Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Received my ZLC, updated it with the saved Sonar and Track files, inserted into my Hummingbird, pressed some buttons and there it was! A contour map of the areas I fish. Cool.

Some more questions...

1. Anyway to see that contour map on the PC? The map looks different between the Helix and PC, it's close, but different all at the same time. Especially want to be able to adjust the depth highlights.
    2. What is "Local Map" all about?
    3. Still saved track files, transferred to PC, converted and updated ZLC. Is this good practice?

That's all for now, but I do reserve the right to ask more questions again! lol
    Wettin hooks and huntin fish.

2. Member
    Just learning also, to get contours right click and choose contour lines. If you want the colors back right click again and uncheck contour lines. I think local is when you have computer hooked up to fish finder. Your #3 is what I am doing. I have been using a regular SD card for my recordings, I haven't been able to pull anything off of my ZLC. I am able to use ZLC when I go back to the same location to see my previous recordings.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise2u View Post
    2. What is "Local Map" all about?
    Go to Tools/Settings/LakeMaster...

You can copy the entire ZLC to a drive or folder and work from that folder without ZLC present.

Once you've done that, you just update the files from the local copy to your ZLC.

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    Thanks for the "local map" info. that will will be useful. I need to spend more time reading instructions and mapping. I have found the 3D view interesting since I haven't spent much time memorizing deep and shallow spots and putting all together in my head to make a map of the bottom. I have found spots that I will fish.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI

5. Member
    Is there a way to use Smart Strike with the maps I create?
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI

6. Member
    Found my answer and was hoping you could. Maybe in the future.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI

@sfw1960 - does the local map look the same as the zlc map? That's what i would really like. I can't seem to make that happen.
    Wettin hooks and huntin fish.

8. Member
    If I deactivate Autochart pc program and sell it. Will the code that came with it be good for the buyer?

Thanks

Steve

9. Member
    if i buy autochart pro can a friend and i both load info onto it and share the maps with our zl cards if we are both mapping different parts of the lake with different units?

10. Member
    sorry i'm going to have alot of questions. i have had an 1199 for a while and just bought a helix10 g1. if i buy autochart pro can i make maps with autochart on the helix and export them to a blank sd card and have them on the 1199? i know it will not have the colored autochart map but can i get the contour lines and si overlays on the 1199? Im just trying to figure out if it is worth spending an xtra 100 on the pro or just buy a zl card.

11. Member
    Is it possible in Autochart Live to adjust the water level before I record new data on a lake that I have already done some ACL mapping on? My lake fluctuates a lot (hydro dam). I understand how it would work with autochart pc, where I would adjust the water level after importing the data but before creating the map. How do you deal with that situation in AC Live? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Is it possible in Autochart Live to adjust the water level before I record new data on a lake that I have already done some ACL mapping on? My lake fluctuates a lot (hydro dam). I understand how it would work with autochart pc, where I would adjust the water level after importing the data but before creating the map. How do you deal with that situation in AC Live? Thanks
    Your only pre-recording depth adjustment is the unit depth offset in the setup menu. I always use that when collecting data for mapping so the depth readout is the actual water depth, not the distance from the transducer to the bottom.
    If the water is low, you add the distance from the surface to the transducer plus the amount the lake is lower than your previous data.
    With the Helix units, you just have 10' + or - to work with.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Can I record autochart live on the console with a Helix and pop out the ZL card and use it with my Solix on the trolling motor?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD11 View Post
    Can I record autochart live on the console with a Helix and pop out the ZL card and use it with my Solix on the trolling motor?
    Yes. I have Live data on my Zero Line card from a Helix 7, Helix 12, ONIX 10, and SOLIX 12.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member

Help with Autochart Live/zero lines card, sorry this is a dumb question

So i am confused.

I mapped a few hours on my onix unit (just got it, used). I got home to import to autochart pro and no dat files on my zero lines card (or am i supposed to import a different type of file ) . the instructions said it would go direct to the card. in a nut shell i don't understand what i did wrong. i assumed it recorded straight to zero lines card. did it not do that? was i supposed to export to the zero lines card? i had the card in the unlocked position.

again my apologies, any help is appreciated.

thanks
    Last edited by j9sheldon; 02-06-2018 at 05:40 PM.

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j9sheldon View Post
    So i am confused.

I mapped a few hours on my onix unit (just got it, used). I got home to import to autochart pro and no dat files on my zero lines card (or am i supposed to import a different type of file ) . the instructions said it would go direct to the card. in a nut shell i don't understand what i did wrong. i assumed it recorded straight to zero lines card. did it not do that? was i supposed to export to the zero lines card? i had the card in the unlocked position.

again my apologies, any help is appreciated.

thanks
    EVERYTHING you need is right here in PDF form.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post5055740

Sonar logs are not the same as ACL files...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

I've searched google and this forum for an hour with no luck. All I want to do is view my recording of a lake. I recorded to my Autochart zero lines card using my Helix 10si unit. I have carried my Helix 12 chirp/di Gen 1 unit into the house and powered it up with my AC card installed. For the life of me I can't figure out how to view it.

Help will be appreciated,
    Rick

Rick Elrod

The Helix units are glitchy when reading map cards in Simulator. If you run the unit in Normal, you can see the Auto Chart Live data if you move the map curser to the location.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have it in normal mode. I can see all of my tracks but no map. Just a bunch of red lines on a goldish color page

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    I have it in normal mode. I can see all of my tracks but no map. Just a bunch of red lines on a goldish color page
    Did you turn Sonar Charts Live off before you shut the unit down or stop doing mapping?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast