Thread: Day 4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Congrats brotha!!!!!
    To our troops

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I quit 1-1-2015 and stayed quit till Dove season. I quit again a little over 3 weeks ago, hoping to get it done this time, I really want to. I don't seem to have an issue with cravings till I drink a beer, guess I got to quit beer too
    Let's not get carried away here.

Quittin is easy.. I have done it a million times!!!!

4. Member
    I quit 1-1-2015 and stayed quit till Dove season. I quit again a little over 3 weeks ago, hoping to get it done this time, I really want to. I don't seem to have an issue with cravings till I drink a beer, guess I got to quit beer too
    You're not drinking enough beer.

5. Member
    Funny you posted about this. I got 7 cans in the cabinet,,when there gone I'm quitting. Been dipping 37 years..Going to use those 7 cans and dip less each day till it's all gone. A can usually lasts me 2 days.
    Ugh, I think I heard that before.
    Do it this time. You have two months till Dove season I know you can.

Hell, I've tried to quit probably 5-6 times. Hopefully it'll stick this time, I'm going to do my best. Been over 3 weeks and all is well.

7. Member
    Hang in there guys.. going on 8 months myself

a little advise.. these REALLY helped me.. I had been dipping for 30+ years and these little guys killed the cravings...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Loz...08-Ct/10324743

8. Member
    Hell, I've tried to quit probably 5-6 times. Hopefully it'll stick this time, I'm going to do my best. Been over 3 weeks and all is well.
    Man, you've got it beat. It's all mental now. I can't tell you when that craving will stop. I still have them every day. I just understand that the near death experience will pass after a minute or two.

9. Member
    I quit in 2000. Used the mint stuff for about 5 months then dropped it.
    The mint snuff was kind of good and it killed the urge to have a dip in my lip. Which I believe is half the battle.

10. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Going on 8 years for me. It still grinds on me. Not while I am fishing or working around the place, but when I am idle. The drive home after a good day of fishing. Or, sitting on the back patio watching the sunlight fade away. The craving are still present this many years later.

Good Luck !!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

11. Member
    4 years.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Congrats, Cliff

13. Banned
    Wish i could quit

Hell I quit about 10:00 pm last night. Made it all night!!!!! Started again about 6:30am this morning. Gonna try again about 10:30 tonight. Wish me luck..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Hell I quit about 10:00 pm last night. Made it all night!!!!! Started again about 6:30am this morning. Gonna try again about 10:30 tonight. Wish me luck..
    Good luck. I would wake up and get a dip every night around 2-3am.

Congratz, Cliff!!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Congrats!

18. Member
    You can do it. First week the was the worst and I loved Cope long cut for over 20 years and quit cold turkey. It was very, very hard but after day 14 it wasn't as bad. I guess its a detox thing. Keep Going you got it!

19. Member
    Keep it up. My son is a pathologist and he said snuff is a major cause of oral cancer and that usually results in serious disfigurement when they are trying to save your life. A friend of mine and long time snuff user is struggling with oral cancer and his next option if the chemo/radiation does not work, is to have half his face removed. Tobacco in any form is a very evil product.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Keep it up. My son is a pathologist and he said snuff is a major cause of oral cancer and that usually results in serious disfigurement when they are trying to save your life. A friend of mine and long time snuff user is struggling with oral cancer and his next option if the chemo/radiation does not work, is to have half his face removed. Tobacco in any form is a very evil product.
    Oh man. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. The fear of exactly that is what made me put it down. I had actually wondered how I would explain a diagnosis like that to my son, knowing it could have been prevented. When I would allow myself to really think about it, it would scare me. I knew it was time to walk away from it. You're right about it being evil. It should not be legal. Again, sorry to hear about what your friend is going through. Thanks for sharing the story though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast