Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    i have no idea so my guess is no.

Rick Elrod

i spent several hours mapping at different times but it was last fall. The unit always seemed to remember or display previous sessions

Rick Elrod

is there a way to check the card to confirm that files were saved?

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    is there a way to check the card to confirm that files were saved?
    Each recording has the date the recording was done and the date the recording was put on the Zero Line Card.

acdata folder.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have some acdata folders with acu files that likely are from mapping

Rick Elrod

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Helix units are glitchy when reading map cards in Simulator. If you run the unit in Normal, you can see the Auto Chart Live data if you move the map curser to the location.
    When in simulator mode, it "draws" fake contours regardless of sim location chosen.

In order for me to view ACL data I have to have a GPS fix.

If you do not turn ACL on and off each time (or more frequently) my guess id the map data is corrupted.

The very 1st post of this thread has ALL the info you would need to work with your map data, it takes time to read the info though.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

I brought in my other unit, a Helix 10si, which was the console unit where recordings were made. I still cant see my recordings. I have a gps fix and can see all tracks but no mapping. When I install the ZLC in my pc it shows that there is 14.6 of 28.9 free on the card. In other words, the card is 1/2 full. WTF? Why is this so complicated? I have been reading the info in the thread and it is confusing. Autochart live/autochart/autochart PC all different things. Who is the "genius" writing this stuff?

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    I brought in my other unit, a Helix 10si, which was the console unit where recordings were made. I still cant see my recordings. I have a gps fix and can see all tracks but no mapping. When I install the ZLC in my pc it shows that there is 14.6 of 28.9 free on the card. In other words, the card is 1/2 full. WTF? Why is this so complicated? I have been reading the info in the thread and it is confusing. Autochart live/autochart/autochart PC all different things. Who is the "genius" writing this stuff?
    There are millions of zero lines on the card, you won't fill it up in your lifetime. It has 14.2 GB of data on it before you ever use it.

If you take the time to read about each product individually, it ain't complicated.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    ^^^^THAT^^^^
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    can anyone confirm that a 787c2i would be able to read my zero lines card that I have charted using my helix?

Im interested in buying a cheap standalone 7 series unit purely for running navigation. If so how recent of an update would i need in order to get that unit to read the zero line's card with my helix charted data?

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Can YOU confirm if that unit will run a LakeMaster card?

I cannot, my friend sold my old one or I'd check it - but am pretty sure it won't read (might try HB C/S for grins).

If it would read a LM card....

You'd need AutoChart for PC, standard or deluxe - there are ACL (*.ACU) files and then there are LM compatible (*ACD) files that a number (Core) series can run, AC PC can convert the file formats back and forth - there's a lot to read about because it IS a powerful mapping program, you also have to learn HOW to manipulate your data.

The 1st post in the sticky has a ton of tutorials by Mike Insko:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=508722

Smart man, and I miss him here - he changed brands and doesn't stop in much - but he's shown about all you want to know to do the job and make you want to experiment more...

PLEASE Let us know if you can verify success or failure with a regular LM card!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

787c2i reads lakemaster cards just fine. I ran one for many years.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

14. Member
    I guess my question now is about how your charted information is interpreted on the Lakemaster 0 lines card.

I would guess that it is simply constantly overwriting data when you chart hence if you were to throw the chip in another unit that is lakemaster compatible you would see your charted routes.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    I guess my question now is about how your charted information is interpreted on the Lakemaster 0 lines card.

I would guess that it is simply constantly overwriting data when you chart hence if you were to throw the chip in another unit that is lakemaster compatible you would see your charted routes.
    Auto Chart Live mapping will only be read in units that have Auto Chart Live. If you convert that data to Auto Chart with Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro computer software, then the mapping can be read by any unit that reads Lakemaster mapping.

Auto Chart Live and Auto Chart are two different file types.

I have used the same Zero Line card for Auto Chart Live in a SOLIX, ONIX, Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS, and Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Auto Chart Live mapping will only be read in units that have Auto Chart Live. If you convert that data to Auto Chart with Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro computer software, then the mapping can be read by any unit that reads Lakemaster mapping.

Auto Chart Live and Auto Chart are two different file types.

I have used the same Zero Line card for Auto Chart Live in a SOLIX, ONIX, Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS, and Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2.
    Thank you for the clarification...I had hopes that I could purchase a low price 700 series unit and use it purely for navigation, but if it would require converting all of my autochart live data it isnt worth the additional cost. I would be better off purchasing another Base model Helix 5 unit.

Thanks for the info Wayne!

Thank you for the clarification...I had hopes that I could purchase a low price 700 series unit and use it purely for navigation, but if it would require converting all of my autochart live data it isnt worth the additional cost. I would be better off purchasing another Base model Helix 5 unit.

Thanks for the info Wayne!
    You would need a G2 Helix 5 to have Auto Chart Live
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Hi. I'm looking for Helix/Solix 10 Mega SI, want to create side imaging maps in future. How to open B004 file to watch? Humviewer can't do it.

Rickie from sideimagingsoft.com told me that Solix data record isn't possible to watch in Humviewer and Lakemaster Autochart Pro, Reefmaster shows it- I saw some screenshots on RM forum.
    Actually I need two/three different software to watch, edition and creating map from Solix sonar data. With Onix data is the same way?
    Last edited by MaciejK; 03-18-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Add informations

19. Member
    anyone know if HELIX 5 SONAR GPS | HELIX 5 Series | 409610-1

can read the zero lines card with autochart live data from a Helix 7 G2?
    Last edited by AKRISONER; 03-19-2018 at 01:22 PM.

anyone know if HELIX 5 SONAR GPS | HELIX 5 Series | 409610-1

can read the zero lines card with autocharted data from a Helix 7 G2?
    Auto Chart=yes. Auto Chart Live=No
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast