Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Camohunter, you have probably answered this before, but when using google earth to make the shoreline outline, is there a maximum size for each file? When I have opened the custom map in autochart it doesnt show the whole lake.

2. Member
    A maximum size for shoreline outline? No, not that I know of.

I do know, that it will only draw the shoreline for the area that is inside the 'internal map size', and just a little bit outside that. To clarify, you can adjust the size of the 'internal map size' if you go to Tools -> Settings -> General. You can adjust it from 500m x 500m up to 7000m x 7000m I believe. Anyways, what that adjusts is the size of the box that AutoChart maps when you right-click and click "Map Here". When you do that, it'll map the area of that box. To map more areas, you'll need to pan over on your map, and refresh the display by clicking Re-Center.

I'm guessing that you're just not seeing your entire custom shoreline, because it extends beyond the area that you're mapping inside the box.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks, that is exactly what happened.

4. Member
    Needing suggestions for a new user.
    I have read all of this and the more I read the more confused I get, LOL
    To help me get started I have 2 onix's and I ordered the auto chart pro
    I think I read that when recording on the water I record to the zero lines card but then to be able to put it on my PC it needs to be on a blank card so what do I do ? do I even need to put it on my PC ?
    I also have I-pilot and lake master map but the lake my first tourny is at there is no mapping for that lake so I plan to use the first day of practice to create a map to get a idea of what is under me.
    I know I will have more questions but I got my self so confused I forgot what they were at the moment.
    To view the new created map on both units do I need 2 cards or will it be displayed on the other unit through the Ethernet ?

On a off topic ? with creating a waypoint the core units shared the waypoint, I am not a fan off that and would rather have it hard on each unit, does the onix work the same way ?
    Last edited by Bass Boat TR21x05; 04-15-2015 at 06:09 AM.

You can save sonar recording to Blank SD Card for use with AutoChart PC Program. But must be exported to ZeroLine Card.

One thing you might want to do if you want instant mapping is use AutoChart LIVE built in the ONIX and save that data to the ZeroLine Card and you'll have instant mapping to use for practice and tournament
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

6. Member
    Doug, so if I use live and just record it to the zero line card can it then just be loaded onto the pc to look at things when at home ?

7. Member
    Yes, you should be able to view it on the computer. In AutoChart PC, you will probaby have to change the background map from Lakemaster default, to AC Custom, when you open the program though. Otherwise you'll just see lake outlines and not the map data you mapped in AutoChart Live.

I can't say with 100% certainty though, since I don't have an Onix, and haven't been able to experiment with AutoChart Live.

I don't think the LIVE data can be used in AutoChart PC since it is created in the unit but I'm going to check to make sure since I have not personally tried it yet
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

9. Member
    Here is what I've read about it...
    "With AutoChart Live, you do not need to take the ZeroLines SD card out of the unit to process the map."

And...
    "You WILL need to make sure that you set the save location on your Onix to the ZeroLines SD card slot. Otherwise the unit will
    record the data to internal storage (the on-board 8 hours) and not to the card."

I'll try to ask Jason more questions about AutoChart Live, and how it creates the map data on the ZeroLines SD card. If it does the same thing that the PC program does (puts the map data into an 'AC' folder), I would think that the AutoChart PC program could read all the map data that was created in AutoChart Live.

This thread is full of awesome info but I'm hoping for some clarification on my plans an upcoming trip. Lake is 30 feet over normal, running 2 networked Onix units. Have the lakemaster plus v1 chip in one unit, shared to other, and water level offset set to max (+30). The shoreline didn't move it just made my first contour at 31 feet. Now if I'm fishing on what the unit thinks is land (under 30 fow) can I run auto chart live on my console unit and it will show the new contours I create without eliminating the 1' contours in all water over 30' deep that the plus chip shows?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfaceSmallies View Post
    This thread is full of awesome info but I'm hoping for some clarification on my plans an upcoming trip. Lake is 30 feet over normal, running 2 networked Onix units. Have the lakemaster plus v1 chip in one unit, shared to other, and water level offset set to max (+30). The shoreline didn't move it just made my first contour at 31 feet. Now if I'm fishing on what the unit thinks is land (under 30 fow) can I run auto chart live on my console unit and it will show the new contours I create without eliminating the 1' contours in all water over 30' deep that the plus chip shows?
    The Auto Chart Live Data shows as an Overlay on the chart you are running (Lakemaster, Navionics, ect.). In the Auto Chart Live menu you can actually adjust the opacity of the Live layer so you can see the map contours underneath. I've never been in the situation you are in but I would say it will work fine.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I heard James is always too busy "tinkering" to fish....

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I heard James is always too busy "tinkering" to fish....

I actually fished four hours straight the other day playing with my 360........

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    AHHH..... Hooey!!
    You had a rod in your hand while tinkering!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Thanks for the response, will give it a shot and see what happens. I'm also having trouble with the aerial overlays on the plus chip. Found some info in the faq page on humminbirds site that said plus weren't compatible with onix yet so maybe that is my issue and a resolution will come with time?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfaceSmallies View Post
    Thanks for the response, will give it a shot and see what happens. I'm also having trouble with the aerial overlays on the plus chip. Found some info in the faq page on humminbirds site that said plus weren't compatible with onix yet so maybe that is my issue and a resolution will come with time?
    It says there will be a software update this month.

Hello. I have a 1198 and a laptop installed with Autochart. The laptop has no com port. The laptop has only USB. What cable do I need to purchase to autochart painted on note online map of the bottom ?

18. Member
    AS EC Chart is the only cable I know of, that will allow you to connect a laptop to your depthfinder. That cable has 1 end that connects to the Humminbird ethernet port on your 1198, and the other end of the cable looks like a typical computer network cable, that will plug into your laptop ethernet port. It allows you to do live mapping in AutoChart on your computer.

Here is the Cable: Humminbird | AS EC CHART
    --

20. Member
    I have an 898c SI, non HD Unit. It looks like this unit is not supported for the Autochart Live Maps. Is this true?

Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast