Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1202
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Thanks. I assumed that was the case but it was worth asking this group.
    No problem. If it was a small lake, there are probably some roundabout ways to manually take screenshots and draw the lines in AutoChart or Google Earth, but not feasible on a larger lake. And even time consuming on for a small lake.

2. Member
    I've got a couple of questions about the zlc cards. To preface, I have 2 solixes..1 at bow and 1 at console. They each have their own as gps hs puck and utilize the gps for each unit (gps at bow transducer and gps at stern transducer). I do not have ac or ac pro software and realize the cards will only provide overlay. Can I acl from the bow and console at the same time? (I have 2 zlc cards) or do I need to turn off 2d pinging at the console when I start fishing from the bow and turn on its acl and start recording from the bow? Also. when I insert the zlc card in a unit it copies the internal data to it. Does it clear the internal memory when it does that? or does it have to record 8 hours worth before it will completely remove it from memory? If it does clear the memory, then I have to put the zlc card back in to see the overlay? (I may have answered my own question there) Anyways, I don't like to record with the zlc in it to save a spot for a data card for sonar recordings.

3. Member
    Hello,
    I am needing some help on an issue I am having with Auto Chart Live and Zero Lines Card

I recently purchased a Helix 7, G3.

I had a Zero Lines card that had come with Auto Chart PC.

The Helix recognizes the ZL card and says it will save AC Live data to there. The problem is it will not display on unit. It shows while I'm mapping live on the water, but the next day it is not there. When I go home to look at the map, the data is not there either.
    I've made sure Auto Chart is visible on unit.
    I've tried inserted card after unit is on.

I'm wondering if card is not capable of showing AC live data? It looks just like any other ZL card.

Do you stop recording Auto Chart Live before you turn the unit off?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    I did that today to see if that was the problem. When I got home, and looked at map I could see my track lines but no mapping data. I tried full screen mode and popping card in and out. I zoomed into the 100' scale. Still nothing.

I'm very familiar with Humminbird units - been running them for 12 years. This is the first AC Live unit that I have used. I've used the Auto Chart PC a bunch in the past 3 years or so.
    I have Lake Master maps via AC PC on the Zero Lines card.

Could that card be formatted in a way that won't save or read the AC Live data?

6. Member
    Looked at the files on the Zero Lines card. I don't see any recent data in the AC folder so it looks to me like it is not saving to the card. However, I get the prompt whenever I insert the card that tells me a Zero Lines card is in there and it will now save AC data to the card instead of internal memory.

AC snapshot.png

7. Member
    I believe there is supposed to be an "AC Data" file generated from AC Live??

Quote Originally Posted by DR Bass View Post
    I believe there is supposed to be an "AC Data" file generated from AC Live??
    Yes

I don't use Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro. I do share my data using Auto Chart LiveShare via Chart Select.
    The file names on my card are
    ACDATA
    ACSOCIAL
    LkMaster

The PROFILE folder is what the unit puts on an unlocked memory card and has nothing to do with the data on the card.

I see you also have a RECORD folder, I suggest your copy that to another memory device (memory card, USB drive, computer file, etc.) if you want to keep that data and then delete it from the card. Do your RECORD data to a card other than the Zero Line card. I have several hundred RECORD files from doing Navionics Sonar Charts and I keep those on USB thumb drives.

Check the Properties of the card when in your computer to see how much memory space is used, that may give you an indication of why you don't get the ACDATA folder and saved Auto Chart Live data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    I guess I'm just gonna have to get another ZL card.
    Record folder only had one file in it.
    14 GB of 32 used on the card and all of it in the "Lakemaster" folder.

Made sure I shut off AC Live before shutting down unit today. No card so I was saving to unit.

Came home and mapping shows up just fine. Insert my card. Mapping data still showing.

Shut down unit and then power back on with card still in place.

No map data. Not on the card and not stored internally.

Quote Originally Posted by DR Bass View Post
    I guess I'm just gonna have to get another ZL card.
    Record folder only had one file in it.
    14 GB of 32 used on the card and all of it in the "Lakemaster" folder.

Made sure I shut off AC Live before shutting down unit today. No card so I was saving to unit.

Came home and mapping shows up just fine. Insert my card. Mapping data still showing.

Shut down unit and then power back on with card still in place.

No map data. Not on the card and not stored internally.
    The unit automatically transfers the data the Zero Line card when inserted and puts it in the ACDATA folder. Did not look originally to see if the card comes with the ACDATA folder already with no data in it. I have used the same card in at least 8 units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Anyone have any issues with the auto chart live not saving?

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rholiday884 View Post
    I use it all the time to make contour recordings and have never had an issue with it saving to my ZeroLines card on my Solix 15 SI+.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rholiday884 View Post
    No
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I lost Live data once, when the head lost power while recording. I've never tried powering the unit down without turning off record first and that may do it, too. Are you sure you aren't going low voltage when the engine starts?

I now turn recording off routinely during the day to make sure my data is saved. It's paranoid but that one time was very disappointing.

I've tested saving data when powering down without turning off live. It's saved it regardless of whether or not I turn it off first. Helix 10 G2N.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    I've tested saving data when powering down without turning off live. It's saved it regardless of whether or not I turn it off first. Helix 10 G2N.
    That's interesting ... the unit must do it as part of the shutdown processes when shut off with the power switch.

If the unit gets a low power glitch or is shut off via an external switch, however, a clean shutdown would no be done.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

17. Member
    My new Helix 9 "restarts" when I have my zero lines card in that I have used in my Helix 7 and that I played around with in Autochart Pro. I remember reading that this can be an issue with some Autochart Pro files I placed on the ZLC. Forgive me. I know the answer is likely out there...but I cannot find it easily. I have the LakeView Training for Autochart Pro, but I don't think it speaks on how to fix the problem when it is occurring.

I am heading out at 4am for a week long trip. It's a long shot, but does anyone know what folder or files I can remove from the ZLC to make it usable again? I have all my files backed up so I am not worried about losing a LakeMaster map I made on Autochart Pro.

18. Member
    So I've been charting using my 1st gen. Helix 10 using Autochart Live and some older sonar logs, imported in to the Autochart program and converted back out on to my ZLC. The ZLC is accumulating files quickly. The icon on the Autochart files makes me think these are the converted files that my head unit is reading while the other files are the actual on the water recordings.

AC data file screenshot.jpg
    If I wanted to tidy this file structure up, what files have to stay in the ACData folder and what can be archived somewhere on my PC and still have the card work correctly? Do we need to tidy the file structure up or should I not worry about the files accumulating? I know I have basically unlimited space on it but wonder how long before I get hopelessly confused about things?

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother.
    It's tough/tedious to delete stuff without AutoChart PC or AC Pro.
    The map just gets more accurate with more data points.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

20. Member
    I have the Autochart software on my PC, not the pro version but the basic version. That's how I imported the older sonar logs to output to the ZLC.

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast