Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1202
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    The map just gets more accurate with more data points.
    I've got my lake done. If i keep on recording over previous paths, will the contours get better?

Quote Originally Posted by pluscoount View Post
    I've got my lake done. If i keep on recording over previous paths, will the contours get better?
    Yes, since you probably did not pass over every square foot of terrain and interpolation filled in between the actual depth/GPS locations. Recording in different directions improves the contours also like parallel and perpendicular to shore.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I've done a lot of AutoChart Live recording and definitely agree with Wayne... More is definitely better. Many times I make multiple parallel paths down a shoreline, being sure they slightly overlap. When I do this, I get what I will call "compressed" contour lines between the two runs. Sometimes, I will come back and make another run between the two previous ones in order to get more accurate contours... Especially if it is at a depth I typically troll. If you have the luxury of making additional runs at 90 degrees to one another, that will also improve the accuracy.

I'm getting close to completing a complete charting of the 10,000 acre lake I fish. I've attached a screen capture of the upriver half of the lake from the uploads I have done to the Humminbird AutoChart LiveShare site. I mostly care about the shorelines as well as the shallows/shelfs since the center part of the lake and coves are deep (up to 150') so I don't need to capture that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Is there any way (other than a screen grab) to create a contour map that I can print?

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Is there any way (other than a screen grab) to create a contour map that I can print?
    If you are talking about the Humminbird AutoChart LiveShare site, I'm not aware of another way.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

The only way I know is screen grabs from a Helix or Solix unit and then either printing the individual images and using scissors and tape to put the puzzle together, or, stitching the images together using software to make a single image. My buddy did the first option on a sizeable lake. It was probably 20 images taped together. Kinda cool to unroll that on a table, but rather tedious to put it together.

7. Member
    When I started using Autochart, I imported basically a single pass along one section of shoreline, more or less paralleling it, with data from a sonar recording (not using Autochart Live) and AC interpolated quite a bit of contour from that one pass.

Recently, I did a much more thorough job using ACLive on the head unit over the same area, using a crossing grid pattern and feel I got much better data than my original pass since I went along the contours with a few passes and across them in a number of areas as well.

I'm wondering if I would be better served eliminating the original recording from the index and just using the ACLive data? The contours created by the 2 different methods differ quite a bit; you can see how much different if I use the AC files as the active map with the ACL files visible as well.

I've read where every data point helps with the accuracy but wonder about the visual conflict between the 2 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowboater View Post
    When I started using Autochart, I imported basically a single pass along one section of shoreline, more or less paralleling it, with data from a sonar recording (not using Autochart Live) and AC interpolated quite a bit of contour from that one pass.

Recently, I did a much more thorough job using ACLive on the head unit over the same area, using a crossing grid pattern and feel I got much better data than my original pass since I went along the contours with a few passes and across them in a number of areas as well.

I'm wondering if I would be better served eliminating the original recording from the index and just using the ACLive data? The contours created by the 2 different methods differ quite a bit; you can see how much different if I use the AC files as the active map with the ACL files visible as well.

I've read where every data point helps with the accuracy but wonder about the visual conflict between the 2 versions.
    Blend all your data for a more accurate map. It's all the interpolation (fake data) you want to minimize by doing multiple passes.
    The ONLY accurate data is the depth below the sonar transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Blend all your data for a more accurate map. It's all the interpolation (fake data) you want to minimize by doing multiple passes.
    The ONLY accurate data is the depth below the sonar transducer.
    Very, very well said Master Wayne.
    If it ain't broke...
    I just don't understand why people keep wanting to create bad mapping by messing with it.

Today's word is "interpolation" - tomorrow's will be the same, next week too - just read a few posts above.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    I'm back to LACPro and have problem. Since reinstaling LAC on new PC with Win10, I have'nt world map after start this program. Just white display. I know, that it's problem with correct path in Lkmaster settings. Found this file in computer and add this path. Still nothing - white display.
    Since reinstalation I solved problem with inactive update button- use local copy LkMaster and button is working.
    Any advice?

11. Member
    good evening

I encrypted a zero lines card for a 10 g3n helix ..... I sold this device and bought a 12 g3n helix.

what do i have to do to use the encrypted zero line card on my helix 10 to use it on my new helix 12?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cdcslot View Post
    good evening

I encrypted a zero lines card for a 10 g3n helix ..... I sold this device and bought a 12 g3n helix.

what do i have to do to use the encrypted zero line card on my helix 10 to use it on my new helix 12?

thank you
    Don't need to do anything.

Nothing is different between the two units. Same stuff works on both equally.

The only thing different is the display size.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    With ice fishing season approaching, I'm planning on using my G3 Helix 7 with the ZLC maps to get me to the spots I've located over the open water season. I may like to make some recordings of the jigging and catching action and wonder if I'm taking a chance on corrupting the ZLC by recording to it rather than to a different micro SD card. I could delete off the recordings once I get home so they don't build up too much on the card. I wish the H7 had dual slots but.......

Other option is to get to the spots, then take out the ZLC and put in a different card for the recordings. I'd have to reverse the process to get back to my maps when I change spots. Fussing with that hard rubber plug and the small card numerous times in the cold with less than nimble fingers hampered by the winter cold does not appeal to me however. I also don't know if they will have to be a restart process each time I change out the cards.

14. Member
    New question here:

I just bought a 2021 Tracker Classic and am replacing the supplied very basic Lowrance unit with a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N. I have read and watched many of Doug's informative articles/videos but have not seen this item addressed anywhere: AutoChart Pro is listed as Windows only. I run Linux Mint on my computer, with the WINE Windows Compatibility "translator" that allows me to run many - but not all! - Windows programs in Linux. The WINE webpage has no reference to AC Pro in its list of runnable programs. The H'Bird staff only tells me "We don't recommend trying that.".

Does anyone here run AC Pro (or other H'Bird software) on a Linux system using Wine? Thanks in advance.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Wine won't work.
    I run several Linux versions including Mint.
    Best to Dual boot and get any copy of win cheap.
    GL
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Wine won't work.
    I run several Linux versions including Mint.
    Best to Dual boot and get any copy of win cheap.
    GL
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I've got a brand new OEM copy of 7 just waiting to be used in a VM LOL!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Member
    Thanks. I was afraid of that.

So...is the alternative just to buy a Zero Line card and use that in the Helix rather than getting ACPro? As I understand it, the ZL will hold 100 hours of Auto Chart recording. After that, what?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaab View Post
    Thanks. I was afraid of that.

So...is the alternative just to buy a Zero Line card and use that in the Helix rather than getting ACPro? As I understand it, the ZL will hold 100 hours of Auto Chart recording. After that, what?
    The zero line card should last your lifetime. It has millions of zero lines (shorelines).
    The unit's memory will hold 8 hours of ACL.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Forgive me for being so new to this. The ZL card does not record Auto Chart data? To go beyond the internal 8 hours, do I need the AC Pro card? A non-H'Bird SD card can't be used?

I'm happy with just having whatever is in the Helix unit, as long as there's enough memory to hold more than minimal data. I don't know what benefit it gives me to go back and forth from computer to Helix with the data. But if I have to dual boot a laptop or have it running Windows just for this application (gag) I could do that.

You've all been very kind. Thanks again.

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast