Thread: Boat and setup

Boat and setup

Hello my name is Bill and I got my boat back in February it is a 207 dc with a 200 Johnson venom, pro hi-jacker jack plate and a raker 24.
    have not done anything to the boat till tonight and need to try out new setup the motor was all the way down on the jackplate so i raise it to 3.25" from pad, can't wait to see if that help it out.
    Anyway thanks for the forum.

Billboat.jpg

Might want to check out this thread. There is another guy on the Sprint forum that just recently asked the same question and it sounds like you might be on the right track. http://www.bbcboards.net/sprint-boat...t-207-pro.html
    By the way...welcome to the BBC boards. There are a lot of great guys/gals here with tons of knowledge and a little sarcasm too...

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!!! You're on the right track. The Sprints seem to respond well to the 3.25 setting all in all. The 207 is rated for a 225 so you'll probably not see a big change, but anytime you get the lower further out of the water you're creating less drag. I've ran mine up as high as 2" below pad with no problems....higher than that it seems to lose water pressure. Let us know how much set back on the plate, what your wot rpms are, and take notice what the rpms are when you first jump on it, before they start to climb or the bow drops over. All these things help with the performance. Also let us know the model # of your engine, there are some things that can help it to live a long life...

4. Member
    01 297 dc with a 200 merc
    I hope someone can help me out. I just bought this boat and it has a 4 blade 25p prop, trim tabs, and a manual jackplate. It has a 200 hp efi merc. It seemed to struggle on the hole shot. Also is steers quite hard so im thinking it might need some cables. Does anyone have any advice? Im not sure of top speed but it didn't seem to go all that fast. I didn't have a gps with me today.