Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Im confused. I have three helix units and i bought ac pro. Did i just waste money? When i should have just bought a zlc? Whats the advantage in my setup of 3 helix units to having ac pro?
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Im confused. I have three helix units and i bought ac pro. Did i just waste money? When i should have just bought a zlc? Whats the advantage in my setup of 3 helix units to having ac pro?
    You cannot make copies of your Auto Chart Live maps unless you have the computer software.
    If you create an Auto Chart Live map on one unit and want that same map in all three units, you need three Zero Line cards and the computer software to make those copies to the cards.
    You got one ZLC with the computer software.
    You cannot share map data between units, each has to have its own.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    So the benefit is i can buy another zlc and transfer the data with the ac pro

with the zlc i had no intention of using ac live. Is there benefits to using the ac live over just recording to the zlc
    Nitro z21

with the zlc i had no intention of using ac live. Is there benefits to using the ac live over just recording to the zlc
    If recording data to create mapping you don't record to a ZLC card. You record to a blank formatted memory card. Then load that data to Auto Chart Pro to create the contour mapping. After that you copy the created map to the ZLC card so you can use it in a unit.

The ZLC has outlines of bodies of water that the created map contours are place within. Zero Line means Shoreline. It is basically a map card with no contour mapping. You make it contour mapping with the software.

You can write Auto Chart Live data directly to a Zero Line card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

One more thing, ANY Humminbird unit that is sonar/GPS with a card reader can do recordings that can be used to create Auto Chart maps with the Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro software.

The only way to use those maps in a unit is copying it to a Zero Line Card. You would have the map on the card and on your computer. Make as many copies as you want to purchase Zero Line cards to do it.

After the data is used to create the mapping it functions in the units like Lakemaster digital mapping.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    If recording data to create mapping you don't record to a ZLC card. You record to a blank formatted memory card. Then load that data to Auto Chart Pro to create the contour mapping. After that you copy the created map to the ZLC card so you can use it in a unit.

The ZLC has outlines of bodies of water that the created map contours are place within. Zero Line means Shoreline. It is basically a map card with no contour mapping. You make it contour mapping with the software.

You can write Auto Chart Live data directly to a Zero Line card.
    thats the thing wayne why did i buy the ac pro if all i need to do is record ACL to my zlc while on the water? The only benefit i see to the PC software is the ability to copy a zlc card to another zlc. Which isnt a bad thing since helix doesnt share mapping at this time. All my units are helix 10 and 12
    Nitro z21

thats the thing wayne why did i buy the ac pro if all i need to do is record ACL to my zlc while on the water? The only benefit i see to the PC software is the ability to copy a zlc card to another zlc. Which isnt a bad thing since helix doesnt share mapping at this time. All my units are helix 10 and 12
    What does this mean then "with the zlc i had no intention of using ac live" ????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You could have just bought a ZLC, but now you have software to edit and manipulate the AC/ZLC data or recorded sonar data .
    Useful if you have a bad shutdown (need to stop recording before shutdown) or if there are some bad data points that should be removed.
    AC PC isn't an easy to learn program but is pretty powerful stuff.
    I bought AC PC standard as it was only a few bucks more to have the software and 2 licenses.

ACL IS recording AC/ZLC data to the card/unit directly, I think using AC PC was the term Jason meant?

You can also just record sonar data to a plain SD Card and use that for AC PC import.

Universal Mania does have a good price on additional ZLCs FWIW.
    Last edited by sfw1960; 09-22-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: clarification
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    Does anyone know If I have to deactivate AutoChart on my PC before changing my hard drive disk (switching to SSD). Or the license is tailored to the motherboard not to the hard drive?
    Thanks in advance!

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you're using drive imaging software and are cloning the drive you shouldn't have to deactivate the license only if you're moving it from pc to pc is my understanding.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

11. Member

Autochart map from Helix to 1198?

So I have an 1198 now and thinking about a Helix and have two questions.

First can I take a map i made on the Helix and move to the 1198? I have the Autochart pro PC software?

Second question is if network the two units can I have the Helix unit use the transducer that came with my 1198 at times if I wanted?

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Best bet is a second ZLC, unless you feel comfortable creating and renaming folders...

But you can import ACL data to convert to AC PC format WITH the latest patch in your HB account IF you registered the AC PC software.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. Member
    I recorded hours of AutoChart Live on my ZLC in the Onix 10's on my old boat.

I put Helix 12's on my new boat but I can't get the AutoChart live maps on my ZLC to show up in the Helix!

I've checked the card properties and it's full of data.

Searches and HB service hasn't helped.

Any ideas?
    Karl Dietz
    2015 BassCat Cougar FTD
    250 Mercury ProXS/Fury 26

Helix 12 Gn2 Mega SI
    Helix 12 Chirp SI
    1159 Ci HD

Quote Originally Posted by kdietz View Post
    I recorded hours of AutoChart Live on my ZLC in the Onix 10's on my old boat.

I put Helix 12's on my new boat but I can't get the AutoChart live maps on my ZLC to show up in the Helix!

I've checked the card properties and it's full of data.

Searches and HB service hasn't helped.

Any ideas?
    The card has lots of data on it without adding any contour mapping. It has all the zero lines (shoreline) that the contours are placed within.
    Checking "properites" does not show what data is on the card.

The acdata folder has the contours and the Lakemaster folder has the shorelines and software data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    After reading this thread, I now understand the differences between AC PC and AC live. I am using 2 Helix10 SI units. I am unclear on how many bodies of water you can store on one zero lines card. I have two smaller unmapped lakes near me. Would I need a separate zlc for each, or am I allowed to map and store both lakes on one zlc?

thanks
    -dmh

Quote Originally Posted by dmhpro View Post
    After reading this thread, I now understand the differences between AC PC and AC live. I am using 2 Helix10 SI units. I am unclear on how many bodies of water you can store on one zero lines card. I have two smaller unmapped lakes near me. Would I need a separate zlc for each, or am I allowed to map and store both lakes on one zlc?

thanks
    -dmh
    No problem doing those lakes on one card.

This is copied from the Lakemaster site:

" 32 GB SD card containing zero lines for with over 140,000 named water bodies and over 1.75 million unnamed water bodies in the United States and over 96,000 named water bodies and over 3.85 million unnamed water bodies in Canada. Plus there is 16 GB of free space to maintain your custom maps."

I have parts of 6 bodies of water on my ZLC.

I doubt you would ever fill up a Zero Line card in your lifetime.

What may not be on a ZLC is the outline of the body (zero line) of water you want if it is a small lake/pond. You can create that using the computer software, I think.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    I'm curious about what AutoChart Live settings others use for:

Map Color?
    Min depth?
    Max depth?
    Karl Dietz
    2015 BassCat Cougar FTD
    250 Mercury ProXS/Fury 26

Helix 12 Gn2 Mega SI
    Helix 12 Chirp SI
    1159 Ci HD

Help I just purchased AC pro at Cabelas Friday. I installed the program on my laptop and registered it. I installed the zero line card in my unit. 998c si. It shows a lk zl card in which ever slot I put it in. However I don't get any changes in the menus or even have any idea that it is installed on the 998.
    When I put the zero line card in my computer I only have lk master and profile folders, no ac or si folder. The lk master folder does contain ac files but I see no si files or folders. Is my card faulty. I have not deleted anything, the only reason I put it in the computer is to see why it wouldn't work on the unit.
    I am updated to the latest software on all device's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1johnb View Post
    Help I just purchased AC pro at Cabelas Friday. I installed the program on my laptop and registered it. I installed the zero line card in my unit. 998c si. It shows a lk zl card in which ever slot I put it in. However I don't get any changes in the menus or even have any idea that it is installed on the 998.
    When I put the zero line card in my computer I only have lk master and profile folders, no ac or si folder. The lk master folder does contain ac files but I see no si files or folders. Is my card faulty. I have not deleted anything, the only reason I put it in the computer is to see why it wouldn't work on the unit.
    I am updated to the latest software on all device's.
    There are no contour maps on the Zero Line Card and your 998 does not do Auto Chart Live. Zero Line means SHORELINES or the Zero contour line.

To use what you have, you have to RECORD to a blank formatted memory card, load that data to the computer software to create map contours where your recorded, then copy that contour map to the Zero Line Card that your unit will read as Lakemaster mapping.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

My question is are my si and ac folders missing. Or will I not have them on the zero line card until I convert a map and install it on the zlc?
    The reason I ask is the instructions say not to delete those folders, which I did not as they weren't on the zlc.

Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast