Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    JT post a picture of the valve installed in the fuel line prior to putting it back on the tank neck please. I was remiss in doing that on my original post.

2. Member
    If I get to it before JT I can post one as well....
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    If anybody is interested, I have a couple of these Perko valves I bought for my boat that won't fit into the fuel fill lines as they are much smaller than the standard 1.5" size. I think mine are only about 3/4", and as best I can tell, none of these are made for lines that size. I'll ship them to whoever wants them for $20 which is a fair bit less than I paid for them.
    I'll take them off your hands if you still have them
    2008 Z520 250 proxs 1B547930

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twulf View Post
    I'll take them off your hands if you still have them
    Need to jump back in:
    Look at the original post in this thread and the two pictures from mikesxpress. These are what you need in your fuel line from gas cap to tank. The line is 1-1/2" ID and the "back-splash" valve fits very snugly inside.
    The fuel hose size is even shown in the second picture. Anything that is about 3/4" is not going to work !!

Here is the Perko part number again ..... I don't think Perko manufactures them any longer, but if you search for them they are likely still available somewhere.

PERKO
    In-Hose Fuel Check Valve
    Model # 14981393
    MFG # 0635DP0

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/perko...alve--14981393
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Oh I need this badly. There appears to be a new in pipe fitting part 0636 ICV but I can’t find that either.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    JT post a picture of the valve installed in the fuel line prior to putting it back on the tank neck please. I was remiss in doing that on my original post.
    Will do!

7. Member
    You know I never had that problem with my boat filling it up. Z118 with a single tank. I dont know if I am getting it filled up or not but I rarely put more than 10 gallons in it at any one time.

8. Member
    Mine pukes every time. I have a valve on order.
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Ham View Post
    Mine pukes every time. I have a valve on order.
    Yeah we have the same rig except I have the F150 4 stroke. Funny we dont have the same issue. Mine puked up the first time I filled it and then quit doing it.

10. mikesxpress
    No rhyme or reason to the puke issue on any boats. Not just Ranger. My Z boat with two tanks did it on both and the fill lines were not pinched or deformed in any way so I chalk it up to venting.
    I am curious if this is also an issue with the newer Nitrangers (Johnny Wad built boats)? I believe they have the carbon canister venting system vs venting directly to the air??

Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    No rhyme or reason to the puke issue on any boats. Not just Ranger. My Z boat with two tanks did it on both and the fill lines were not pinched or deformed in any way so I chalk it up to venting.
    I am curious if this is also an issue with the newer Nitrangers (Johnny Wad built boats)? I believe they have the carbon canister venting system vs venting directly to the air??
    No, this has been a long standing issue.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

13. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    No, this has been a long standing issue.
    ??

14. mikesxpress

15. Member
    Mike, do you know if the port side fill line is straight or angled? It’s such a short run. Want to replace mine but not sure what to order as there are angled fill lines. I’ve got a 2005 520vx. Thought you might know.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

16. mikesxpress
    Robert your going to have to pull the seats and check.

17. Member
    I'm wondering why the Boat Mfg's don't install these from the get go, makes me think, " is there a disadvantage for having these installed" but from what I'm reading, it sounds like a no brainier.

18. Member
    As much as it costs to fill up my boat I'm going to take as long as possible.

19. Member
    What a coincidence, I was just on the Ranger boats forum last week when I saw a post that read does anyone need these, and it was just what y'all are talking about, the perko anti splash valves from Super 91, and he was giving away four of these check valves, for free to first ones that responded and I guess I happened to be the first and received two of them, he even paid postage, I offered to pay shipping but he said not necessary, received them over the weekend and putting them in this week, was really appreciative, and very nice,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12