Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Thank you, and I am fixing to walk outside and try the in the middle as I have not had it on anything except 0 transparency. I have played with it but then left it on 0 all this time.

Last night the only way I could get it to load was to play every single track on Triple time. Then after I got on the water I thought I had my small SD card but I actually had my zero line card in and it said it was full? Which one, the unit or the card I do not know and after stopping and saving everything I went to put in my small card and that's when I realized I had left the zero line in. After exporting everything to the zero line card took out the zero line card. And now without a card in it, the zeroline card has more autochart live data then my smaller card, but it shows every single data collection whether it be a track sonar or screenshot or Waypoint. What I cannot do is get it to instantaneously reproduce my work. Surely to goodness we do not have to play do a replay of our work when this happens!? lol
    And why when I exported and it deleted everything from the unit when I tried to use the unit with no zeroline or any kind of SD card it gave an error that it could not record? I just do not understand this. Thank you in advance I'm fixing to go back out on the water LOL I'm not giving up! Haha

2. Member
    There are 2 ways to record, the AC Live and the record feature in the screen snapshot view.
    You need any SD card to Record from the screen snapshot view and it will use lots of memory.
    the AC Live record uses very little memory and records to the Zeroline card if it is inserted, if no card it records to the internal memory.
    Doctor Sonar®
    Go Fishing, the Clock is Ticking

3. Member
    So if I get to where I was at to where I filled up my internal memory on the unit and an SD card whether it be zero lines or not, if I remove that data from the unit then it is gone? And it appears the only way I can get it back to the unit is to replay those recordings? I think I am correct? In other words, a person such as myself who casually if you want to say that, uses it I have to leave the SD card in the unit 24/7 unless I want to get autochart PC?

Am I correct that I cannot instantaneously make the map come back up after removing the data unless I have autochart PC?

Doc: does the above mean that it's best to let the internal autochart live do the recording up to the eight hours, then download to an SD card or zero lines and then put the data on the Zero lines and remove said sd card is not an option, is that correct?

Why after I imported and deleted all data will the unit not record? ERROR message.
    Ty, genlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by JcksnGhst View Post
    So if I get to where I was at to where I filled up my internal memory on the unit and an SD card whether it be zero lines or not, if I remove that data from the unit then it is gone? And it appears the only way I can get it back to the unit is to replay those recordings? I think I am correct? In other words, a person such as myself who casually if you want to say that, uses it I have to leave the SD card in the unit 24/7 unless I want to get autochart PC?

Am I correct that I cannot instantaneously make the map come back up after removing the data unless I have autochart PC?

Doc: does the above mean that it's best to let the internal autochart live do the recording up to the eight hours, then download to an SD card or zero lines and then put the data on the Zero lines and remove said sd card is not an option, is that correct?

Why after I imported and deleted all data will the unit not record? ERROR message.
    Ty, genlemen.
    You don't understand what Auto Chart Live and RECORD is.

The only way to keep the data that is in the unit's memory for Auto Chart Live when it is full is to transfer it to a Zero Line Card. That is what happens when you put the ZLC card in. It is gone from the memory and is on the card. You use the data from the card then instantly.
    Auto Chart Live will not transfer to a regular memory card.
    If you delete the data from the unit's memory instead of transferring it to the ZLC it is permanently gone.
    You either transfer or delete the Auto Chart Live data in the unit's memory, you can't do both.
    The data is never copied, just transferred from the memory to ZLC or deleted from memory.

If you use the memory for Auto Chart Live, the only way to do more is to transfer the contour mapping to the ZLC. Then the data is ONLY on the ZLC, you can't put it back.

RECORDing to a regular memory card in the Snapshot and Recording view is different than Auto Chart Live. The RECORD file can only be loaded to Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro computer software to create contour mapping to copy to the ZLC to use in the unit.

The best way to do Auto Chart Live is to leave the Zero Line Card in the unit and set it to load directly to the ZLC. You will never fill up the card in your lifetime. It has millions of Zero Lines (shorelines).
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 05-30-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You don't understand what Auto Chart Live and RECORD is.

The only way to keep the data that is in the unit's memory for Auto Chart Live when it is full is to transfer it to a Zero Line Card. .... You use the data from the card then instantly.
    If you delete the data from the unit's memory instead of transferring it to the ZLC it is permanently gone.
    You either transfer or delete the Auto Chart Live data in the unit's memory, you can't do both.
    The data is never copied, just transferred from the memory to ZLC or deleted from memory.

If you use the memory for Auto Chart Live, the only way to do more is to transfer the contour mapping to the ZLC. Then the data is ONLY on the ZLC, you can't put it back....

The best way to do Auto Chart Live is to leave the Zero Line Card in the unit and set it to load directly to the ZLC. You will never fill up the card in your lifetime. It has millions of Zero Lines (shorelines).
    Okay. I thank you for the clarity. Is it safe to say that if I leave the zero line card in I can never take it out? Another words if I.....hmmmm. Should I import? Yes, when it asks now that the memory is full in the unit do you want to erase or insert a card I should just insert a card and Keep On Truckin and never take that card out? Is that fair? And again thank you, gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by JcksnGhst View Post
    Okay. I thank you for the clarity. Is it safe to say that if I leave the zero line card in I can never take it out? Another words if I.....hmmmm. Should I import? Yes, when it asks now that the memory is full in the unit do you want to erase or insert a card I should just insert a card and Keep On Truckin and never take that card out? Is that fair? And again thank you, gentlemen!

You can take the card out anytime you want, do Auto Chart Live to the unit's memory any amount you want up to 8 hours, and transfer the internal memory data to the card anytime you want.

You can do Auto Chart Live to the unit's memory for an hour if you want and transfer the data to the ZLC, don't have to wait for the whole 8 hours to fill up.

You can do Auto Chart Live directly to the ZLC and never use the 8 hours of internal memory if you want--just can't do both at the same time.

You HAVE to use the ZLC to save the data in the unit's memory before you can get 8 more hours of internal memory use.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    Which transducer are you trying to use while running autochart live?

Can Autochart Live data be recorded using 360 Imaging?

No. Digital depth and a 2D element are required for recording Autochart Live. 360 Imaging does not provide this data type.
    I'm using the Terrova built in transducer

2007 Nitro 482 150HP Optimax

8. Member
    Couple notes.

I took these with a camera phone.

The idle pattern is not ideal but to cover an area the size of this takes a while and auto chart is very good at compensating for that. I have since added a few more patterns to "clear" up the area.

I messed around with my idle speed as well and found that 6 MPH works well.

This area is probably about 1/3 mile by 1/3 mile. Awesome technology on the spot. Very impressed with Mega the more I use it.

This is not an area I will be fishing for a month or more, but I could have if need be as I was able to make rock piles among other things on the spot.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (16.9 KB, 308 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (20.6 KB, 306 views)

9. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Is there an Apple software version of this software?

Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    Is there an Apple software version of this software?
    No ..... I'm not sure, but using Parallels may be an option.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

11. Banned
    Sorry if this is posted but I searched and couldn't find it.

Helix 12 with zero lines card and I want to delete some bad data. Is there a way to do this on my unit or only on autochart PC? Also is there a way to delete autochart live data that is on another helix 10 without zero lines card it is just saved to the units internal memory.

Thank tou for the help

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You need to zoom into your bad data points, choose raw data in the ACL menu.

Instead of contour lines - when raw data is displayed "delete" is now a menu option, put the cursor on the bad points & delete.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Member
    Howdy Folks. Just new to the board and my apologies if this question has already been asked.

Question; Can I record using autochart live while viewing Navionics charts? It just seems a little risky mapping a lake while not knowing what is below. Lakemaster does not have charts for lakes in Ontario, Canada. Navionics does but the charts are not compatible with ipilot link. So, Considering autochart live is compatible with ipilot link, and there is a need to know the water depth to prevent running a-ground, I wish to map the lake with autochart live while viewing the Navionics contours.

Possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yes - set the slider in ACL transparency to about 50 % with the Navioncs card chosen as your map - ACL turned ON while recording, don't forget to shut it OFF before powering down the unit - I turn ACL on/off periodically thru the day.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

15. Member
    Hi,

I just purchased a Helix 9 SI G2N and I'm trying to get the Autochart Live to work. I do not have a zero lines map card, or any maps. Is it still possible to use autochart and map contours to the internal memory and view those on the water?

I seem to be able to see contours when zoomed out to 250M. But if I zoom in further I lose them.

Can anyone assist?

16. Member
    Thanks SFW 1960! Greatly appreciated!

BassSter.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkyle View Post
    Hi,

I just purchased a Helix 9 SI G2N and I'm trying to get the Autochart Live to work. I do not have a zero lines map card, or any maps. Is it still possible to use autochart and map contours to the internal memory and view those on the water?

I seem to be able to see contours when zoomed out to 250M. But if I zoom in further I lose them.

Can anyone assist
    ?

• JcksnGhst

MemberJoin DateMay 2017LocationGeorgiaPosts7

#8Today, 12:54 AM
      What became of this? Any answer? If you turn back one page on this thread you will see how I was able with the fresh unit without a zero line card or any kind of card I was using record and autochart live and made an awesome map and was able to zoom in all the way to 20 feet period and then you can read all of the debacle that the zero line caused IMO

• I made a great chart using record and auto chart live and then realize since I did not have Pro I needed not to record I was told... Who knows?
      With this map I was able to zoom all the way into 20 feet but when I restarted all over now I have the same issue as a gentleman above I get a note chart zooming in past 100 feet.

So was this ever resolved with an answer? Thank you!

18. Member
    JcksnGhst, did you say that you don't have AutoChart or AutoChart Pro yet? Are you trying to display the data on your ZeroLine Card from the slot on your head unit? Or are you trying to display the mapping data that is in head's current memory as a mapped chart? I will be very interested to hear an answer from someone that has been using AutoChart Live and figured this out. It could be that you are having so much trouble because you are trying to display data that has not yet been converted into Lakemaster chart format.

I would be interested to know if there is a way to display the data that is on your head's memory as a chart but I didn't think you can see that data as a chart without returning to the mapping mode and this will eventually eat up enough memory that it will start overwriting itself. If there is a way to stop mapping before you reach the eight hour limit and continue to see that Live data as a chart you could virtually map the best sections of a lake and if that's all you ever want to record you could keep the memory in tact and have your chart without converting it but as I said before someone else will have to confirm this is even possible.

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    ACL doesn't need to be recording to display previously recorded data.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NPAA1000 View Post
    JcksnGhst, did you say that you don't have AutoChart or AutoChart Pro yet?

I do not have either, no.

Are you trying to display the data on your ZeroLine Card from the slot on your head unit? Or are you trying to display the mapping data that is in head's current memory as a mapped chart?

I was and it did display it as described, THE ONlY thing I can think of is HB PC , I sent all data there, don't know what it could have done. BuT IT WAS SHOWING AS A CHART. I. COULD ZOOM IN. Now I may have deleted zlc's folders? But it still functions.

It could be that you are having so much trouble because you are trying to display data that has not yet been converted into Lakemaster chart format.
    ↑↑↑↑ That's what I figured, now. But that first map was spectacular. I had used both or had both acl and record on.

I would be interested to know if there is a way to display the data that is on your head's memory as a chart but I didn't think you can see that data as a chart without returning to the mapping mode and this will eventually eat up enough memory that it will start overwriting itself.

That's what's irritating; the first one record went internal, now if no self I. It gives an error...

]If there is a way to stop mapping before you reach the eight hour limit and continue to see that Live data as a chart you could virtually map the best sections of a lake and if that's all you ever want to record you could keep the memory in tact and have your chart without converting it but as I said before someone else will have to confirm this is even possible.
    right, now it says "NO CHART" at 50' in.....

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast