Thread: Noxon

Noxon

Any members from Noxon Montana? I am heading that way in a week for the BASS Nation Western divisionals and thought it would be cool to meet up with a fellow BBC viewer.

Dwayne

Not from there but been there several times, I really like that area

Cool. How was the fishing?

Well it's a good thing you don't have to come from the south east to get there. Been a Blizzard, snow, or solid icy roads on I-25 I-90 from Denver to Billings. Last two weeks has been a mother.

I never got to do any fishing on Nixon reservoir but some of the guys that we're staying there said the smallmouth fishing was great

7. Member
    I lived in that area for several years and fished Noxon a lot.At that time -early 90's -the lake was loaded with some great largemouth.Stump covered flats down by the dam and bridges held big schools of fish.Now I guess the smallmouth have really taken hold and a lot of fish in the river.Great scenery and I would go back to just drive around in the mountains. Hope you have fun. Charles

8. Member
    There's a couple of rail road trestles that will hold a few fish, but not enough to carry one through. I' stay down towards the dam area. Big and open, target the flats. There is an ample supply of northern pike there that will take all your junk so be ready. This is a power generating lake so the water level fluctuates a couple times a day by a large amount. Its beautiful there and not many accommodations, so bring what you'll need.

Thanks everyone for the information. I am used to the deep California reservoirs so it looks like I will need to adjust.

Dwayne.

10. Member
    Good luck up there, we used to play BB at Noxon in High School. Never fished up there though. I've fished in the Flathead river south of there and caught a few smallmouth. Was there too early, river was high and cold. I'd think jerkbaits would be the ticket. It was below freezing the last few nights, my Dad lives a couple hours from Noxon on I-90. It has just started to warm up, he just put in the garden and there is a lot of snow up in the mountains yet. Water should be real cold.

Thanks Matt.

12. Member
    Let us know how you did when you get back. Don't forget about a finesse worm also. Take some pics, everyone around here loves pics of faraway places of our great nation. I grew up in the mountains so they really aren't too big of a deal to me but I still can appreciate the views! Good luck!