Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    no I won't be fishin it but i"ll be there. Our Tourney director is solo for this one and I may ride along with him and pester him on how I'd fish the Wingo totally different. The Conowingo can be great and it can be horrible....Not sure what Sunday will bring.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

The Ratz are supposed to be up there Saturday however another guy shot out an email to all today about the conditions. Our meeting Wednesday night so we may change locations. I already broke a lower up there years ago from a floater not visible. I don't want to do it again. It's not cheap and it's not safe.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

We have a club tx up there sunday, I'll see you there John. Hopefully conditions aren't horrible.

Was up there last weekend, had to launch at the power plant because of all the wood at the other launch. Wood floating everywhere in the water and with white caps very difficult to see.
    2007 Stratos 285 XL with a 2012 Yamaha 150 VMAX

I'm going to pass that info along to the guys in my club. I was going to go last weekend but stayed local after all of the reports of poor conditions.

The Ratz decided to launch out of Joppatown an go up to the lake in Oct. No need to put us and the boats at that much extra risk.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Looking like we are moving our club on sunday as well. Just waiting on the official word tomorrow.

8. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Y'all are smart!! Our club appears to be sticking with the Conowingo and launching up north.

Well just got the official word that we will not be moving to joppatown. We will still be at conowingo on sunday. Still launching from Glen Cove. Maybe I'll see you on the water John.

10. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Glen Cove :

I hope it clears up for you guys.

We launched out of Jtowne and I'm glad cause I caught nearly 12 pounds to win it and put in the lead YTD. From what I understand it would have been real hard to catch 12 pounds up on the lake this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    We launched out of Jtowne and I'm glad cause I caught nearly 12 pounds to win it and put in the lead YTD. From what I understand it would have been real hard to catch 12 pounds up on the lake this weekend.
    Nice Job! How far around from Dundee is Jtowne's ramp? Its gotta be deeper than Dundee is, rite? I talked to someone at the marina last week and was told its really only been 4-5' deep for a few yrs, till you get out some, but then not much deeper. I'm only asking because I really dont know the area well. Haven't been outa there in quite some time. Lookin to go out Sat or Sunday and mill around and take some mental notes. I Fired the motor this weekend and it sounds like its ready to go! I love the smell of 2-strks
    1990 DynaTrak 166 STE / Yamaha 115

13. Member
    Only a few miles and once you get out of dundee the channel is marked into joppatown

2009 Skeeter 20I 250 Yamaha HPDI

Any water to fish will be 5' or less in the Dundee gunpowder area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12