new charger + new battery = issues HELP!!

Ok so I recently had TM problems, before I found out it was the TM I replaced the batteries and charger.(went from a 2 bank triton charger, to a 3 bank minn kota 330d. now the cranking battery wont hold charge, not even for 1 min. as soon as I trim the motor down, it dies. I didn't disconnect anything from the cranking battery, just added the leads to the cranking battery. everything is hooked up right. something is draining It that fast. battery tests good, and charger charges trolling batteries like a dream. any ideas on what can be causing it to drain the cranking battery in a matter of seconds?? thanks for any help, im going insane!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say unless you hooked up the new charger wrong (and I really don't think that is the case) your cranking battery is no good.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Assuming your new charger is working. I agree with JimR. I think your battery is toast.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

It can have a dead cell and still show charged. However, it cannot hold a load. Sounds like you need a new battery.

Try charging it with a portable.
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

Your charger may not be charging the cranking battery if it was drained to low. The protective circuitry in the automatic charger is saying its a bad battery and not charging it. Put a manual charger on it for an hour or so and then try the onboard charger again to see if it picks up on it.

If battery is too low for the charger circuitry to pick up, you can use jumper cables and jumper a good 12 volt battery to battery that is low to "tease" the charger into seeing 12 Volts. I've done this a couple of time and actually saved the battery but I use a manual charger. Key is not to leave the good battery hooked up too long. I've never left mine more than 20 minutes.