Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Last year I used AutoChart Live and a blank SD card to transfer my files and AutoChart Pro to convert them and it all worked perfectly. I have recently noticed people on Facebook claiming with the new units you don't need AutoChart PC because the program is built right into the unit. They are saying that you can map directly to the ZLC without needing to convert the files. That just doesn't sound right to me but I thought I would ask here. Aren't the raw files that ACL is putting onto the ZLC the wrong files for making a ZLC map? Would mapping directly to your ZLC without converting and condensing the files use up the ZLC's space a lot faster?

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    ACL and AC for PC files are both very small and can be converted to & fro with the AC PC software.

The "Sonar Record" logs you can save to a blank SD Card are much, much larger.

They are .ACU and .ACD format and the .ACU (ACL) files are actually smaller than an .ACU file (AC PC).

We'll be dead or the card will fail LONG before ACL files will fill it up, that's how tiny they are.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    I have 2 1199's and a Helix 9 DI. What will I need to create my own maps? I have downloaded the Hummingbird PC software. I used the autochart feature on the Helix 9 unit. I have logged 8hrs worth of data. What will I need to do to convert this data to be used on all 3 units. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wappkid View Post
    I have 2 1199's and a Helix 9 DI. What will I need to create my own maps? I have downloaded the Hummingbird PC software. I used the autochart feature on the Helix 9 unit. I have logged 8hrs worth of data. What will I need to do to convert this data to be used on all 3 units. Thanks
    The Helix does Auto Chart Live. Only units that have Auto Chart Live can use that data, your 1199's do not.

You would need a computer software to convert Live to Auto Chart. The choices are Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro.
    After you convert the data, then you need a total of three Zero Line cards (one for each unit). The computer software comes with a Zero Line card.

To get the data off the Helix, you put a Zero Line card it the unit and choose to transfer the data to the card. Then you process that data with the computer software and load Auto Chart to the card. Copy the data to the other two cards.

HumminbirdPC is not involved with that process in any way. That is waypoint management software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I am in a little over my head. So on the 1199's I would have to seperatly map on those to use with those 2 unit's

Thanks Wayne. I am in a little over my head. So on the 1199's I would have to seperatly map on those to use with those 2 unit's
    No, you can use the same data, but it has to be converted to Auto Chart with the computer software.
    You would have to use the computer software to convert 1199's RECORDings to Auto Chart to have the contour maps.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Thanks Wayne. So I will need the autochart pro and 3 of the zeroline cards? Then I can use the Hummingbird PC to map more waypoints?

Thanks Wayne. So I will need the autochart pro and 3 of the zeroline cards? Then I can use the Hummingbird PC to map more waypoints?
    No, HumminbirdPC has nothing to do with mapping. It is for waypoint management. Waypoints are not part of any mapping, they are GPS data. Map data is not GPS data.

To have three copies you need three Zero Line cards. One comes with Auto Chart and Auto Chart Pro--they are two different versions of the computer mapping software. Just need to purchase two more Zero Line cards separately.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    The 1st post has pdf tutorials on how to do all of that and Mike Insko aka camohunter did a fantastic job of them.
    Lots to read and learn and rumor has it he's selling off his other stuff and coming back to the Humminbird Nation!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, HumminbirdPC has nothing to do with mapping. It is for waypoint management. Waypoints are not part of any mapping, they are GPS data. Map data is not GPS data.

To have three copies you need three Zero Line cards. One comes with Auto Chart and Auto Chart Pro--they are two different versions of the computer mapping software. Just need to purchase two more Zero Line cards separately.
    Thanks Wayne. Sounds like im going to be doing everything but fishing. I will get it figured out. Msy take some time. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    The 1st post has pdf tutorials on how to do all of that and Mike Insko aka camohunter did a fantastic job of them.
    Lots to read and learn and rumor has it he's selling off his other stuff and coming back to the Humminbird Nation!
    I would be good to see that happen ... he was a good resource when he was here.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    I would be good to see that happen ... he was a good resource when he was here.
    He sent me a PM the other day - Mike's a good guy & it'll be great to have him back in the circle Bob for sure.

Kudos Mike!

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. Member
    Indeed, I'm back boys!

Doing some learning on my own right now with the new features using AutoChart Live, and how to best manage that data. I should be back up and running very soon. You guys probably know it better than I do now!

14. Member
    Thanks Wayne. Sounds like im going to be doing everything but fishing. I will get it figured out. Msy take some time. Thanks again.
    Wappkid, just prepare yourself now. There is a STEEP learning curve with the Autochart software on the computer. The software is NOT very user friendly, and will take some dedicated learning time to pick up on it. If you're not willing to take that step, then your best bet is saving humminbird sonar logs and uploading them to Navionics SonarCharts, and then downloading the processed map after it is processed. There is some delay in that process though.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    Indeed, I'm back boys!

Doing some learning on my own right now with the new features using AutoChart Live, and how to best manage that data. I should be back up and running very soon. You guys probably know it better than I do now!
    Welcome Back

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

16. Member
    Indeed, I'm back boys!

Maybe there should be a sticky thread just for Live. Reading through the 47 pages here and trying to filter out the stuff for Live has been very confusing for me. It really is a very different product than the programs and there seems to be a lot of posts here and in the ‘Bird Sonar forum where answers get mixed up between the three products. I run only ACL and have been trying a few things to back up my files without doubling them up and to share files without having multiple files with the same name and different data. So far it has been cumbersome but effective, I think. Still have lots of questions about settings for bottom type, best practices for mapping areas, interpretation of maps, use of depth colors... and I don’t think I’ve gotten very deep into its full capabilities. Just a thought for the mods.

17. Member
    Ok, so I have some questions regarding Autochart Zero Lines Map Card - North America

I took a new clean formatted 32gb sd card and encrypted it in my Helix 10. Next I downloaded the Humminbird Chartselect software and installed it. When I run the software I logged in and my Autochart Zero Lines Map Card - North America was present. I select my unit and encrypted sd card location and the map file. Download highlights so I click download. The card completes successfully and I put it in the unit (left slot) and power up. The system recognizes the autochart card. Now for the questions.

1. Am I supposed to be able to select the map with this card? The sd card is not present under the menu.
    2. There is a lake master folder on the card, how do I use these maps or select them?
    3. Are additional features supposed to enable?
    4. What is the overall use of these zero lines cards if I have no maps?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.prestine View Post
    Ok, so I have some questions regarding Autochart Zero Lines Map Card - North America

I took a new clean formatted 32gb sd card and encrypted it in my Helix 10. Next I downloaded the Humminbird Chartselect software and installed it. When I run the software I logged in and my Autochart Zero Lines Map Card - North America was present. I select my unit and encrypted sd card location and the map file. Download highlights so I click download. The card completes successfully and I put it in the unit (left slot) and power up. The system recognizes the autochart card. Now for the questions.

1. Am I supposed to be able to select the map with this card? The sd card is not present under the menu.
    2. There is a lake master folder on the card, how do I use these maps or select them?
    3. Are additional features supposed to enable?
    4. What is the overall use of these zero lines cards if I have no maps?

Matt
    I tried to post a detailed description of the process and got the SERVER ERROR again.

In short, your Zero Line card is not involved with the purchase of a Chart Select map and you don't see your card when you are logged in. You see the website's map. ONLY a blank Encrypted memory card is used to purchase and download whichever location you purchased.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 05-16-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I tried to post a detailed description of the process and got the SERVER ERROR again.

In short, your Zero Line card is not involved with the purchase of a Chart Select map and you don't see your card when you are logged in. You see the website's map. ONLY a blank Encrypted memory card is used to purchase and download whichever location you purchased.
    Additionally a Zero Line card is for Auto Chart and Auto Chart Live map data.
    Chart Select is Lakemaster map data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Indeed, I'm back boys!

It's official!

Good to see you back Mike!

ACL is gravy - if you know AC PC like WE KNOW you do - ACL should be a cake walk.... with sprinkles!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast