Thread: Electronics

Electronics

What type of electronics are you guys running on your toon? Looking to get a bird. Seen the updated prices, you can get a 859 for less than $650. A 600 SI, DI, series would be that much or more. Would a 8" screen be too big?

Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

I'd say if the 8" screen does not impair your vision, or get in the way of anything else than go for it.
    Usually if we install a graph it is only for depth and water temp so size is not always important as long as it fits. Most people we sell pontoon to only use them for cruising though, not fishing.

3. Member
    Before buying a side imaging sonar, make sure it will mount and have a clear shot to both sides. otherwise you will be buying an extra transducer, one for each side. I thought I could just swap mine in and out ih the bass boat. Then realized how much I would have to spend on transducers to move it to my pontoon.

4. Member
    I just bought a 999 to install on my toon. Sure hope I don't need additional ducer. plan on trimming up the motor for SI

5. Member
    Interesting...... Keep us posted on any interference that you may have or not have.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Got it installed. Had to do some customization but works good.