Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Can I remap the same area I just mapped. I would like to go over it again with 1 foot contours. I am still using the storage on the unit. Thanks

2. Member
    Yes, every time you go over the same area it just gives you better detail especially if you go from different directions. The unit doesn't care what setting you have when recording as to foot contours that is a display setting. If you change it to 1 foot contours on your unit your recordings you have already done in 3' contours will display as 1'. Personally I would just pony up the bucks for the Auto chart zero lines card to make sure you don't lose what you have already done when your internal memory runs out. It will start erasing the oldest data.

3. Member
    Hi Guys,

Im using a Helix 7 with autochart live and the zero lines card. I have run into an issue and I am not sure if there is a solution.

In my area of Georgian Bay the zero line is wildly innacurate and provides more of "blob of the area" rather than the actual contours of the shorline in the area. What this means is that I have a false "shoreline: running through much of the area I fish. This is where its strange...when autocharting over this zero line shoreline, the depth contour by default goes to 0 feet. What you end up with is a massive false ridge running through a large part of the areas I fish.

Is there any way to remove the Zero Lines' percieved "shoreline and just allow autochart to do its thing?

I also have another question, I made the mistake this weekend of charting a bay for about 45 minutes and then taking off before realizing i had turned record off. What I was left with was a false ridge running through the middle of the bay. I then went a recharted the area properly again, but I am still getting some reflection of the old charting data. i.e. I am still getting some strange contours. Is there any way aside from continuously charting the same spot to remove this data?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

You can use google earth and make a custom shoreline. There is a tutorial in the beginning of the thread

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skigill View Post
    You can use google earth and make a custom shoreline. There is a tutorial in the beginning of the thread
    That would only work if I was using the autochart pro program.

Since my unit has autochart live, I only purchased the 0 lines card since autochart pro isnt needed in order to get the maps onto my unit.

Sorry, I have the pro version. I don't know any other way.

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Sorry, I have the pro version. I don't know any other way.
    FWIW, I just made a shoreline (zero line) in the Standard version following Mike Insko's tutorial Paul, so you don't have to have Pro - though it has more desirable features to edit and manipulate your data - be it AC PC, PRO or ACL.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2I...ew?usp=sharing

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Thanks Robert!

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Thanks Robert!
    I still think that I want a copy of AC PC Pro version though lol
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

That could happen!

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im using a Helix 7 with autochart live and the zero lines card. I have run into an issue and I am not sure if there is a solution.

In my area of Georgian Bay the zero line is wildly innacurate and provides more of "blob of the area" rather than the actual contours of the shorline in the area. What this means is that I have a false "shoreline: running through much of the area I fish. This is where its strange...when autocharting over this zero line shoreline, the depth contour by default goes to 0 feet. What you end up with is a massive false ridge running through a large part of the areas I fish.

Is there any way to remove the Zero Lines' percieved "shoreline and just allow autochart to do its thing?

I also have another question, I made the mistake this weekend of charting a bay for about 45 minutes and then taking off before realizing i had turned record off. What I was left with was a false ridge running through the middle of the bay. I then went a recharted the area properly again, but I am still getting some reflection of the old charting data. i.e. I am still getting some strange contours. Is there any way aside from continuously charting the same spot to remove this data?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
    1. Like has been stated, you have to have the PC program to adjust the shoreline. The only way to take care of the false ridge is to scan the whole area with ACL so the map updates.

2. Under the AutoChart Live Menu, turn on Show Raw Data. You will notice the chart change and you will see your tracks with colored readings. Go along the tracked area you want to delete, put the cursor over the track, go to the ACL Menu, and go to Delete. If you have a long track, this can take a LONG time to do.

13. Member
    Ok I feel stupid and frustrated all at once. I have read all the tutorials and still can't figure out how to get The info off of my hummingbird mega 10.
    I have auto chart pro and a zero Lines micro cards. When I put my 0 line card in my head unit. It asked me if I want to transfer all my information to that card I say yes. I have about 1 to 2 hours of mapping.
    down load to computer and only info that pops up are the green boxes and no maps or tracks.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    May turn to humminbird help desk
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You need to right click at the green boxes & choose "map here".

It's in the tutorials - you can also copy the whole card contents to the PC and work from a local copy - that way you can copy & paste the ACL files after you edit or change anything on them.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

15. Member
    Test

16. Member
    Test 2, Hmmm Tests are posting but not my longer message.

Getting a server error?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    Yep

It's a real nuisance .... cut and paste seems to be one of the things that causes it.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    In the "Getting Started" autochart manual, did you follow through the steps on pages 8 through 14? That helped me learn the process when I first started.

It could be that the zerolines sd card tab is in the locked position.

It could be that the zerolines sd card is bad.

Or, it could be that you missed a step in the process.

Does it let you click on the "lakemaster update", or is it greyed out?
    My problem is the LakeMaster Update is greyed out. Icon does nothing. The choice under the Map text menu is greyed out. Confused. Used to work.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast