Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    I uploaded mine with no issue the other day. I don't want to sound dumb but is the zero line card switch in the unlocked position? If it's not that then maybe the card is bad. Have you called support?

2. Member
    I do mine a little differently, in that I work off a local copy of the zerolines sd card saved on my computer. The entire process is the same, just that when I finish making my map, I have to copy the AC map folder from my computer to the zerolines sd card.
    My reasons for doing it this way: 1. I don't have to have the zerolines sd card in my computer to make a map, 2. If I screw something up, I am only messing up a folder on my computer, not anything on the zerolines sd card, 3. Its easier for me to delete a map, and start over if I need to, 4. I could create multiple lake maps for different areas, and have them all saved on my computer.

3. Member
    K-DAWG, first lets verify what is actually on your zerolines sd card. It should have two folders, "AC" and "LkMaster". Do not ever delete those two folders.

If you have other folders titled "MATRIX", "SNAPSHOTS", or "RECORD", and a file named "Profile", those are files that you created on the sd card by performing actions on your Humminbird unit. They can be copied onto your computer, and then deleted from the sd card once you're sure they're saved somewhere on your computer.

MATRIX: When you export waypoints or boat tracks, those are saved into a folder titled MATRIX
    SNAPSHOTS: If you create screen snapshots, those are saved into a folder titled SNAPSHOTS
    RECORD: When you perform sonar recordings, folders and data logs are saved into a folder titled RECORD

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    I uploaded mine with no issue the other day. I don't want to sound dumb but is the zero line card switch in the unlocked position? If it's not that then maybe the card is bad. Have you called support?

Locked cards have driven me nuts a few times!!

5. Member
    In the "Getting Started" autochart manual, did you follow through the steps on pages 8 through 14? That helped me learn the process when I first started.

It could be that the zerolines sd card tab is in the locked position.

It could be that the zerolines sd card is bad.

Or, it could be that you missed a step in the process.

Does it let you click on the "lakemaster update", or is it greyed out?

I don't want to ditch auto chart. I want it to help me. I am gonna look at the card and see if it's locked when I get home. That hasn't crossed mind.

After I insert the card into the card reader window pops up that shows the drive the card is in. Its called "HBACNAV1" it contains AC and LkMaster. There is also a file below those 2 titled PROFILE. The card is not locked the tab is pushed fwd to the top of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    K-DAWG, first lets verify what is actually on your zerolines sd card. It should have two folders, "AC" and "LkMaster". Do not ever delete those two folders.

If you have other folders titled "MATRIX", "SNAPSHOTS", or "RECORD", and a file named "Profile", those are files that you created on the sd card by performing actions on your Humminbird unit. They can be copied onto your computer, and then deleted from the sd card once you're sure they're saved somewhere on your computer.

MATRIX: When you export waypoints or boat tracks, those are saved into a folder titled MATRIX
    SNAPSHOTS: If you create screen snapshots, those are saved into a folder titled SNAPSHOTS
    RECORD: When you perform sonar recordings, folders and data logs are saved into a folder titled RECORD

I have followed those steps every time and it does not save the map to my zero line card. No the "Lake master update "tab is white and after I click it, It updates a small window appears in the top corner a slider bar that slowly fills, only takes a second though. After that a window pops up in the middle and asks if I want to change the display of my background map. No matter if I say yes or no after I am complete. II take my card to the hummingbird unit outside insert the card and no mapping data saved. If I turn Auto chart off then back on no map update stays.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    In the "Getting Started" autochart manual, did you follow through the steps on pages 8 through 14? That helped me learn the process when I first started.

It could be that the zerolines sd card tab is in the locked position.

It could be that the zerolines sd card is bad.

Or, it could be that you missed a step in the process.

Does it let you click on the "lakemaster update", or is it greyed out?

I will look when I get home but just want to check and see if you have it selected to read from the sd card in the settings box for lakemaster. That is where you can tell it where to look for your basemap and such. If I were you I would call humminbird and they will probably send you a new card or tell you how to fix it. Is there another computer you could install the software on and try?

I just got off of the phone with hummingbird. They told me that they didn't intend for people to save sonar recordings to a separate SD card. That when you do that you have to copy the dat files from the SD card and paste them into your AC folder on the zeroline card. If you don't do that the zero line card will never see the map you uploaded. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Sounds like BS to me. Is anyone else having to do this when recording to a separate SD card?
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 01-12-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Sounds weird but I'm a newbie with this. I didn't think you were supposed to save your recordings to the autochart card. I do feel like this software has been rushed out without really working out the bugs. The recordings I made were on a separate card so I doubt that is the problem. I did however copy everything from my regular card that the recordings were on to my computer so maybe there were some extra files in there that it needs. You might want to copy your entire card over then try and import the recordings again and see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I just got off of the phone with hummingbird. They told me that they didn't intend for people to save sonar recordings to a separate SD card. That when you do that you have to copy the dat files from the SD card and paste them into your AC folder on the zeroline card. If you don't do that the zero line card will never see the map you uploaded. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Sounds like BS to me. Is anyone else having to do this when recording to a separate SD card?
    I disagree. I do all my recording on a different card. I upload the data from it, create the topo. Your not writing any data to your zero line card, because AC saves all maps in a folder titled lakemaster and i think thats a seperate folder

Did you copy your zero line card to your pc so you can use "local Copy"
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

I not sure how to copy my zeroline card other than to open it and drag the AC file to my desk top and then do the same to the LkMaster file.

Quote Originally Posted by Trytoofish View Post
    I disagree. I do all my recording on a different card. I upload the data from it, create the topo. Your not writing any data to your zero line card, because AC saves all maps in a folder titled lakemaster and i think thats a seperate folder

Did you copy your zero line card to your pc so you can use "local Copy"

This is way to complicated for me. Do any of you have any experience with the Navionics +?

I can open an existing ACD file on the zero line card. That existing ACD file is the sonar recording I made that I want to upload to the map.

This message is to anyone who is considering buying the Auto Chart Product from Hummingbird.

I have had it with this mapping program called auto chart. I am going to try and figure it out before I punt. But, If I could go back and do it over I would not have wasted my money on this jacked up shit map program. Maybe I got a bad card or something but, I feel right now like I pissed my cash away on something that is a great idea but don't work for crap and isn't very user friendly. I would suggest to whom ever is looking to buy Navionics +. Its cheaper and seems to be from those I have spoke to a much easier to use than this crap. I called Hummingbird tech line and was told by them something completely different than those who are having success with Auto Crap are doing. So, I kinda feel like if the people who sold you something tell you something different than every body else is doing including the videos on you tube and such. Makes me think they don't even know how to use it. So, now that my bash of the product is over you can take what I say or leave it. Good luck with your choice. If you chose Auto chart your gonna need it.

17. Member
    no problems here

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by woody123 View Post
    no problems here

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    This message is to anyone who is considering buying the Auto Chart Product from Hummingbird.

I have had it with this mapping program called auto chart. I am going to try and figure it out before I punt. But, If I could go back and do it over I would not have wasted my money on this jacked up shit map program. Maybe I got a bad card or something but, I feel right now like I pissed my cash away on something that is a great idea but don't work for crap and isn't very user friendly. I would suggest to whom ever is looking to buy Navionics +. Its cheaper and seems to be from those I have spoke to a much easier to use than this crap. I called Hummingbird tech line and was told by them something completely different than those who are having success with Auto Crap are doing. So, I kinda feel like if the people who sold you something tell you something different than every body else is doing including the videos on you tube and such. Makes me think they don't even know how to use it. So, now that my bash of the product is over you can take what I say or leave it. Good luck with your choice. If you chose Auto chart your gonna need it.

DUDE! Enough with your profanities! I read your customer service post as well. Seriously, it's okay to be frustrated, but let's grow up a little shall we? You have several guys here willing to take time out of their day to try to help you. But I'm done if that's the kind of attitude I'm going to get to experience with trying to help you out.

Now, can we move on??

Part of me suspects that the size of the box you're using is small, and you're only updating a very small portion of your lakemaster map, and thus not able to see it when you put your sd card into your unit.

Here's what I want you to try.

1. Open up the program.
    2. First, go to Tools --> Settings --> General --> Now, under Map Generation, adjust the Internal Map size to 7000 x 7000 m, and click "OK".
    3. You'll get a pop up that says "You must restart AutoChart for a change in map size to have effect." Click on "OK".
    4. Close the program.

1. Open AutoChart again.
    2. Click on File --> New.
    3. On the map, is there a green box enclosing the area where you made your sonar recording? If there is, right-click on that box, and click "Map Here".
    4. It should now display a red box, and a number of data points inside that red box where you made your sonar recording.
    5. Your next step, is to click on the icon at the top of the program that says "Create Map".
    6. Your map should now display depth contour lines with an area of colors displayed between the contours. (Mine are Yellow to Red in color)
    7. Now, click on the "Lakemaster Update" icon. You'll see a popup that says "adding new content to your custom LakeMaster map".
    8. Then you'll see another popup that says "Your LakeMaster SD card was successfully updated with new chart data. Would you like to change background map display to the custom LakeMaster Map?"
    9. Click on "OK".
    10. Now, before moving or panning around the map anywhere, adjust the transparency slider bar at the left side of the screen. As you adjust the transparency, you should be able to see the Red/Yellow depth map go away, and see the underlying lakemaster contours that were created. If you don't see those, something happened and your lakemaster sd card was not updated properly.

Depending on the size of your sonar recording, that may cover all of it, or it may have just updated a small portion of it. Lets just worry about these steps so far, and proceed further if we can get that part figured out.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woody123 View Post
    no problems here
    Me either. Granted you really have to learn a fair amount of it on your own, once you have it down, it has worked wonderfully for me.

K-DAWG, I don't think he's bashing you, but rather saying calm down, and let us help you do some troubleshooting.

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast