Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Did you import the SAMPLE data? If so, some people (me included) have had trouble after that. I forget what needed to be done...

2. Member
    I was with customer support for 2 hours today, finally found the cause of the issue. On my old PC I could download the install file from Humminbird and use the license file that I paid for on 2 PC's. However now the file provided is only an upgrade file, and I cannot find my original install disc (which I didn't need as I could download the install file from the Humminbird site). So by installing and then licensing the update it gives you 95% of the functionality except for the exporting to the Zero Line card... Humminbird won't provide the previous installer file that was online. So I'm hooped unless I can get a copy of the software and then license it with my paid key. Dang.

3. Member
    Guys using Autochart pro you can put a satellite image ( Google earth history) on your humminbird really cool check it out

4. Member
    Is there a chance to use older datas from a Lowrance unit in a Helix 12 si Gen2 with Autochart live (in Autochart Pro is this sure possible)?
    Lowance log files (with depth datas) exist in the *.sl3, *.sl2 or *.usr format. I can convert this in different formats, also in *.ht, csv etc.

5. Member
    I have two zero lines card. One has a AC, ACData, LKMaster and a profile file on it. The other only has no AC folder at all? Is this card hosed up now> I haven't even used this card, just put it in computer to look at it?

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I believe the AC folder is created if you use standard sonar logs with AC for PC and create mapping, AC Data contains the ACL files your unit creates and the LkMaster folder has all the zero lines.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Guys using Autochart pro you can put a satellite image ( Google earth history) on your humminbird really cool check it out
    Very cool! I followed your tutorial as well as this one:

I don't think I can display a Lakemaster background map on my 798CI HD SI (I'll find out in a week when I get the tarp off the boat)...but I am using the same method to update the shoreline to improve mapping accuracy.

I found my Autochart disc, installed it and the upgraded. Everything works as it should. However I have found that all my edits to .dat files are not saved... So all my old data needs to be cleaned up yet again. Hours and hours of work. Now I want to begin to share this file and I'm suspecting what I save won't actually update the .dat file so whoever I share it with will have to clean it up as well? I'm right clicking "Trace Data", opening the file to edit. Then I delete the bad data and hit save, and either x out the tab of the file I am editing or hitting the red "x" to close the tab. I then go back to the main map and go to "map", "re-center" and the bad data is gone. However if I load this .dat file onto another computer the bad data is still there. Why is that?

8. Member
    I read through most of these threads and still somewhat confused and need a little help with ACL.

I have a helix gen-1 12" purchased last fall and recently have been using ACL on a few of the small lakes I fish and love it but it runs out. I just received my ZLC to extend the recordings but I am now under the impression that these cards fill up fast. All I want to do is record contours on the 6 or so lakes I primarily fish on one ZLC. Is this possible or should I just buy an SD card with more memory?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffy1337 View Post
    I read through most of these threads and still somewhat confused and need a little help with ACL.

I have a helix gen-1 12" purchased last fall and recently have been using ACL on a few of the small lakes I fish and love it but it runs out. I just received my ZLC to extend the recordings but I am now under the impression that these cards fill up fast. All I want to do is record contours on the 6 or so lakes I primarily fish on one ZLC. Is this possible or should I just buy an SD card with more memory?

Thanks
    The ZLC has millions of shorelines, you won't fill it up.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    If I have any clue (35 years as a software designer), this is what I'd put on a ZLC when mapping:

A GPS position (maybe up to 20 digits) and a depth (maybe another 5 to 8 digits). People here have mentioned that the units record depth once per second. So you have 30 characters, plus some formatting, for each second. How many of those groups can you fit in 32 BILLION characters of storage on a 32 GB card (yeah, it's only something like 28,000,000 characters usable... :) )

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    As long as you are NOT recording sonar logs & just the ACL files, you'll be pushing daisies before it fills up!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

12. Member
    Thank you for the responses. Since I am new to ACL how do I know if I am recording sonar logs or ACL files?

thanks

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Sonar log recording is initiated/stopped thru the Snapshot and recording view tab.

ACL recording is initiated via the ACL menu.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

14. Member
    Thank you for the reply.

I was using ACL today and noticed it covers a wide area in 35 FOW. Should I change the beam width to narrow instead of wide or does it really matter?

Thanks again

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    No matter- the units uses the 200KHz beam, so it is what it is......

The only way to make your maps more accurate is multiple zig zag crossings over the same area at differing angles.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

16. Member
    Thank you for the reply.

I was using ACL today and noticed it covers a wide area in 35 FOW. Should I change the beam width to narrow instead of wide or does it really matter?

Thanks again
    From what I've read on here, the sonar takes a GPS position, and a straight-down from the xdcr depth, once per second. The beam width doesn't come into play, UNLESS you are alongside a cliff face, or boulder, or other object that reflects a strong signal, AND is closer than the bottom. (That fools the sonar into believing the bottom is closer than it really is.)

On a steep drop ....especially in deeper water ....the unit will detect the top and bottom of the drop at the same time and detect the top of the drop as the bottom.....going up and down the drop will give you more accurate reading than going parallel to the drop.....So you will get more accurate mapping by mapping at different angles as Robert (SWF1960) stated.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    Thanks for the responses.

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks again
    The map creation software makes a very wide line (fake lines) from the actual transducer depth recording. You have to blend them to get anything close to accurate contour mapping. The only accurate part of any contour lines created is what is directly below the transducer where the depth readout is created (strongest part of the pulse).

The about 200' wide dark area at the top in this screen shot is a single track using Navionics Sonar Charts Live. The dark area at the bottom is a lot of close blending of the contour mapping. The background contour map was created from sonar logs I uploaded to the Navionics Sonar Charts server.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Wayne,

Showing the computed output from a single pass is misleading. No one would do that in the real world. The software will interpolate between nearby data points taken while recording. It will also do some extrapolation beyond (outside) the paths taken.

Ideally, you would have data points every foot or couple feet, in a grid pattern. In actuality, we make as few passes as we can to get reasonable contours. In areas that have rapidly changing depths, we should cross-hatch over the area to get a more dense mapping of data points.

Here's a thread I started, showing results from close parallel paths: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=761779

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast