Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtfire View Post
    Doug or anybody, can I use the shoot through hull quad beam to record mapping for the auto chart pro? What is maximum speed a guy should run. My side imaging ducer is above water when on plane. I do have them both connected to my 999 with a Y cable.
    Newtfire, as long as you can get depth readings from a transducer, you're collecting sonar data that can be used in autochart. Even if you're running 40mph down the lake you're collecting depth data. Now, obviously you're going to collect more precise data while going a slower speed. So, for key fishing areas you'll probably want to keep it under 10mph, and maybe even slower.

But yet, your initial question, you should be able to get depth data from your quad beam transducer for autochart.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilco View Post
    Been having an issue with trying to chart a mid lake hump. I mapped it in my own boat using 998csi in down imaging mode and was loosing bottom on the odd turn going from 40 +' to 1.5 '. Tried yesterday with one of my buddies in his boat using 998hdcsi in side scan mode we did not loose bottom readings at any point but when I imported the tracks to the computer I have3-4' depths show up all over the place. What is the best setting and speed to use for charting? Here are some images from yesterday. Last question how do I go about removing all this corrupted data from the Auto charts program on my computer?
    Look at my tutorial on "how to remove bad data".

Looking at your 3rd screen capture, where it shows all of your data points, it is very apparent that on of your sonar recordings shows deep readings (the light blue/turquoise data points), and your other sonar recordings show all shallow depth readings (the red colored data points). In the hump area, you see the light blue and red points near each other, and that is why you have the crazy up-down-up-down contour lines.

Guessing, one of your sonar recordings didn't save the depth correctly, they may even be 0.0ft depth, and only gps coordinates.

Again, look at that tutorial and look at those points in AutoChart. You should be able to see which sets of data are incorrect.

Trackpoint Interval will make a difference too. AC User Guide recommends setting to 1 times per second.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Trackpoint Interval will make a difference too. AC User Guide recommends setting to 1 times per second.
    I don't think ththe trackpoint interval has anything to do with bilco's error. Looking at his data points, it is clearly obvious that either the points from the red sonar recording are bad, or the points from the light blue recording are bad.

5. Member
    Thanks guys I set the interval to 1 second. Is there a difference between recording in 2d di or si? Also which is the best to use?
    Thx Bill
    Lowe 07 ST190
    09 Merc 4 stroke
    6"hydraulic jackplate
    24 volt 80 lb Terrova with I Pilot
    1198 on bow
    998 at helm

6. Member
    Is there a way to edit the shoreline on the zero line card? I have found some real sloppy work with the shoreline that makes my map go crazy. Thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilco View Post
    Thanks guys I set the interval to 1 second. Is there a difference between recording in 2d di or si?
    Bilco, it makes no difference. A sonar recording collects ALL sonar data. So it is collecting 2D, DI, and SI data all at the same time, and the sonar recordings contains the raw data for all three. If you'd like to send me the .acd autochart files, I can take a look at the data points and probably tell you which file is messed up.

Also, changing the trackpoint interval to 1 second does not affect anything with sonar recordings (sonar recordings already plot data points every second, regardless of how you set the trackpoint interval). Trackpoint interval only affects how often your depthfinder plots a point for Humminbird Tracks (your boat path), which can also be imported into AutoChart.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AUgrad2002 View Post
    Is there a way to edit the shoreline on the zero line card? I have found some real sloppy work with the shoreline that makes my map go crazy. Thanks!
    AUgrad2002, there isn't a way to 'edit' the zerolines shoreline. You'd have to create your own custom shoreline for the lake that you want to fix, and then import that into Autochart. It isn't difficult to do, but would obviously be more work to create a shoreline for a large lake with lots of islands, versus a small pond. Send me a PM with the lake you're looking at, and I'll let you know how much work it'd be to create a custom shoreline for it.

9. Member
    I'm thinking about buying Autochart and had a couple of questions....

I live in MI and most of the lakes I fish are mapped by lakemaster but they are not HD. Will this give me a better/finer contour detail? What about really weedy areas where the depth fluctuates from true bottom to tops of weeds? I have the HB 1198 with the GPS puck not internal....will this be accurate enough? Is there a way to achieve better GPS position tracking? If I fish a lake that I've partially mapped, do I have to use my card for the mmapped areas and switch to my lakemaster card for the rest or will it overlay and be able to view both? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!

Mike

1) Depends on the pattern you choose to use as far as details the more criss crossing and closeness between passes the higher the details

2) The closer the GPS to transducer the more accuracy but I did one with ONIX Internal and the data close enough for my needs

3) You can only view one map source at a time. AutoChart, Lakemaster or Navionics (unless you have ONIX then it overlays the AutoChart LIVE Data)
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

11. Member
    3) I'm pretty sure you can set the Base Layer to your Lakemaster chip, and set the Overlay to your AutoChart Map. So you could have both up at the same time. Look at the ZeroLines SD card accessory manual. It will not work to do that with Navionics though.

Hey guys. Do I need to buy auto chart live pro if I get an onix? Or just a zero line card?

13. Member
    There is no AutoChart Live Pro.
    Just ...
    AutoChart (PC Software)
    AutoChart Pro (PC Software)
    AutoChart Live (Built in to Ion & Onix Units)

Just the ZeroLines card if you want to create more than 8hours worth. (Onix will save up to 8hrs of mapping data in it's internal memory. Beyond that, you'll need a ZeroLines SD card)

So auto chart the pc software comes with the onix already?

15. Member
    No.

AutoChart Live comes on the Onix. It allows you to create maps while on the water, live. (hence, the 'LIVE' name of AutoChart Live).

The pc computer programs are different. With the pc software, you have to save sonar recordings or tracks files, bring them home, and load them onto your computer, an import them into AutoChart or AutoChart Pro. AutoChart costs $200, AutoChart Pro costs $250.

If you have an Onix, you have AutoChart Live, and you do not need to buy AutoChart or AutoChart Pro. But you will need to buy a ZeroLines Sd card if you want to do much mapping.

Can you transfer the 8 hours worth to an sd card and start over?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    I don't think so. I think once you hit 8hrs, it just starts erasing the oldest data and records over it with the new data.

If you want more than 8hrs worth of mapping, you'll need to buy a ZeroLines SD card ($100).

On AutoChart LIVE you can select where the data is saved in the Internal Memory or to the ZeroLine SD Card. It's under the AutoChart LIVE sub menu when you select AutoChart LIVE
    --

19. Member
    Is there autochart card to use with Helix? it is not SD card but "mini SD" sorry for my english I'm french!

20. Member
    Yes, if you go to the Humminbird website, go to Cartography, and go to AutoChart. If you look at the manuals, and click on LKM_ProductList, you'll notice that the new ZeroLines SD cards are microSD + SD adapter. So use just the microSD card in Helix models, or use it with the SD adapter for 600-1100 series.

Order through Humminbird, and double/triple check that you're getting the microSD Zerolines Card.

http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/D...t.aspx?id=6391

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast