Thread: Other HOBBIES?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    mowing the grass

I can only do one hobby, excessively, compulsively, at a time. I'm just that kind of person. I used to be into high power rocketry thus the user name. One of my rockets was 8 1/2' tall, 8" in diameter and weighed 85 pounds on the launch pad. Talk about acceleration....a 4 second burn would thrust it to 7,000 feet!! It carried two altimeters in payload bay which would deploy a 5' drogue chute at apogee and a 16' military cargo chute at 1,000 feet. After "burning" over 10,000.00 in a year, I decided to give it up

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

For 10 years I auto raced in the SCCA. Got married and moved on. Now pretty much fishing.

Shooting, reloading, pour some bullets, soft plastic baits and spinnerbaits and supporting the tackle monkey. Not enough days in the week to have fun with it all.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

5. Member
    Killing deer!
    2021 Phoenix 21Phx DC 250 Pro Xs 12" Atlas (4) Garmin 1006sv 112 Ultrex, C-channle, SeaDeck
    2018 Phoenix 721 ProXp 250 250 Yamaha SHO
    2015 Phoenix 920 ProXP 250 Merc
    2011 Phoenix 721 ProXP 250 Merc

6. Banned
    use to hot rod(drag race), play softball, bowl and hunt but have lost the desire to do them so i only keep up the yard/house since retired, babysit the grand-baby and shoot whenever i get the chance.

7. Member
    I used to race SCCA. Now it's R/C airplanes and "Old Time" music when I'm not fishing. I've been downsizing the planes from over 80" wingspan to 48"-72". I sold the trailer I hauled planes in and bought my first bass boat ('89 glass Bass-Tracker w/ Johnson 90 hp). I play hammer dulcimer and mountain dulcimer when the weather is bad...

Beer league hockey. Gets me through the winter.

9. Member
    Guitar, astronomy, birding, gardening and photography.

Also, collecting antique / classic film cameras.

Tom

10. Member
    smoking some BBQ, camping, motorcycle riding

11. Member
    Until 2 years ago yesterday, I raced MX, enduros, and hare scrambles. I broke my back in five places, so that's done.
    I am OCD, so when I get into something, look out. I have been into:
    Shooting
    Beer making
    Competition BBQ
    Guitars/Bass
    Photography
    Men's league hockey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    I can only do one hobby, excessively, compulsively, at a time. I'm just that kind of person.
    You described me as well! You used to do crazy ass rocket stuff and spent gobs of money on it....I used to race dirtbikes and spent gobs of money on it. I can't do more than 1 thing at a time. First it was fishing with dad. Then i got my license and started rock climbing. Climbed all over the country in between school and college over a span of about 8 years which ended in a bad avalanche that left me laid up for 3 months. Then it was racing dirtbikes. I did that for about 5 years . Spent between 10 and 18 thousand a year doing that. Still got the bikes, but don't race anymore. Now I'm back FULL CIRCLE to fishing again. Doing what I did when I was ten years old....except now I'm better and having more fun than ever. I love fishing the great lakes more than anything, so as for hobbies, I don't have any that I crave like fishing the great lakes. I guess Long Range Rifle shooting is one...and of course reloading for that....but I'd sell every little thing I have to keep fishing so long as it doesn't jepordize my families quality of life.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitionman View Post
    You described me as well! You used to do crazy ass rocket stuff and spent gobs of money on it....I used to race dirtbikes and spent gobs of money on it. I can't do more than 1 thing at a time. First it was fishing with dad. Then i got my license and started rock climbing. Climbed all over the country in between school and college over a span of about 8 years which ended in a bad avalanche that left me laid up for 3 months. Then it was racing dirtbikes. I did that for about 5 years . Spent between 10 and 18 thousand a year doing that. Still got the bikes, but don't race anymore. Now I'm back FULL CIRCLE to fishing again. Doing what I did when I was ten years old....except now I'm better and having more fun than ever. I love fishing the great lakes more than anything, so as for hobbies, I don't have any that I crave like fishing the great lakes. I guess Long Range Rifle shooting is one...and of course reloading for that....but I'd sell every little thing I have to keep fishing so long as it doesn't jepordize my families quality of life.
    Wow same here. Powerlifting for 20 yrs. Now back to fishing which I started when I was first able to hold a fishing rod. And yes powerlifting can be expensive. Tons of money spent just on food alone. Now I spend too much on fishing tackle !,,,

14. Member
    Ride my Road Glide, work on motorcycles, do some reloading and cut the grass...not necessarily in that order...but close!

Motorcycling and Mountain Biking

16. Member
    My Username on Archerytalk.com is "LBL Rec Area"

In the winter time. Snowboarding. We just went to Brianhead,UT after Christmas. Im going to our local ski resort, Yes Vegas has local ski resort, Monday. Its expensive but its only 45mins away. Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort - Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

League bowling

19. Wanabe Engineer LiveToDrive76's Avatar
    I was flying r/c helicopters, but I burned out and immediately selling all that. Shooting/reloading will never get old though. I also like to work on trucks, boats, and bikes.
    Beater boats catch fish too... It's what I have to tell myself right now...

20. Member
    Cooking
    Pool

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast