if you could move that onboard data to an SD card .....or does it only exist on the unit. I understand if you recorded to a zero line card initially, but didn't know if you could move it later.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Thanks CamoHunter ...... I was wondering if you could move that onboard data to an SD card .....or does it only exist on the unit. I understand if you recorded to a zero line card initially, but didn't know if you could move it later.
    You can move that onboard data to an SD card.

From what I gather on page 24 here: http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/D...t.aspx?id=6487
    It sounds like you can save the actual map that you create from live data. But I'm not sure what happens to the data that was used to create that map image, if you don't save it (the track files/sonar recordings).
    Here's what I believe ONIX is actually doing, based on my experience with the AutoChart PC program. Onix is taking your lat,long,depth points and processing them into a map on-the-fly. Inside the AC folder, it is storing and updating a map 'image' from your collected data. But, I don't know what it is doing with the actual data (the tracks/sonar recordings). I don't know if it stores those temporarily for a while, and deletes them eventually, or what happens with that.

Personally, I'd be saving ALL of my Humminbird Tracks and Sonar Recordings, and keeping them well organized on my computer.
    I don't own an ONIX, and do all my AutoChart processing through the PC software program. However, even if I did have an ONIX unit, I would still want to save all those track files and sonar recordings. That way, if things go haywire down the road with the map you've created on the fly with your ONIX, you could still process all those data files with the PC program.

8. Member
    AUTOCHART MANUALS
    Here are several AutoChart manuals which were published by Humminbird.

AutoChart - Software Installation Guide

Instructions on how to install the AutoChart PC Software.

AutoChart - Getting Started Guide
    This is sort of a quick-start guide. Helpful to go through the tutorial steps to get started.

Installation & Operations Guide (AutoChart - Installation and Operations Guide)
    This is the primary manual for AutoChart. It goes more in depth into functions and features of the program.

ZeroLines SD Card - Manual for Using in Your Depthfinder
    This is a manual that contains information about changes you can make on your ZeroLines custom map, on AutoChart compatible Humminbird units.

ZeroLines SD Card - ONIX & Ion Manual
    This is a manual for those of you with a Humminbird ONIX or Ion, and contains information on the additional features of those units.

ZeroLines SD Card - Warning, Do Not Delete Folders
    Just a fair warning, do not delete the LkMaster, AC, or SI folders on the ZeroLines SD Card.

Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-25-2015 at 09:17 AM.

9. Member
    Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-10-2015 at 11:31 AM.

10. Banned
    Really nice Camo!!

Thanks Camo! I have the autochart pro on my PC and an onix. Have not got a chance to use either till weather gets warmer!

12. Member
    No problem guys. I hope to post many more in the near future. If you have requests for the next tutorial, let me know!
    A couple future ones I hope to put together are: file organization, how to create/edit shoreline data, and how to use a local copy of the zerolines sd card so you don't have to have the card in your computer to create maps.
    Cheers!

13. Member
    do any of you guys know if there is a way to remove all previous recordings that have been updated to zero lines card. essentially restarting with a clean slate without uninstalling the program and reinstalling.

14. Member
    The recordings, or the map? Those are two separate things. The recordings, I wouldn't delete. Rather, cut and paste them onto your computer.

The map, yes you can delete it and start from scratch also. Simply rename the AC folder, to AC1. Create a new AC folder, and you can start a new map from scratch.

15. Member
    I have all my recordings backed up in a separate folder on my computer. Really just want to restart with a new map to start from scratch again.

Yes, it works for sure works in the 798ci HD. But, very important. You have to go to the menu on the unit and change the chart from default to AC. That little tip is courtesy of Camohunter. He is the man when it comes to Auto Chart.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    Autochart Zerolines Sd card will work in all 800+ series with newer software updates. It also works on 700 HD series as far as I know. I have a 788ci HD depthfinder, and it works fine on mine. I heard it doesn't work on non-HD series 700's though. Probably too much for the processor.

I'm also pretty sure it will work with 688's since those were released after my 788's. Helix models only take micro-sd cards, so those cannot use Autochart at this time. I'm guessing Humminbird will come out with micro-sd AutoChart cards soon.

17. Member
    Sweet tutorials! Love the step by step. Several of my questions were answered. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the how to create shoreline data tutorial.

WTG CamoHunter......I think you just advanced the understanding a LOT.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

19. Member
    Do not lose your activation code!!!! I bought a new computer I can't find my activation code call hummingbird they say I need to buy the program again. I have the receipt. This is a $250 program not a $29 program. You have to be kidding me you cannot register this program either!!!!!!! Tell me this is a joke!!!!
    mike
    Boat: 2013 Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion: 150 L FourStroke
    Underwater Surveillance: HELIX 12 MEGA G2N & 1198 & 997
    Alternative Propulsion: Ultrex I-Pilot Link
    Shallow Water Anchor: ​ 12' Talon

20. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Man I read a look at some of this stuff.....I get way over my head and confused. Tough on us old farts that didn't grow up with all this technology.

I long for the old days when this was considered high tech:

antennae.jpg
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast