Thread: Hey RT Owners!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Another upgrade I did was install new battery trays. I took out the old plastic TH Marine trays, replaced them with the RMC Battery Mate single trays (3), they are rock solid, plus they have a ratchet strap that holds the battery down without the worry of the strap loosening up over time, it won't loosen up until I take it loose.

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Another upgrade I did was install new battery trays. I took out the old plastic TH Marine trays, replaced them with the RMC Battery Mate single trays (3), they are rock solid, plus they have a ratchet strap that holds the battery down without the worry of the strap loosening up over time, it won't loosen up until I take it loose.
    After you posted that I know without a doubt my next set of new batteries will get these trays. They look awesome and the price isnt bad at all.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raindogs2 View Post
    Thanks for the tip about construction cones; good idea.

I used pvc in the holes for the seat on the front deck. It comes up about a foot then 45 degrees to a longer piece.. Then down to the step up between the driver and passenger seats . I installed a T there .. With the cover on it makes a nice little bow that let's water roll off ..

4. Member
    Gotta pic?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetale View Post
    Gotta pic?
    Will post one tomorrow ..

Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Here is the PVC support I made. It mounts in the front deck seat hole and sits on the floor in front of the "buddy" seat between the driver and passenger seats .. Real simple but works great ..

image.jpg

8. Member
    So the end sits in the seat pedestal hole on the bow and the T rests on the middle seat?

Thats really cool. I like that and it would be easy to install and remove. Great idea!
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Like the PVC note for the cover and picture. I can see one in my future...

One change I made was caused by me noticing a friend's metal boat paint wear areas. It was especially bad on both sides of the front seat where you might put your feet on the top metal edge while sitting and fishing. I took some of the clear plastic sheeting that people use for rock guards on car panels and hood fronts. We also have used some for the front of RVs to protect the paint. I cut strips about 3 ft long and installed on both sides of the front seat top metal. I wrapped it under the metal on the interior side and went down to the rubber bumper strip on the outside to protect the paint. Unless you knew it was there you would never see it and I got some the other day to do the rear tops also. It is sort of like installing a decal but crystal clear and very strong and scratch resistant. If it ever looks bad I can take a dryer and remove it and put another piece on.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    Metsfan ... Yep .. I don't have the middle seat so it sits between them. Same thing tho . The T gives it side to side stability the bow pedestal hole helps it bow .. Works great for mine. Adjust the length as needed :).

12. Member
    Panama .. Like the clear plastic guard idea on the front. Was thinking about some type of no slip tape but may do that instead

all great ideas !!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    Like the PVC note for the cover and picture. I can see one in my future...

One change I made was caused by me noticing a friend's metal boat paint wear areas. It was especially bad on both sides of the front seat where you might put your feet on the top metal edge while sitting and fishing. I took some of the clear plastic sheeting that people use for rock guards on car panels and hood fronts. We also have used some for the front of RVs to protect the paint. I cut strips about 3 ft long and installed on both sides of the front seat top metal. I wrapped it under the metal on the interior side and went down to the rubber bumper strip on the outside to protect the paint. Unless you knew it was there you would never see it and I got some the other day to do the rear tops also. It is sort of like installing a decal but crystal clear and very strong and scratch resistant. If it ever looks bad I can take a dryer and remove it and put another piece on.
    I've heard of doing this before and they say it works good!

That clear plastic Panama is talking about is good stuff. The stuff I have worked with was made by 3M and is a great product and is easy to work with. That is a very good idea.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member

steering wheel / handle

i replaced my handle with a 518 glass ranger passenger side hard handel bolt pattern the same.i use that or if its not windy the steering wheel. with a short 1/4 inch rope or a bungy cord. after doing the middel cleat thing

16. Banned
    The flux capacitor has seen its 1.21 gigawatts

17. Member
    On my RT188; I put 2” holes in the front of the rod locker, and each of the front storage boxes then covered them with SS vent covers. I put four 2” holes inside the rod locker (two per side) through to the storage boxes. This provides ventilation which eliminated condensation in all three compartments.

18. Member
    Holy thread resurrections Batman!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

Rod struts for front storage boxes minus cooler. Also added VT2 vents to my livewell lid. Will be cleaning up my crank battery accessories with some bus bars and a perko switch.
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12