Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Recording to a blank SD card. Yes flashing record at the top of the screen. I am sure most of this is operator error. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Not a problem...first time with anything new can sometimes be a littlle learning experience but the more you use it becomes easier. I'm going to pull out some sonar recordings here in a little and see if I can help you better.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Here is what I was able to map with the sonar recordings I did have. Its not much but, I learned a lot about how to use auto chart during the last day. I need to record bigger areas and make sure that I am recording.

I got my copy 2 weeks ago and finally got to do some recordings. I also have some issues with the SD card wanting to scan and format it! Not sure what that's about. Did you manage to get the maps to transfer back to the sd card yet? I haven't had a chance to see if mine will show up on the head unit yet. I will post some examples of mine and maybe between the 2 of us we can figure out how to master this program!

wilgreen 5.jpg
    wilgreen 3.jpg
    wilgreen 2.jpg
    track.jpg
    Last edited by bassman6805; 01-06-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added Pic

No, the map is not transferring to my zeroline card. The first time I tried to map I used the instructions in the getting started guide under the help tab. It told me on page 8 to use Hummingbird tracks (*.ht) Not Hummingbird sonar logs (*.dat). If you go that route you get a the title "Matrix" when you try to import not "Records". Also, when I used the sonar logs instead of the tracks. It didn't work like in Doug's video. After I import the Sonar log I have to right click the map where the boxes show up. After I right click the box's, a small window pops up and states "Map here" Once hit hit that icon it throws down a Track line. I then hit the create map button at the top and the map will appear. I wont be able to get out on the water and create a better sonar log until this weekend if I don't have to work. But, I don't know why its not converting over to my zeroline card.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    I got my copy 2 weeks ago and finally got to do some recordings. I also have some issues with the SD card wanting to scan and format it! Not sure what that's about. Did you manage to get the maps to transfer back to the sd card yet? I haven't had a chance to see if mine will show up on the head unit yet. I will post some examples of mine and maybe between the 2 of us we can figure out how to master this program!

wilgreen 5.jpg
    wilgreen 3.jpg
    wilgreen 2.jpg
    track.jpg

How do I get rid of the red and orange and get the map to fill in with the light blue fading into dark blue?

Import your recordings and you should see the tracks like you stated. Then hit the create map button. The default color are the read and yellow looking ones. To change the display of the map go to Tools, Settings, General. In the bottom area it says Map Display. In there there is a drop down box for display colors. I chose lakemaster but there are several different ones. You also might want to try and use the sample data in tutorial. I went through that when I got the program and it seems to help a bunch.

I wonder why the zeroline card wont update the new map info?

K-Dawg give Humminbird a call they support AutoChart Program and have more experience 800-633-1468
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

10. Member
    So these are probably dumb questions, but can you only create one custom map, is it only good for one lake? Is there a limit on the size of the lake you can map? Last question is there a resource to see what line maps are for what lakes? (I have a couple lakes in Ontario that I've been fishing since I'm a kid and would love to have a contour map from them).

No, You can do many lakes. It would take a whole lot of mapping to fill up the card. The lake you want probably had zero lines but if not you can create the zero lines yourself. If you can tell me which lake I can try look on my program and send you a screen shot.

AutoChart PC is a one time purchase and allows for unlimited map creation. It comes with a ZeroLine Card that you export mapping data too. If for some reason you fill up one card you can purchase more. Or I know some groups of fishermen that are working together and all they need is one AutoChart PC software and each guy owns his own ZeroLine Card and the oner person imports their recordings and creates a maps on each guys ZeroLine Card.
    --

I have not had the chance to call hummingbirds help line but, Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having trouble getting the sonar recordings to update to their zero line card as I am? Until I can get them to upload this Auto chart deal is worthless. Doug, I posted over on the forum you asked me to but that place is dead with one person having read and no answers.

Tell ya what If by Monday I am still having problems, I will have this junk on the Electronics board for sale for the price of a regular map card. To anyone looking at buying Auto chart. Beware it is not very user friendly. If you are not really versed using a computer you will have a very hard time using this product. Looking at it on the Hummingbird web site makes it sound like its plug and play. It is not plug and play. Maybe the next version will be better. I spent a lot of money for this product and so far I am very disappointed. I was hoping because the places I fish there are no topo maps. I thought I could grab this and make my own. What I really liked about this was the fact that if the water way doesn't exist you can draw your own lines and make them from the sonar recording you make. Well I am here to tell you. I cannot figure out how to do that. It is not as easy as the web site makes it sound.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Tell ya what If by Monday I am still having problems, I will have this junk on the Electronics board for sale for the price of a regular map card. To anyone looking at buying Auto chart. Beware it is not very user friendly. If you are not really versed using a computer you will have a very hard time using this product. Looking at it on the Hummingbird web site makes it sound like its plug and play. It is not plug and play. Maybe the next version will be better. I spent a lot of money for this product and so far I am very disappointed. I was hoping because the places I fish there are no topo maps. I thought I could grab this and make my own. What I really liked about this was the fact that if the water way doesn't exist you can draw your own lines and make them from the sonar recording you make. Well I am here to tell you. I cannot figure out how to do that. It is not as easy as the web site makes it sound.
    Is it the pro version? Have you watched Doug's video?

You will figure it out at some point.

No, its the standard version. Yes, I have watched that video several times. As far as I have seen there are no video's on the real operation of auto chart. That video shows the very basic operation. There are no videos or good info on how to really create a topo map of a lake that isn't on the zero line card or at least on the zero line card with a very bad representation. No, I will not spend hours ever afternoon and weekend just trying to learn how to use this thing. I guess the fact that when I click the Lake Master update icon my card doesn't update is what really pisses me off. I have a river that doesn't match the zeroline cards river. Can anyone explain this to me in terms I will understand?

Draw Line... Used to draw shore and marker lines. Draw with the left mouse button, finish with right click. You will be prompted for a file name, and if you have a Chart File Index active, or have checked 'Add imported files to the CFI selected in the AutoSave settings' in Import Settings, you can directly add the new file to that Chart File Index.

17. Banned
    Dawg

Any one there that can sit down and help you maybe? I have very good maps in my area so I'm not familiar at all with AutoChart except what I have done on my Onix.

I consider myself very technology literate but with my phone sometimes I have to as a student how to do something....... lol

Apparently there is no one here that can tell me what I need to know. That's not a knock on anyone here. This mapping system is either really new or no one is using it. There for dang sure isn't much information anywhere on how to use it, other than its basic operation. I for the life of me cant get the sonar recordings I make to save to the map card. I have burned 30 gallons of gas recording tracks that I cant use because they wont save to the map card. I use a computer every day at work, working with Word, Excel and lots of other programs. I am having a hell of a time with this. I have no problem with the basic operation (other than loading maps to the zero line card) its the stuff I need to be able to do like modify the shoreline. I would like to tell everyone this is the cats ass but, sadly I have a sneaky feeling that someone is gonna get a good deal on a Auto Chart zero line card and program disc tomorrow on the for sale electronics board.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Dawg

Any one there that can sit down and help you maybe? I have very good maps in my area so I'm not familiar at all with AutoChart except what I have done on my Onix.

I consider myself very technology literate but with my phone sometimes I have to as a student how to do something....... lol

19. Banned
    Bad Zero line card maybe??

20. Member
    K-DAWG, forgive me for I haven't read this whole thread yet, since I just saw it today. But I see you're having issues with the map not loading to the zerolines sd card. I've been using autochart pro for a little while now, and feel like I have a pretty good handle on it, so I might be able to help. Don't ditch the program yet. Let me read through the previous posts and see if I can understand the issue, and I'll try to help.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast