Removeal of Bench Seats in a 190 Super Pro

Has anyone ever removed the bench seat in a 190 Super Pro? I need to take the seat out to re-upholster it.

2. Member
    Yes, Screws are a PIA to remove but my seats look better than new for $350. Its worth it IMO.

3. Member
    How did you get to the screws? How many screws were holding the seat in place? I tried to find a video or something online to show how to get the thing out. This will be a project in the winter when I have the boat in storage and I can tear into it.

4. Member
    Good luck! I removed my bench seat back by cut the screws off with a hacksaw. I ran into a guy at a tournament with the same boat as mine (200 Super Pro) and he said he had to do the same thing. To exspensive to have the original seats redone. Went with new buckets from the boatseatstore.com. Glad I did because they are way more comfortable than the originals. Good Luck with the removal!!

I got thee backs off my 192 Super Pro by removing the inserts in seat back and unscreing the screws.

6. Member
    I cut mine as well...not a fun project!

7. Member
    If you pry out the center cushion on the bottom of the center seat, you can see the 2 screws. My center piece wouldn't come all the way out but I could pry it back far enough to get to the screws. The two bolts though the seat back were easy, it just took a little time to figure out how to get to the screws.

8. Member
    Photo of the completed seats
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Great looking seats!! Thinking about upgrading mine as well.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

10. Member
    It amazes me how not one person has answered the question!

They describe nothing and you get nothing.

It is all about me and that helps no one, such is Ameika today, so sad !

The center cushions are held in by a screw or two on each side of the frame.

They are hard to find but I asked the same question and found the answer .

On my Procraft they were and still are little vertical slits in the vinyl in the bottom cushion you must find with a Phillips screw underneath, do not give up, they are there!

The cushion comes up....................... all else is apparent.

Again the center cushion is the key .................push the fabric to the center of the seat and locate the screw slits!

Thanks for the last post. This gives me the option on recovering seat or replacing seats......

any pictures of these screw slits?
    Last edited by jimscia; 02-14-2015 at 05:49 PM.

12. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jkittlesen View Post
    It amazes me how not one person has answered the question!

They describe nothing and you get nothing.

It is all about me and that helps no one, such is Ameika today, so sad !

I think people could have been more descriptive but I do not think this was a " ME" situation here... As you know boats differ from year to year and model to model.. I have bucket seats that you have to pull

The center cushions are held in by a screw or two on each side of the frame.

They are hard to find but I asked the same question and found the answer .

On my Procraft they were and still are little vertical slits in the vinyl in the bottom cushion you must find with a Phillips screw underneath, do not give up, they are there!

The cushion comes up....................... all else is apparent.

Again the center cushion is the key .................push the fabric to the center of the seat and locate the screw slits!
    I think people could have been more descriptive but I do not think this was a "ME" situation here... As you know boats differ from year to year and model to model.. I have bucket seats that you have to pull the middle section out of to reach the screws, not just push upholstery to the side, thus I do not think we were referencing the same boat ... no need to get up in arms over this..
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

13. Member

USA

Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    I think people could have been more descriptive but I do not think this was a "ME" situation here... As you know boats differ from year to year and model to model.. I have bucket seats that you have to pull the middle section out of to reach the screws, not just push upholstery to the side, thus I do not think we were referencing the same boat ... no need to get up in arms over this..
    Thank you John W. Very descriptive answers. Still trying to find the screws on my 99 model 185 pro, . I think you just solved the problem. Good day!