Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Moderator

Re: (Brambo)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Brambo &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Would a 175 efi work on that boat? Could it get on pad? </td></tr></table>

Yes it would work and be suprisingly fast and VERY fuel efficient. I think Darris (owner of Allison) has a BasSport with a 175 and he is getting around 80 out of it.

2. Member

Re: (RoadrashPaul)

Yes it is merc106's boat, I can't wait to get my motor on it and start learning how to drive again, everyone says there is nothing to compare it to, I have a Storm now and it can be a handfull to drive at times, I have a good friend of mine down here that has the same boat and he is going to help me on the set up and give me some driving lessons.....

3. Member

Re: (RoadrashPaul)

How many postage stamps to get that thing to CA? Lol

4. Member

Re: (sfstorm)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by sfstorm &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Yes it is merc106's boat, I can't wait to get my motor on it and start learning how to drive again, everyone says there is nothing to compare it to, I have a Storm now and it can be a handfull to drive at times, I have a good friend of mine down here that has the same boat and he is going to help me on the set up and give me some driving lessons.....</td></tr></table>

What motor are you putting on it?? and CONGRATS!!!!

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by sfstorm &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Yes it is merc106's boat, I can't wait to get my motor on it and start learning how to drive again, everyone says there is nothing to compare it to, I have a Storm now and it can be a handfull to drive at times, I have a good friend of mine down here that has the same boat and he is going to help me on the set up and give me some driving lessons.....</td></tr></table>

You will love that boat!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member

I think you should keep the storm and let me buy the ally lol if you decide you dont like it i want first dibbs you beat me to it .I was going to look at it friday

7. Member
    Sold Thanks bbc and congrats Jim hope to see you soon with it all rigged out

8. Member

Re: (merc106)

Well we are home and I am working on getting the motor ready, might take a little while sending the L/U out to Bob's Machine Shop to have the low water pickup and nose cone put on, going to do all the basics to the motor plugs, wires carbs etc. to make sure it is ready, might even do the heads I'm not sure yet.
    Primtime you will be the first person I call you can count on that...
    And once again thanks to Bob and his Family for putting up with all the phone calls, I tell you what you could not find better people out there then this family..
    Also thanks to everyone on the board that helped with my questions.

9. Member

Congrats man!! You will love that boat!! BTW, what motor is it again that you are hanging on it?? Reason I ask, Titus and JC makes an awesome nosecone for Ally's. You may want to give them a call also and ask a lot of questions..
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Member

Re: (AllyFishing)

The motor I am putting on it is a 2000 225 Johnson carb. motor...

11. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by sfstorm &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">The motor I am putting on it is a 2000 225 Johnson carb. motor...</td></tr></table>

Well......how about an update??? Get that motor hung yet?? And gearcase coned?? Where's the pics???
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member

Where's the update on this rig?

Is she running yet?

NUMBERS MAN, NUMBERS!!!!!

Hope is not a method!

13. Member

Re: (ltcbutch)

I am sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner, the motor is on the boat the gear case has been redone with the low water pickups, nose cone and torque tab. Most of the odds and ends are complete. It took me a little while to get it done due to work and going on vacation. All I have to say is these boats are put together well, I know after having to take some of it apart to run new cables ect.., I have not had it in the water yet, I am hopeing to get it in the water today sometime. I will post how it goes...

14. Member

Man o Man...you must have nerves of steel!!! I'd be having nerve attacks having the boat that long and not getting it wet!!! LOL!!!! Even if it were to just go to the lake and use the TM to fish around the dock ......LOL!!!!!!
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

15. Member

I tell you its been hard but I really want to try to have everything righ. Now that being said my nerves are shot, I can't wait to get it on the water, I have to say I'm a little nervous because I don't know what to expect. Some of my friends that have an Allison tell me they drive like they are on rails once you get them running good. I hope she runs as good as everyone says she will. I will keep everyone posted.

16. Member

If you've never driven an Allison before or any pad boat for that matter where you are running the propshaft around even with the pad you are in for a treat!! LOL!!!!

Just remember what Iconelli always says...."Never give up"
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

17. Member

I'm comming out of a 20' 6" Storm boat that was running right at 70 mph loaded and 74-76 mph light with the same motor I put on the Allison. The Storm can be a handful to drive at times when running it at WOT (chine walk). I hope the Allison is going to be a little or alot faster and drive like I have heard...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123