Thread: My New Ride

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Great looking bike!

Thanks !!! Everyone!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    He's got a harder ass than me if he is doing 500 miles a day on a Dyna anything.
    Hell, I have trouble doing 500 mi in a car.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

4. Member
    Nice looking bike.
    98 champion 203 dc, yamaha 225 vmax, 10" detweiler jack plate, yamaha 27" pitch prop.

Rolled up on 1200 miles this evening. Gotta get this thing to the dealer for the 1000 mile check up.

Wow! Suh-weetttttttt
    I love the New Colors.... I was Picking up mine in Service at Great South HD They were unloading New Bikes from The Factory, and I'm glad to see the New color combos HD has came out with...

Nice Ride Congrats....---------

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    Hell, I have trouble doing 500 mi in a car.
    I couldn't sit on my couch for 9 hours a day.

One of these days I hope to give it a try. Maybe not 500 but at least 400.

9. Banned
    Good looking MC. We were so close to pulling the trigger on a 14, but didn't. Put some money into my 07 ultra instead. Just did a 9 day 2200+ mile trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. 07 ultra was a dream. I have done some upgrades to the tune of 7K, so couldn't part with her.

Enjoy the new ride, and hope you enjoy it.

10. Banned
    We rode around 11 hours a day Sat and Sunday both ways. Hit every HD dealer we could to pick up poker chips and window shop for a minute. Not bad if you have the right seat!

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Good looking MC. We were so close to pulling the trigger on a 14, but didn't. Put some money into my 07 ultra instead. Just did a 9 day 2200+ mile trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. 07 ultra was a dream. I have done some upgrades to the tune of 7K, so couldn't part with her.

Enjoy the new ride, and hope you enjoy it.
    I really like the new ride. Just brought it home frome the 1k service. Actually had over 1400 on it. They found a leak in the oil cooler so that is on order and will be replaced. This bike is SO MUCH stiffer than the 08 RG that I had. The 09 frame change and this years addition of the larger diameter fork tubes make this thing handle very well. None of the cornering wobble that the 08 had.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    I really like the new ride. Just brought it home frome the 1k service. Actually had over 1400 on it. They found a leak in the oil cooler so that is on order and will be replaced. This bike is SO MUCH stiffer than the 08 RG that I had. The 09 frame change and this years addition of the larger diameter fork tubes make this thing handle very well. None of the cornering wobble that the 08 had.
    After riding 2200K miles, I realized I need to change my fork oil, and also may switch over to air ride on my ultra. I rode my buddies 07 CVO ultra, and it feels nothing like mine. The upgraded suspension on the CVO is so much better. Feels more like the 14 year model. Heavy duty fork oil is supposed to give you a good solid ride. I'll find out this week.

I could probably use about a 5w heavier oil in the forks. Its a bit soft on impact of bumps and sharp dips.

14. Banned
    I bought a lift, SE heavy fork oil, and changed my fork oil. It made a HUGE difference. It's literally like a new bike. The CVO ride has nothing on my bike now. LOL. Except that the CVO has a 110 and I have a 96.....
    Seriously though, the fork oil absolutely take care of the softness, dips, and feeling every crack in the road.

Took the bike in this past monday to have the oil cooler leak fixed. Brought it home wednesday. Now has a little over 2K. It will be 8 weeks old tomorrow.

Excellent color choice.. Love that two tone!

Thanks, I was looking at a Blue and Black 2 tone that the wife liked. I really have a thing for the darker wine colored reds so it won out. I also got a bike with the security system for the same price that the blue/black would have been. It will be 12 weeks old tomorrow evening and I have almost 3300 miles on it.

I barely have 60 miles on my new 2015 HD Tri Glide.. Its amazing the systems they put on these today.. The FOB is a great feature!

You need to get out and put some miles on that sucker!!!

Going to tomorrow... Darn rain started a day after I bought it and finally cleared Fri..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast