Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    I'm running a Helix 10 Sonar/GPS unit connected to the Terrova 2D transducer and a 360 transducer. I cannot seem to get autochart live to work even after setting autochart live to record. Do I have to have a zero lines card or should the recordings just save to unit?

2007 Nitro 482 150HP Optimax

2. Member
    Sorry if this been answered before I just started using Autochart Pro.
    My question is can I save my custom maps and share them with my friends if we all have Zero Lines card.
    We all go to different lakes and would like to share our data with each other.
    Dave

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dautio View Post
    Sorry if this been answered before I just started using Autochart Pro.
    My question is can I save my custom maps and share them with my friends if we all have Zero Lines card.
    We all go to different lakes and would like to share our data with each other.
    Dave
    Yes, you can

4. Member
    This is probably so basic I can't see the forest for the trees. I am recording sonar logs to an SD card with a Helix 9 and importing the data into Autochart Pro. I create the contour map and save the results to an AC folder I created on the laptop. I then copy the AC folder to my ZLC, overwriting the existing one each time. This appears to me to work as advertised. The next time I open Autochart Pro, though, I have to start all over. I haven't found how to view the map I already created and saved. If I don't keep all my raw data and reimport it each time I open the program I haven't been able to see the work I have already done. I am early in my mapping, but this will get tedious in a hurry.
    1. So, can I, and how do I view the map I have already created and exported to the AC folder?
    2. If I am in a hurry and I just import the latest data, create and export to AC folder, will this update my map by adding the latest data to the previously existing map, or will I end up with a map that ONLY contains this latest data? So far I have been importing everything every time before creating the map since I haven't found how to call up within Autochart Pro a previously created map to 'add to'.

What am I missing? Thanks

5. Member
    Wxman,

I just spent an hour playing with ACP. I think you always need to Right Click & Map Here to show bottom contours at that location. The documentation mentions to do this, so that you don't fill up all RAM memory.

This uses the Tools/Settings/Chart File Index Manager entries in some way.

I only have one trip's worth of data, so I can't answer your other questions.

6. Member
    I am going to chime in here as I have been using ACP for a bit now. I am running two HB a 899, Helix G2N. I record on both units and I have a Zero line card in both. I save all data at the end of the day close out any recordings before shutting down the units. I have found that last night that I too have to import,right click, send to my card. I was kind of puzzled by this, so I watched my Lake Image CD again. It showed me there how to transfer from one ZLC too another ZLC. It worked great but as you have stated you import, right click export again. The Lake Images CDs are great. So the short of it is that I guess we have to do it every tine. I do have a question why are you exporting to the laptop? as when I get done I send all my recordings to a folder for each of the two units separately. Now I am going back and making folders for each creek, river, lake I fish. Hope this helps
    Dave in Currituck, NC

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakhuluBass View Post
    I'm running a Helix 10 Sonar/GPS unit connected to the Terrova 2D transducer and a 360 transducer. I cannot seem to get autochart live to work even after setting autochart live to record. Do I have to have a zero lines card or should the recordings just save to unit?
    Make sure that you have all of the options turned on in the HB tab. I didn't until I set it up. Found it here by a search. And I am sure that someone will chime in with more info.
    Dave in Currituck, NC

8. Member
    Okay so we spent 6 hours today recording sonar and autochart live data.
    I try to use autochart pro to view the data and sonar data and I cant get it to do anything.
    I load the sonar data and can't or don't know how to view the sonar data.
    The Manual is completely useless. It's the biggest waste of money I've ever spent.
    Sorry for the rant but this program is not intuative at all.

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    No it's not, but it can be learned.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post5055740

That's why these tutorials are posted.

Download them and read them ....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    I am in the same boat as dautio, I used sonar recording to try to create a map with no luck. I am going to try to use Humminbird Tracks the next time I get out. Using tracks is what is used on the tutorial. I have the tutorials downloaded on a tablet which will be in the boat so I can follow step by step. Beanstir

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    No it's not, but it can be learned.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post5055740

That's why these tutorials are posted.

Download them and read them ....
    This is the except from the HB tutorial page:

Step 1: Make sure you have the latest software -Yes
    If you have purchased a SOLIX or HELIX G2N model, good news! You are ready to start charting depth, vegetation and bottom hardness levels. If you have a HELIX 5 or 7 G2 model, you'll want to make sure you have the latest software. Yes
    Sign up for a myhumminbird account and register your Humminbird model. Then, go to your account page to ensure you have the latest version of software. For more information visit our FAQ page . Yes

Step 2: Turn it on and Go
    From any chart view, choose menu and select the AutoChart Live tab. Press record and you're ready to make a map. Now start driving back and forth over the water, as if you were mowing your lawn. Yes

Step 3: Your Map Appears No
    Watch your own AutoChart Live map appear before your eyes, live on your screen. You now can begin using exclusive Humminbird Lakemaster features and i-Pilot Link Follow the Contour.

2007 Nitro 482 150HP Optimax

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dautio View Post
    Okay so we spent 6 hours today recording sonar and autochart live data.
    I try to use autochart pro to view the data and sonar data and I cant get it to do anything.
    I load the sonar data and can't or don't know how to view the sonar data.
    The Manual is completely useless. It's the biggest waste of money I've ever spent.
    Sorry for the rant but this program is not intuative at all.

You don't use Autochart Pro to view Autochart Live data. ACL retains the data in the head unit, and creates the maps in the head unit.

Record your sonar, import that data into AC Pro, create the chart data, export it to the Zero Lines SD card, put that into your head unit.

[I'm not 100% sure that you *can't* export the AC Live data, so correct me if I'm wrong...]

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakhuluBass View Post
    Which transducer are you trying to use while running autochart live?

Can Autochart Live data be recorded using 360 Imaging?

No. Digital depth and a 2D element are required for recording Autochart Live. 360 Imaging does not provide this data type.

14. Member
    Dautio, you never said what unit you have but I assume Helix with Auto Chart Live. Are your maps appearing on your screen as you record? If so, your settings are correct on the unit. If not, correct your settings.

What I personally do is lock my card and record internally. When that fills or when my day ends, I unlock my card and reinsert, it then prompts me to save my map data to my ZLC, which I do.

When copying maps to another ZLC, I just use my computer and copy one cards' map folder to another card. Both cards now have the same data.

I use my Auto Chart Pro for looking at maps in 3d etc

15. Member
    Hello, after exhausting this forum for the past 2 days reading from about spring early summer of last year I have found only one response that was close to answering my personal dilemma: after filling up the eight hours or whatever memory is on my G2 Helix 7 I ordered a zl card, apparently¿ "I" downloaded the data from the unit to the zl SD card. After doing this I was then able to zoom in past the 100' mark (which tickle me pink because as others I had been having no luck zooming in past that mark). My mistake¿ came when I went to remove the ZL card and, forgive me as I cannot exactly remember, I believe it asked me to export and delete which I did. At any rate, I have the data on VL card but erased the data off of the unit. Now I have nothing. All of my work is gone and I cannot pull it back up on the unit.

Question #1: What did I do wrong? In that if I just wanted to use my Helix 7 G2 gps and an extra data card how can I keep from screwing my map, or maps? Whichever the case may be? How can I reload it permanently so I can zoom in again? And should I just leave it or can I remove it without AC or ACP?

Question #2: How can I reload my work back to the unit (this was partially answered a couple of pages back I think as one gentleman said without explanation it could be put back but may take a while)?

I do not own AC or ACP program. Last night I took a step out on my own and spent a lot of time replaying my recordings on my unit and have recreated the map of my private Lake. However I do not know if this is permanent and I do not know how to recreate it on my unit without all of the track dots and lines. Please, if anyone has the answer to this I will greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance either way it goes!
    Last edited by JcksnGhst; 05-30-2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Clarification

16. Member
    If you successfully saved the data on thr ZLC as is standard practice, you have it there for future use. Simply plug your card in and leave it there in the slot, your map will be read there and appear on your screen. Have you tried that yet?

17. Member
    I'm on the water right now. And after replaying every single track last night, when it said it was memory for after about an hour and a half I put the SD card in and took it out tried to start recording and it gave an error. I reinserted the card and I have tried everything to get the damn map back LOL and now I'm having to replay the blankety-blank fine again haha period there is got to be another way? I have the information on a regular SD card and a zero line card and I do not know what to do. I have tried going into tracks and waypoints excetera in the chart menu and selecting multiple and show. But that does not work. I am at a loss.

18. Member
    I can open the waypoints, routes, tracks and it shows every single thing I've ever recorded or at least an icon. I have tried options/ select tracks/all/show..... Nothing. Every variation Leeds me empty-handed and I am under the assumption now that I have to replay every track? That cannot be right. Surely to God not. Is it because I remove the data comma even though it is on a zero line card, is it because I removed it and did not run it through the AC program? Somebody good God turn on their computer and help me LOL!

19. Member
    If your data is on the Zeroline card the Helix will read the data from the card and create the map.
    You must have a GPS fix first and be in the area of the map created by AutoChart Live.
    Use just the map view, if you are using a split view and the chart is not the active pane the map sometimes will not load
    In AutoChart menu make sure Autochart Live is set to visible
    AC transparency should be set to 0
    Doctor Sonar®
    Go Fishing, the Clock is Ticking

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Did you change the ACL visibility setting?

Try somewhere in the middle...like 60% if you did.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast