Check out these fishing logs

After reading the fishing log thread I decided to type up something that would be quick and easy to fill out. As usual I managed to go over board with it and got way too involved. Anyway, I put together 4 different lay outs and I wanted to share, in the hope others would find one of them helpful. Please let me know what you think and what you would change and which ones you like the best (if any). These are word documents that have been converted to jpegs so not very user friendly, but if you would like a copy of any of them I would be happy to send via email. There not professional, but I think they'll work.......

1. General

2. Per fish / group of fish

3. Single Lure 1

4. Single Lure 2

I like the first one, but I think the Structure, Bottom Composition, and Cover all need to go with the fish caught. I dont know of a single lake I fish that stays the same across the entire lake. That way you can see what type of structure, bottom, or cover the fish was caught on. As is I'd be checking almost all those boxes on every body of water. Could make it write in to save space. Same with the wind and even water clarity. Sometimes in the wind the bite picks up, sometimes it doesnt. Wind is always changing. Maybe a notes section for each fish so you can write down the specifics.

I agree alpine. Check out #2, that is how it is set up. (They are two pages each, except for #4).

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan6855 View Post
    I agree alpine. Check out #2, that is how it is set up. (They are two pages each, except for #4).
    Got it!! PM sent.

5. Banned
    too much work. experience brings instincts and those are what should be leveraged come crunch time. when I became an avid hunter I really thought about what I was doing and why...same goes with fishing. fish with a purpose, apply scientific method, and build on that.

I will admit, i'll jot down a few notes on my tournaments regarding winning weights and patterns, etc...but it's more of a narrative than a form. I don't document every single fish....but to each their own.

I understand that Nitro. I'm the same way to a certain extent as I just started keeping a log. I'm still learning a lot and feel like they will be helpful to study over time. I won't take the time to write everything out but these forms are quick enough that I will actually take the time to do it........

I know many here do keep a log and were looking for some ideas. I've received a lot of help from everyone here and just want try and return the favor to some that can use it.

I've sent copies to everyone that has asked. The ones that are going to be using them please keep me posted as to how you like them. I've been getting some great feedback, a lot of guys are really liking #2 which is my favorite as well.

If anyone else wants a copy of any of these please don't hesitate to ask.

8. Banned
    I don't need a copy but this is a great idea!

Good luck!

9. Banned
    You have way, way too many spaces to log keepers as far as my fishing goes....

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Partie Deux View Post
    You have way, way too many spaces to log keepers as far as my fishing goes....
    yep

11. Member
    I like this idea, would work well if filled out on the water and transferred to excel at home. Would make pattern finding much easier later.

12. Banned
    Thanks Nite Bite! Excellent Job...you seem to have have thunk of everything! I still want to use a spreadsheet (because I want to be able to put it in graphs) but what you posted here will definitely help in terms of info I probably would have never thought of.

13. Member
    I really like this idea, especilly if prefishing for a tournament. It would help narrow down what to look for around the lake as far as the pattern or structure they would be holding on. PM sent!
    2017 Phoenix 919 ProXP 225 Mercury ProXS

14. Member
    Too much work for me. I do a fishing log, but don't go into that much detail. Just want something that gives me reference from year to year. Big things are weather, water temp and condition, lake elevation, location, and successful technique.