Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

are Blazer and Bullets the same boats

i know they come from differant states but they sure look alike.are Blazer Boats made with Bullet molds?

2. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (MICHIGAN BASSEN MAN)

OH...This should be interesting But to answer your question....NO...

3. Member

Although they may look alike they are different boats. blazer has it's own mold, it's just what you like better.I personaly like the layout of the blazer better and that it's thousands of dollars less,but no their not the same boats.

BLAZERMAN
    202dc 250 hpdi

BLAZERMAN
    202DC 250HPDI

4. Louisiana Bass Club Moderator
    Well for starters Blazers ride better and hold more fuel,also cost less.Bullets are great boats but for the dollar Blazers are the way to go for me.
    JOHN202
    BLAZER 202 DC
    250HPDI

5. Member

Oh No not this again, fuel is being added to the fire.

The sent is out, the Bullet guy's are going to start cold tracking this one.

I believe I'll just sit back and watch this unfold
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

6. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (blazenmusky)

Oh well, ya'll know me. The boats are similar but different. From the sides, front, and back, they looks alot alike. From in the boat, they look completely different. The layouts are very different. It's a preference thing cause they are both great boats. And ya'll thought I was going to go on and on didn't ya'll.

Modified by chad202 at 3:58 PM 10/30/2004
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (chad202)

No fire here!!! No they are different boats, companies and molds.. Yes ther is a similarity in looks but that's were it stops.. They both have their good traits and not so good traits... It's all in the beholder.... Louis

8. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (chad202)

Well boys this one is made to order!!!!!

I own a bullet for only one reason!! I got a good deal on it!!
    I have owned a blazer and can say with out a dout that it was a great floater!!! and the price of the two boat are so far apart that it is un real!!!
    The bullet is hand laid and the blazer is chop gun!! Now is that reall a big deal!! I don't think so!!
    I think that the hulls are the small maybe some small difference to avoid patten laws....
    As for as lay out I like the triton tr-21 better then these two!!! If they would just make a triton tr-21 that weighted only 1200lbs or less!! Just can't see the need of a 1700lb boat!!!
    I would love for my 20xdc to have a 56 gal tank like the tr-21 but I would not like to have to fill the dam thing at todays prices!!!!

OK now go and reread this and yes it is me the old bulletbum that is making all of these outrages comments!!!!!

So if you are looking at the buying a boat and like these two then go get the best price you can an go that way!! You will more then likly end up with the blazer!! Unless you are like me and find that once in a live time deal on a bullet!!!!

Chad bet you did not see this one comming!!!!!

BULLET 20XDC
    200XS SHORT SHAFT
    TOP SPEED 82 GPS
    PERFORMANCE PROP

9. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (bulletbum)

I just wonted to add this. I didn't know this till last week, that blazers are hand laid hulls. Called the factory.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (blazenmusky)

The Blazer IS a splash of a Bullet Boat...it isn't that hard to see...LOL. I was told by Keith Craft a few years back that they bought a 20XD Bullet from a Bullet dealer in Louisiana, made a mold off it (with a few small changes) and called it a Blazer 202. Blazer's are chopper gun boats unless they just changed to a hand laid boat in the last year. It cost more money to hand lay a boat and it takes longer to build a hand laid boat so I would think they're still chopper gun boats. I think the boats they built today are good boats...I don't think some of first ones were because they were trying to build them light so they would run with a bullet. You can't build a light boat with a chopper gun because it won't hold up...that's why they're heavier today. I'm not bashing ANY boat...just stating the FACTS...it is a cheaper copy of a Bullet. The newer boats they're building today are looking a little less like a Bullet, but the basic hull design is still REAL close. As far as ridding better than a bullet...it's the same hull as a Bullet just a little heaiver so the ride isn't that much different. If the ride is better than a bullet all a Bullet owner would have to do would be to add more weight in his boat...same hull. As far as the fuel tank goes you can get either a 30 gal in the 20'er or a 36 gal in the 21'er. You can get reserve tanks in the boat which will give the 20'er a total of 52 gals and the 21'er a total of 58 gals of fuel. The Bullet does cost more then a Blazer on the average ($3-$4000 more) because it cost more to build a hand laid hull...plus Blazer didn't have to spend thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars in research and development....they just bought a used Bullet, changed a few things then made a mold.

Paul

Modified by Paul Nichols at 1:49 AM 11/3/2004

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (Paul Nichols)

Well said Paul, with some good points, now if you could just get that pretty Bullet of your to run like a Blazer, all would be good!

P&J FISHING ENTERPRISES
    \"HIGH PERFORMANCE FISHING\"

"How fast do you want to go?"
    [I]Blazer 202 DC - 300 Hammer

12. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (Vyper296)

good to see some fuel added to the fire besides we all know blazer is the better of the two.

BLAZERMAN

BLAZERMAN
    202DC 250HPDI

13. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (blazr21)

I agree in the layout of the boats sets them apart....

I bought a new 202 in 99 and it was a very good and very good looking boat.
    The ride was good and the speed was ok and the price was very good and that
    helped alot. IT'S not as fast as a 20 ft Bullet but it may ride a little better just
    because of the weight..........Now I have a 21xd Bullet and I like it MUCH
    BETTER and would not go back it suits my needs better in what I like in a
    boat .

Boats are like pickup trucks???????? all have 4 wheels and bed to put stuff in,
    some haul a lot of stuff and some haul a little stuff I'm just glad we have them
    to get our stuff/fish around...................

14. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (toslow)

New guy from Canada here, but many years ago in another lifetime, I ran a chopper gun. The big sin and the fear out there is NOT because of the machinery, it is the man behind it. If you can flow a gun like you would a sprayer for auto paint - VERY consistantly, you can make a great boat with a VERY consistant rat of fibre to resin - THAT is what we want (assuming no bubbles)

Think of it like this - It is like saying that you should have you house built ONLY with guys using hammers, not air powered nailers, because they are "HAND LAID"

What is the GREAT thing about hand laying, is that we can use products like 1708, that have both matt and stand stitched. That can save time and for those of you that do not know, woven roving is old technology, you want biaxial stitched strand with matt.

Cheers!

15. BBC SPONSOR

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (MarkOrge)

Bullet does make a 100% composite boat with no wood.

My 21xdc holds 58 gallons of fuel.

Been in a blazer 1 time, dont know what model cuz it was wrapped, but it did not ride as well as the 21xdc.

I got in this forum cuz I fat fingered the mouse and thought i clicked the bullet forum

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

16. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (Tim Powell)

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (MIKE B)

The ride in a boat has a lot to do with driver.... Trim angle, Load = balance... My son drives his car better than my wife...same car.. go Figure.. must be his shoes ....
    Fear-This
    2000 202 pro v / 04 250 Hpdi 27 T1 Work
    15" Rapid jack 1 1/2 inch below Pad
    Tourney Loaded Wot 80.6 gps
    Light 83.9 gps

18. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (Fear-This)

They both turn heads at the ramp and on the water.

19. Member

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (Bada$$Bullet)

Bullets and Blazers turn their heads when they go by them!

Re: are Blazer and Bullets the same boats (MarkOrge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MarkOrge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New guy from Canada here, but many years ago in another lifetime, I ran a chopper gun. The big sin and the fear out there is NOT because of the machinery, it is the man behind it. If you can flow a gun like you would a sprayer for auto paint - VERY consistantly, you can make a great boat with a VERY consistant rat of fibre to resin - THAT is what we want (assuming no bubbles)

Think of it like this - It is like saying that you should have you house built ONLY with guys using hammers, not air powered nailers, because they are "HAND LAID"

What is the GREAT thing about hand laying, is that we can use products like 1708, that have both matt and stand stitched. That can save time and for those of you that do not know, woven roving is old technology, you want biaxial stitched strand with matt.

Cheers!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. This thread has been gone for almost 5 years. Howd you find it? First post too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast