Thread: The New Margay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I just dont understand why BCB did not fill in that spot to the left of the rod box where it extends. Or just do as many small boats have done and make it a staright center rod box. With storage to the sides.

2. Member

Re: (tanker4lyfe)

If they filled that area in, then there would be no possibility of a passenger console.

And that bumpout allows for 8' rods to fit. Just because it's not a 20' boat, doesn't mean we gotta fish with short rods
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Member
    If the filled it in they would still be able to add a second console it just may not be removable.

4. Member

Re: (tanker4lyfe)

If they filled that area in, there wouldn't be much room for the second console.

I can measure the distance of the bumpout to the seats when I go back down to where I keep mine stored, but I can assure you, it's not much.
    -David Daye

5. Member

Re: (1781ccT)

I measured the bumpout from the seats - it's about 19".

Not a lot of room to sit and have a console in front of you. You're legs would really be up underneatch the console, and probably against the underside of it.

Also, would have a pretty unbalanced look to have the passenger console that far behind the helm.
    -David Daye

7. Member

Re: (Bass Cat Boats)

Looks like progress is still being made!

Tanker4lyfe, the bow-facing squared base of the console looks to be what will fill in that "notch" between the bumpout and the port locker. If the "notch" were already filled in by extending the port locker, there'd be no room for the 2nd console. Hope I didn't butcher the explanation, and that makes a little sense
    -David Daye

I fell and busted my butt just looking at that rod locker protrusion.
    Aside from that, I like!
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

9. Member

Re: (SkeeterDD22)

I've found one useful function of that protrusion is transitioning from the front deck to the back deck (to a rear storage compartment, for instance) is made easier by the fact I don't have to step down to the center of the boat, then back up to the deck. Instead, I just step from the protrusion, to the center seat, then the rear deck.

-David Daye

Showed some friends the Margay,everyone liked it but we can't get past that ugly cutout.Front deck does not look symetrical.Couldn't spend $25,000 because that would be on my mind.I didn't realize one piece 8" rods were so important.

Re: (boatinpete)

They are if you have them.

12. Member

Wow that is a pure fishing boat. Awesome for getting start or even better those millions of lakes that you just want to get out there and fish...

13. Member

Re: (Bass Cat Boats)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Bass Cat Boats &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">They are if you have them. </td></tr></table>

It would be to me, I love the looks of this boat, I personally don't want a "big" boat, I fish alot of small lakes and this boat looks perfect, I just saw my first pics yesterday and was blown away. I personally like the fact I wouldn't have to have my flippin stick sitting on the deck the whole time, and I could still pull this thing with my v6 ranger pretty easily. this will probably be the one when the time comes hopefully in the fall! Kudos to BCB for designing a "small" boat that has great storage, I personally think it will be a huge seller, with the way gas prices are going not everyone wants a 20+' with a big 225 or more!

14. Member

Re: (boatinpete)

No where in the rules does it say all compartment lids etc have to be the same. But, thats what people are used to right now. A small pop in deck extension that covers the cut out but leaves the floor open(maybe with a shallow glove box would work wonders on those that won't give it a chance based on what its supposed to look like.

15. Member

Re: (jcdogfish)

Or, the passenger console that is available
    -David Daye

16. Member

Cool

The inability to be able to store 8 foot one-piece rods is a deal breaker for me. I own an St. Croix Legend Tournament Magnum Cranker (7' 10"), an older St. Croix medium-heavy Avid Salmon/Steelhead rod (8'), an older St. Croix heavy Wild River rod (8'), an older custom built X-Heavy swim-bait rod (8') based on St. Croix Legend Tournament blank, and a Falcon Outtasight (8')

I also have at least a half-dozen more rods that run longer than 7' long.

I'm a firm believer that long cast are less likely to disturb fish, so a prefer long rods. If I could find a good 9' long one piece extra-heavy swim-bait rod I'd buy it, or the blank for it.

One reason for this is that I only live 40 minutes from Lake Fork. When I fish there I really scale up on the the power of the rods that I'm using, and scale up on line strength as well.

"Fluke — I am you Father."

The rod boxes do accommodate 8' rods in the offset area. Your asking. 17' 7" boat to hold 8' rods, and this one does that.

Think about how many 17' boats have a place spanning almost half their length which can be dedicated to holding rods.

18. Member
    Yes i do believe thats pretty cool we have one of the designers responding to our comments. means the company cares about our opinions. WTG

19. Member
    Any pics with the passenger console installed. Trying to talk the wife into letting me get one.

20. Member
    BCB may have some additional insight, but i'm sure there haven't been many Margay's sold with DC. I found a thread from back in Feb '13, that there was only 1 made and it was a prototype.
    2012 Bass Cat Margay / 150hp ProXS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast