Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1202
    Quote Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
    The accuracy of the ACLive map improves quite a bit as you make multiple passes and criss cross your previous passes, I assume Pro is the same way. I don't do that for the whole lake, just on significant features like points, humps and creek beds. I do keep mapping on anytime I'm moving at a reasonable speed, which builds my general map and adds a lot of detail to the spots I fish a lot without any special effort. I can quickly review one pass areas and go back to get more detail on anything interesting like an unknown structure or change in bottom composition. I'll also drop a waypoint while cruising to help me remember to check out a particular spot. The spots I fish a lot get so much detail in a single season that I really don't have to add any more.
    I do the same, get the best detail for particular locations like points, humps, steep drops, etc.

This particular body of water, I just did a submerged pond dam. I had already done most of the lake with Navionics Sonar Charts.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Hi guys, I trying to help my frend with AC live, but I have Helix5 1 gen.
    I've a question about transfering shoreline data to AC live. Is it possible? I saw camohunter tutorial about creation shoere line from Google Earth, done this .kml file and import it to AC.
    All what I need is save as ACI? What should I do when maximum mapping area in AC is smaller than lake?
    Thanks in advance.

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
    The accuracy of the ACLive map improves quite a bit as you make multiple passes and criss cross your previous passes, I assume Pro is the same way. I don't do that for the whole lake, just on significant features like points, humps and creek beds. I do keep mapping on anytime I'm moving at a reasonable speed, which builds my general map and adds a lot of detail to the spots I fish a lot without any special effort. I can quickly review one pass areas and go back to get more detail on anything interesting like an unknown structure or change in bottom composition. I'll also drop a waypoint while cruising to help me remember to check out a particular spot. The spots I fish a lot get so much detail in a single season that I really don't have to add any more.
    If you read thru Mike's tutorial you will see you save as a .KML file, import that to AC PC and save it as an .ACD (AC PC) or .ACU (ACL) file.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    The shore and shore lines on my updated Onix don't match up.
    Is there anything I need to do before I start mapping a small lake with ACL?

Quote Originally Posted by bick11 View Post
    The shore and shore lines on my updated Onix don't match up.
    Is there anything I need to do before I start mapping a small lake with ACL?
    Read this thread:

www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=922487
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    The background is the default Onix map from the last update and the internal Onix GPS unit is located above the transducer on the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by bick11 View Post
    The background is the default Onix map from the last update and the internal Onix GPS unit is located above the transducer on the bow.
    I use a single Zero Line Card in my Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2, SOLIX SI, ONIX SI, or Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS. I either do ACL directly to the card or do it in the unit's memory and then transfer the data to the card.
    It works the same way in all the units---loading data or reading data.

For one body of water, I also upload either the ZLC data files or upload a Track to the Auto Chart LiveShare program and then download the data back to the ZLC. The Shared program will do the contour map creation using recorded Tracks.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Thanks, I appreciate your response.

9. Member
    Have a Helix 10SI Mega and recording AC Live.

There are times where my depth reading goes from 6 ft to 20+ feet and it really screws up the AC Live data when it happens.

It makes it look like there is a huge drop off when there is none.

Others have this issue? Perhaps discussed before? I dont have the time to surf through all the pages.

Thanks for tips/guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Have a Helix 10SI Mega and recording AC Live.

There are times where my depth reading goes from 6 ft to 20+ feet and it really screws up the AC Live data when it happens.

It makes it look like there is a huge drop off when there is none.

Others have this issue? Perhaps discussed before? I dont have the time to surf through all the pages.

Thanks for tips/guidance.
    Yes it’s been stated quite often.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes it’s been stated quite often.
    Thanks Wayne...is there a conclusion or fix? Or its still an open issue.

Still pretty much an open issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    I have this issue with some new units as well. I called Humminbird after seeing all of the different suggestions all over the internet. They stated to go to the sonar settings tab and switch "Digital Depth Source" to auto. Not sure if that helps much since I haven't been on the water a lot to test it out. They also said there would be a future update to fix this issue.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless69 View Post
    I have this issue with some new units as well. I called Humminbird after seeing all of the different suggestions all over the internet. They stated to go to the sonar settings tab and switch "Digital Depth Source" to auto. Not sure if that helps much since I haven't been on the water a lot to test it out. They also said there would be a future update to fix this issue.
    It doesn't help. Mine still does it with source auto.

If they don't release a fix for this soon, I'm going to pack this shit up and FedEx it to them along with a letter from my lawyer. Junk.

15. Member
    Just getting started with Autochart. Very promising feature, but the digital depth issues are a real problem. Kind of hard to focus on advanced features when HB can't seem to make the basics work but I'll try to line item my questions:

Solix 12 SI with Y cable separate 2d, external GPS/HS Issues= Double depth in shallow (sens 6 clutter 7) and Crazy Ivan when trying Follow contour on Lakemaster Graph housing also gets HOT!

1) I have the issue where at some point below 10-12' it starts to show double depth Has reducing sensitivity and increasing clutter helped? Like drop sens way down or is this just affecting the double bottom part?

2) I'm on a reservoir with fluctuating water levels. I understand how to use the water level offset and the daily level data is available. First time out I was -4' but now will be -1 likely. Is the AC system smart enough to take care of this automatically so long as I change in the settings?

3) How bad does rocking boat in wake affect the mapping? Just keep going?

4) I'm intrigued by the pro software. I've seen areas that have a lot of submerged wood. I'm thinking a DI mosaic would be nice to have so I can locate easily. Also for ice fishing. Is this feature as neat as it seems and can it display the depth lines over the mosaic?
    Last edited by Diesel Pro; 09-05-2018 at 10:05 AM.

16. Member
    My setup is as follows:
    Fishfinder:
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega Chirp SI G2N
    Sofware Version: 1.840 (Latest)
    Trolling Motor:
    Minn Kota iPilot – Link
    Controller Software Version: 1.240
    Remote Software Version: 1.170
    Software:
    Auochart Pro Version 2.3 (Latest)
    Includes Africa Zero Lines SD card. ( I live in South Africa)

I purchased this mainly because I was impressed with the follow the contour and follow vegetation features. The control part of that actually works well on my boat. Very happy and impressed with the control aspect of the setup.

There ae a few problems though. I have found ways to work around or cope with most of them. But I think they can be improved upon.

When I create maps on my Autochart Pro software

The maps I get are pretty good. The vegetation shows up where it is in reality. I know this as I have extensive experience of the water where I did the mapping. Very happy with the maps I create. So far so good…

When I display the maps on the control head:

Couple of issues here.

THE MAP SOURCE

When I got to Map Source on the Control head, I get the following options:

1. Auto

2. Contour XD

My Zero Lines SD card is not a contour XD card? (This is confusing)

Obviously if I try to use Contour XD, my mapping does not work. When I put it on Auto, my custom maps can be shown using “Autochart” as either a base layer or overlay.

So, although I can use my custom maps by selecting “Auto” as a map source, why does “Contour XD” show up as an option if it is of no use? And why is there no explicit option to use my custom maps? Or why does the Africa Zero Lines Base Map not show up as an option? I am very confused here. Oh well at least I still get the charting to work in spite of the confusion.

THE VEGETATION LAYER

This is what the vegetation layer looks like on my PC after creating a map with Autochart Pro:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img921/6686/qzANyz.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the control head:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2391/OaWTfc.jpg

Vast difference.

I tried adjusting the Vegetation Layer Options. No joy. The Min and Max vegetation settings are just scale related. It only sets the “sensitivity”. It does not correct the position, which seems to be the problem here? Changing the Gain Offset does nothing at all. That is also confusing. Should it not have some effect.

I am very surprised that the vegetation looks absolutely perfect on my PC, but utterly screwed up on my fishfinder.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicus Horn View Post
    My setup is as follows:
    Fishfinder:
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega Chirp SI G2N
    Sofware Version: 1.840 (Latest)
    Trolling Motor:
    Minn Kota iPilot – Link
    Controller Software Version: 1.240
    Remote Software Version: 1.170
    Software:
    Auochart Pro Version 2.3 (Latest)
    Includes Africa Zero Lines SD card. ( I live in South Africa)

I purchased this mainly because I was impressed with the follow the contour and follow vegetation features. The control part of that actually works well on my boat. Very happy and impressed with the control aspect of the setup.

There ae a few problems though. I have found ways to work around or cope with most of them. But I think they can be improved upon.

When I create maps on my Autochart Pro software

The maps I get are pretty good. The vegetation shows up where it is in reality. I know this as I have extensive experience of the water where I did the mapping. Very happy with the maps I create. So far so good…

When I display the maps on the control head:

Couple of issues here.

THE MAP SOURCE

When I got to Map Source on the Control head, I get the following options:

1. Auto

2. Contour XD

My Zero Lines SD card is not a contour XD card? (This is confusing)

Obviously if I try to use Contour XD, my mapping does not work. When I put it on Auto, my custom maps can be shown using “Autochart” as either a base layer or overlay.

So, although I can use my custom maps by selecting “Auto” as a map source, why does “Contour XD” show up as an option if it is of no use? And why is there no explicit option to use my custom maps? Or why does the Africa Zero Lines Base Map not show up as an option? I am very confused here. Oh well at least I still get the charting to work in spite of the confusion.

THE VEGETATION LAYER

This is what the vegetation layer looks like on my PC after creating a map with Autochart Pro:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img921/6686/qzANyz.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the control head:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2391/OaWTfc.jpg

Vast difference.

I tried adjusting the Vegetation Layer Options. No joy. The Min and Max vegetation settings are just scale related. It only sets the “sensitivity”. It does not correct the position, which seems to be the problem here? Changing the Gain Offset does nothing at all. That is also confusing. Should it not have some effect.

I am very surprised that the vegetation looks absolutely perfect on my PC, but utterly screwed up on my fishfinder.

Any ideas?

ContourXD is the built-in background mapping that the 2006 coverage of Navionics Premium and Gold had.
    Auto Chart is read with the Auto setting, so is Auto Chart Live.
    Auto just means the unit automatically chooses an inserted map card.
    If you have a Navionics map card and inserted it, the unit will automatically load it.
    In the US, we can add Humminbird Basemap to the units’s memory. That is the 2017 coverage that Lakemaster had. It becomes the default background map with no map cards inserted. Still can select ContourXD if wanted.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    The vegetation display might show different, because possibly your head unit is reading autochart live files, not the actual AutoChart map you produced on your computer. Try backing up your ACLive folder off the SD card onto your computer, and remove it from the Autochart SD card, then try it on your head unit. See if that is the case.

19. Member
    When running Auto Chart am I able to use the split screen and view Di or side scan while recording? I'm not sure I worded this best. I want to be able to record and use the other features if I can.

20. Member
    While recording, you can use ALL other features without affecting anything. Recording runs in the background, and is just saving raw data.

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast