newbie with merc questions

ok guys i just bought my first bass boat a 93' ranger 482vs with a mercury 175 that the ?powerhead? was changed and is now a 200 with only 30 hours on it or so he says. found a few number on the motor that i googled but didn't seem to come back as my motor serial number just part numbers. any help would be appreciated, its a 2 stroke right? i was told to mix it 50:1 is this correct? do i need to add any additives to the fuel? and if so what kind? thanks again. YES i know i shouldve maybe done more research before i bought but it was a great deal on a nice boat. did compression test there and it was right on.

2. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    Do you know for 100% sure the oil injection has been eliminated?
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

3. Member
    yeah pretty sure. there is no oil reservoir or no oil fill on the engine.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good idea to provide the serial number from the Transom Bracket, and the serial number you found on the powerhead.

Also a good idea to provide a couple pictures of the powerhead (especially a FRONT, and a PORT SIDE view).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor