"Sea Dek" type material on Lynx

Has anyone replaced the grip tape areas with a Sea Dek type material on a Lynx or other BCB? I'm considering replacing the grip tape as well as the cockpit area and was wondering if there are patterns already designed by Sea Dek or another company. I saw BCB has a test material in the cockpit of Andrew Upshaw's Eyre. I was curious as to what BCB was using. I think Sea Dek may not be durable enough......especially in the cockpit.

The material in Andrew Upshaw’s boat is PVC and not EVA flooring. It appears to be more durable than SeaDeck we use on Yar-Craft. Andrew is not a clean freak which makes him a good test module. The flooring is holding up alright and he likes it. We are obviously prepping for a 2022 option there and we didn’t hide it.

We DO NOT suggest the flooring for those who don’t take very good care of their boats and replacement will be expensive. Because of the complex cockpits with the depth of the floor, we do use it in combination with carpeting.

BCB

3. Member
    Thanks BCB.... I'll wait until your flooring is available and will order from you. I can see why the carpet combo is necessary around the hotfoot area. Let us know when it is available.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Has anyone replaced the grip tape areas with a Sea Dek type material on a Lynx or other BCB? I'm considering replacing the grip tape as well as the cockpit area and was wondering if there are patterns already designed by Sea Dek or another company. I saw BCB has a test material in the cockpit of Andrew Upshaw's Eyre. I was curious as to what BCB was using. I think Sea Dek may not be durable enough......especially in the cockpit.

Do you have a link or pictures of Andrew’s set up?

Go over to Youtube and look at his 2021 boat review or setup video, he shows it on there.

6. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Here is the video.

2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The material in Andrew Upshaw’s boat is PVC and not EVA flooring. It appears to be more durable than SeaDeck we use on Yar-Craft. Andrew is not a clean freak which makes him a good test module. The flooring is holding up alright and he likes it. We are obviously prepping for a 2022 option there and we didn’t hide it.

We DO NOT suggest the flooring for those who don’t take very good care of their boats and replacement will be expensive. Because of the complex cockpits with the depth of the floor, we do use it in combination with carpeting.

BCB
    I recently sold my multi-species rig which had SeaDeck flooring as I'm looking to downsize and just bass fish (thus my interest in Bass Cat). Anyway, I take very good care of my items as I like things organized, neat and well maintained. SeaDeck is a PAIN IN THE A-- to keep clean. The dust from your athletic shoes will mark it up. After a day of fishing it will look trashed. I hated the stuff as a high foot traffic covering. You have beautiful shiny fiberglass, nice upholstery and a rough looking floor. I acknowledge it's just aesthetics but it doesn't look good at all once it's off the showroom floor. I'd like to see SeaDeck in rod lockers instead of carpeting, but for the floor I'm sticking with tried and true carpet.

Also, someone told me they made the mistake of taking their boat with SeaDeck to a carwash and the power spray severely damaged the flooring. I always cleaned mine with a soft scrub brush, simple green and a low pressure garden hose.

8. Banned
    Whoever first thought carpet was a good Idea in a bass boat was an idiot.

9. Member
    I personally think carpet works really well in a Bass Boat, but to each their own!

10. Member
    I put some seadeck on a deck extension that contained storage and an ice chest. It was a good test for me to check it out before ever having it in my boat. I really didn't like the stuff. It gets dirty and is hard to clean. For me, carpet is far superior.
    To 190SCR, people started putting carpet in boats at least as far back as the 1960's.We even put it on the floor of aluminum jonboats and canoes. It made them a whole lot quieter, so we didn't scare off fish. And when there is frost on the boat, much safer to step into and move around in. And on those frosty mornings, carpet grip is exponentially better than seadeck..
    Carpet was and is a great idea. I doubt millions are wrong.

11. Member
    Maybe BCB can answer this, but my Ranger has the composite (not sure what brand it is) on the floor in the console area and I do keep it clean, but really like it over carpet after two seasons. I have to store the boat covered and the console area takes forever to dry out when it is carpet. I do like having carpet on the back and front deck.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    Maybe BCB can answer this, but my Ranger has the composite (not sure what brand it is) on the floor in the console area and I do keep it clean, but really like it over carpet after two seasons. I have to store the boat covered and the console area takes forever to dry out when it is carpet. I do like having carpet on the back and front deck.
    I'll second this option as the only thing I like... over a Ranger... compared to a Cat.

Get on the facebook group alot of guys with Eyras have put sea deck in their floor boards and really like it.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

14. Member
    Deans Top & Canvas-Mountain Home, Arkansas
    870-425-6189