Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    It's a real nuisance .... cut and paste seems to be one of the things that causes it.
    The first time was not a cut and pasted. Subsequent ones were. Interesting.

2. Member

Cannot Update LakeMaster Content

Trying an attachment. Can't get a post of any length past the server.ake text.txt

BBC had a major server crash some time back and the server errors have been a plague ever since. I brought the issues up to AL a long time ago, but not recently....maybe send him a PM letting him know about your issue.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    BBC had a major server crash some time back and the server errors have been a plague ever since. I brought the issues up to AL a long time ago, but not recently....maybe send him a PM letting him know about your issue.
    Paragraphs with space between them will also cause it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Paragraph spaces were probably the issue then.
    Thanks

6. Member

Cannot Update LakeMaster Content

Sorry all for the confusion on my post. I tried typing again, but still got the server error. The text attachment does appear to work. Frustrated at why something that used to work no longer does, the LakeMaster Update.
    Help appreciated. Thank you
    ake text.txt
    Last edited by Wxman; 07-24-2017 at 08:21 PM.

7. Member
    Does anyone take a lap top with them so they can transfer recroding to sd card and use in the bird unit witout waiting to go back home ?

8. Member
    After many hours of troubleshooting this is fixed. It of course was user error. At some point while I was reorganizing files on the HDD I added a folder layer that messed up where my local copy of the Autochart Regional map was located (didn't agree with what was in the settings.) I didn't notice for quite a while because it was an added lakemaster folder level and with all the truncating on long names it kept looking correct to me. Once I got the setting in Autochart Pro to actually point to the correct folder, the map cleared up and the Update Lakemaster Content option was restored.
    Happy Fishing

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    1. Like has been stated, you have to have the PC program to adjust the shoreline. The only way to take care of the false ridge is to scan the whole area with ACL so the map updates.

2. Under the AutoChart Live Menu, turn on Show Raw Data. You will notice the chart change and you will see your tracks with colored readings. Go along the tracked area you want to delete, put the cursor over the track, go to the ACL Menu, and go to Delete. If you have a long track, this can take a LONG time to do.
    Thanks for the tips

11. Member
    Apologies if this has already come up, 42 pages is an overwhelming read.

What I have:

Gen 1 helix 10 SI GPS
    Gen 1 helix 10 DI GPS
    Thru-hull 2d xdcr

The SI is at the console, and what I would like to use to record tracks.

Both units have navionics platinum cards in them, as well as zero lines cards. I have autochart pro. I also have 2 more blank, formatted 32GB SD cards.

What I would like to do is to record my own data (record raw output? Record ACL?), render the maps using autochart pro, and then overlay my maps on top of the navionics maps (use them as a base layer, with my maps having 0% transparency - meaning that if I have data, my data is shown, and if I don't, then the navionics data is shown).

Is this possible? I'd like my maps to show bottom hardness (and maybe vegetation?).

Both units have current software and current base maps on them, and they are linked via ethernet.

What should I record, and should I record it on the ZL cards or the blank cards? If I have to record it on the blank cards, then I won't be able to use my maps overlaid onto navionics since the units only have 2 SD card slots.. That is less than ideal. I understand that in order to see my maps, they have to be on the zero lines card (though I have never done any of this before, I've read a bit). How do I (or can I) set the transparency like I want?

Thanks!
    Last edited by exx1976; 08-28-2017 at 06:50 PM.

12. Member
    hi all.
    please could somebody assist with this. i was running ACL i was in over 50ft water and acl was recording it as under 10ft. please see pic.

i would also like to know if anybody else has picked up an issue with the SI freezing when trying to record?
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I would edit your waypoints and remove any spaces and special characters - I had problems with my Helix units after a smart man here told me about using simple names and my units run much better now.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post

What I have:

Gen 1 helix 10 SI GPS
    Gen 1 helix 10 DI GPS
    Thru-hull 2d xdcr

Both units have navionics platinum cards in them, as well as zero lines cards. I have autochart pro. I also have 2 more blank, formatted 32GB SD cards.

What I would like to do is to record my own data (record raw output? Record ACL?), render the maps using autochart pro, and then overlay my maps on top of the navionics maps (use them as a base layer, with my maps having 0% transparency - meaning that if I have data, my data is shown, and if I don't, then the navionics data is shown).

Is this possible? I'd like my maps to show bottom hardness (and maybe vegetation?).

Both units have current software and current base maps on them, and they are linked via ethernet.

What should I record, and should I record it on the ZL cards or the blank cards? If I have to record it on the blank cards, then I won't be able to use my maps overlaid onto navionics since the units only have 2 SD card slots.. That is less than ideal. I understand that in order to see my maps, they have to be on the zero lines card (though I have never done any of this before, I've read a bit). How do I (or can I) set the transparency like I want?

Thanks!

Bueller... Bueller...

Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post

What I have:

Gen 1 helix 10 SI GPS
    Gen 1 helix 10 DI GPS
    Thru-hull 2d xdcr

I did something similar to recently on my Helix G2N Mega but was using a satellite image overlay as the base layer with autochart live data that had been converted to a lakemaster file as an overlay. Worked great both before and after converting the autochart live data. For the satellite overlay imaging to work there needs to be a real lakemaster chip in the unit so I have not done it overlaying navionics.

You want to record the data using autochart live straight to the ZLC, then use autochart pro to convert to lakemaster files which will also live on the ZLC card. You should be able to choose your base layer and your overlay layer and set the transparency level. There's no need for the extra SD cards you mention.

Once you have the lakemaster files on your initial ZLC I think you can copy that folder over to your 2nd ZLC. I have not done that though. The "Managing your AutoChart Files" topic in the autochart pro help file goes over which folder this is.
    I haven't tried using bottom hardness or the vegetation options.

Heres a couple samples with different transparency settings. I had not converted to lakemaster files yet at this point so it's straight autochart live.

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

Thumbs Up

Well said & good job Fins, I HAVE copied ACL data from card to card; one folder to another and rename any files that might have the same file name - but it works great with ACL files, IDK why the old school logs wouldn't convert up nice & clean either.

What little I did do on my Core units once run thru AC PC - any HB that reads a LM card, read that data.

You used to have to (or still can if you want) name & rename folders to mix stuff up, but the newer unit software lets you filter layers and that is good stuff.

Having AC for PC is very important to edit your own stuff IMO.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

17. Member
    Yes, I'm aware that autochart live will overlay the navionics stuff, I've done that. What I'm less certain about is if the maps generated by autochart pro can overlay navionics.

Also, if I record the autochart live data, instead of the raw sonar logs, will that allow me to do side imaging mosaics with autochart pro? I thought at one point in my research I had read that using ACL data limited you in some fashion, but I'll be damned if I can recall what that was or where I read it. Any ideas?

I just tested that and it does not work with my Navionics Hotmap Premium Canada chip. There are no overlay options available and I can't find a way to view the autochart live/lakemaster data with Navionics inserted. Once I pop Navionics out leaving just my ZLC, I have all sorts of options to use my satellite imaging or my acl/lakemaster map as the base and the other as the overlay. It also works with a real Lakemaster chip inserted.

19. Member
    If you only have the ZLC card inserted, where is the satellite imaging coming from for the base layer?

20. Member
    I have Onix 10 Si at console, Onix 10 Ci at bow. I keep Navionics card and AC Pro ZLC in console unit at all times. I chose Navionics as base map at all times. I start ACL and record to the ZLC every time I put the trolling motor in or am idling around an area. The ACL automatically overlays the Navionics card. You can choose at anytime which overlay layer ( normal, bottom hardness, vegetation ) you wish to view at anytime in the ACL menu. The Navionics stays as the base map underneath at all times. When I start off at the boat launch I am seeing the Navionics chart. When I get to an area that I have fished before, recorded in ACL, I automatically see the overlays whether I have ACL on or not. Others can help with transferring data from your one ZLC to a second card using the ACPro in your PC. I personally can't stand the program, to complicated for me, and just move the two cards when going up front.

Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast