Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks for the help, Jimmy. I did try a different slot, and it worked. That is interesting that it worked that way, but I won't complain. One question I have though, is whether the CHIRP capability is included in 3.03? I didn't have a chance to check the unit out. Do updates include the full previous version, or are they just fixes/changes to the current version? Thanks again for your help.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

Quote Originally Posted by shuclan View Post
    Thanks for the help, Jimmy. I did try a different slot, and it worked. That is interesting that it worked that way, but I won't complain. One question I have though, is whether the CHIRP capability is included in 3.03? I didn't have a chance to check the unit out. Do updates include the full previous version, or are they just fixes/changes to the current version? Thanks again for your help.
    Phil

Built-in CHIRP 2D sonar was added with version 2.700

Some added features are only available with the version that included them. That is why there are older versions included with some of the new updates.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Phil
    Yes, 3.030 has the chirp that was introduced in 2.700. As Wayne stated, "most"'of Humminbird's updates are complete, in that you can go directly to them. 3.030 was not this way, and that's why 3.000 was included in the download.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Post other questions as you have them.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

There is one more software part to be aware of.
    Between the time the software is developed and released, some additional fixes or additions may be developed. Those are put in your account as a PATCH software.
    That way the whole software does not have to be re-written, just added to.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    There is one more software part to be aware of.
    Between the time the software is developed and released, some additional fixes or additions may be developed. Those are put in your account as a PATCH software.
    That way the whole software does not have to be re-written, just added to.
    Thanks for the help, Wayne and Jimmy. Much appreciated. I am networking both Onix units and my Ulterra through an Ethernet hub, so I am sure I will have a bunch of networking questions as I get started.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

6. Member
    Thanks for the help, Wayne and Jimmy. Much appreciated. I am networking both Onix units and my Ulterra through an Ethernet hub, so I am sure I will have a bunch of networking questions as I get started.
    Phil
    I got the Ethernet hub connected to both ONIX units and the Ulterra. I configured the new network and everything showed up with the right versions except the remote, which said version 000.1 instead of v1.080. Could that be because the Ulterra was powered on but not deployed? I was not on the water to test the Ulterra and the ONIX features but will try tomorrow. Any thoughts as to why the remote version was different than what the remote says?
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

Phil,
    that one I cannot help with. If you don't get an answer in this post, perhaps a new post on the Trolling Motors page is in order.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

8. Member
    If memory serves me right, I had a similar problem once and I had to deploy the trolling motor before I was able to upgrade it. I just lowered the trolling motor while on the trailer and that solved the problem.
    2020 Warrior 1890 Tiller 90hp Mercury 4stroke
    Apex 19 Mega si. Solix 1-15 si, Solix 2-15 si, Terova iLink, Mega 360, Mega Live

9. Member
    what is include in 3.03 ?
    sorry for my english I'm french!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybass2 View Post
    Phil,
    that one I cannot help with. If you don't get an answer in this post, perhaps a new post on the Trolling Motors page is in order.
    There was a software upgrade for the remote and controller that I had to install that fixed the problem. All is good now. Went fishing yesterday and everything worked well. Now I just need to get enlightened about all of the ONIX features. Lots to learn. Thanks to everyone for the help with my questions.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

11. Member
    It CHIRPs the 2D sonar crystal that is connected. If you use the Y cable with a SI transducer. The shoot-thru is the ONLY 2D crystal that has an electrical connection.

Which dual beam sonar crystal makes no difference, all the 83/200 kHz are same. Shoot-thru Dual Beam, 2D in a SI transducer, a US2, a single Dual Beam transducer on the transom or trolling motor, etc.
    Wayne,
    I am looking for some info and/or recommendations on the following: I have an Onix 8 CI/SI at the console with SI transducer and standard HB 2D transducer linked with a Y cable and an ONIX 10 CI/SI on the bow connected to the US2. I also have an Ulterra I-Pilot/Link, and everything is connected through an Ethernet hub. I went walleye fishing in South Dakota last week to try everything out with mixed results. The US2 performance with the ONIX 10 at the bow was not good at all. The only CHIRP frequency that worked was high, and when I was in water less than 10 feet deep, the depth readings would go haywire, and the screen would be full of interference...basically useless. I have experienced similar US2 and HB unit issues with a Helix and 859, so I was somewhat prepared for that to happen. I have read that if the bottom composition is hard or rocky, which it is in S. Dakota, then the US2 may have issues with depth readings, etc. I have tried changing bottom range from auto to a manual number such as 30 feet for example, with limited success, and I have used the choke on the power chord, with little success. The ONIX 8 with standard HB 2D sonar worked fine in all depths. Here are my questions: Does CHIRP really work on a US2 like it does on a standard HB 2D sonar? The results I experienced in S. Dakota lead me to believe that I may be better off trying to figure out how to rig a standard HB 2D transducer on the Ulterra, which is going to be more difficult than a Terrova, for example. Would I get better results with an AIRMAR (SP?) CHIRP transducer? I guess more than anything, I am extremely disappointed in the US2's performance. This is the 3rd set of HB units I've purchased with the hopes of better performance with the US2, and I have gotten the same bad result each time. Even more confounding is that I have the original HDS 7 that came with my boat and it works perfectly with the US2, shallow water included. This is not a HB versus Lowrance commentary as I have I-Pilot/Link and want to use HB units, but it's frustrating that I can't get the US2 transducer to work very well with my HB units. Appreciate any suggestions you may have. I have discussed the US2 issues several times with HB customer service, and I have followed their directions with respect to wiring of HB units, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

The US2 is a dual frequency 83/200 kHz transducer just like the 83/200 kHz crystal in any Humminbird transducer.
    Humminbird CHIRPs the transducer that is connected to it.

Have you tried a XTM 9 20 T transducer in the trolling motor? Are you sure that RFI is not the issue? Different units are just that----different.
    Any particular unit can be affected or not affected by RFI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Wayne,
    I think I would need the XTM 14 20 T for the ONIX, unless I got an adapter that would support the ONIX's round plug-in. The problem with using a trolling motor transducer is trying to figure out how to deal with the chord and keep it out of the prop. The Ulterra is different than the Terrova in that there is no way to install the transducer chord in the shaft, that I am aware of. I can check in the trolling motor section for a solution. I had the same shallow water/hard bottom issue with the US2 on the Terrova I had prior to upgrading to the Ulterra US2. I have implemented the customer service suggestions for eliminating RFI. The US2 only has the issue in shallow water with a hard/rock bottom composition, so I don't think it's an RFI problem. Thanks for your suggestions.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

14. Member
    I just baught a boat with the Onix 10 si non touch screen. The software is 2.7 I have a problem on the chart side the track and boat are clear but the shoreline and everything else is blurred. I have tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to correct the problem. I've always had Lorance and this is my first Humminbird electronics.

2021 Triton 19TRX, 225 Pro XS 4s, Atlas 10” black jack plate, Mercury Furry4 24, Garmin 126 sv bow and console, Livescope, Garmin Force trolling motor and Relion batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfforten View Post
    I just baught a boat with the Onix 10 si non touch screen. The software is 2.7 I have a problem on the chart side the track and boat are clear but the shoreline and everything else is blurred. I have tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to correct the problem. I've always had Lorance and this is my first Humminbird electronics.

That is the mapping that is preinstalled on the unit, and you will not fix the bluriness. A map chip is highly recommended!!!
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

16. Member
    Thank you. I will try a lakemaster plus chip. Hope it helps.
    2021 Triton 19TRX, 225 Pro XS 4s, Atlas 10” black jack plate, Mercury Furry4 24, Garmin 126 sv bow and console, Livescope, Garmin Force trolling motor and Relion batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfforten View Post
    Thank you. I will try a lakemaster plus chip. Hope it helps.
    As long as the lakes you want are on the chip, you will be impressed.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

18. Member
    Wayne,
    I am continuing to have sonar depth reading issues on my Onix bow unit. When I start up the bow Onix, the depth reads correctly for about 20 or 30 minutes, and then the sonar depth changes to about 10 feet deeper than the actual depth. Here is what I have checked or changed so far to try and fix the issue: 1. made sure the power chord was attached directly to the battery. 2. installed a "ferrite" ring to reduce trolling motor interference. 3. tried using the all in one transducer instead of the US2 transducer. 4. tried selecting the console Onix transducer. 5. tried a separate 12v battery for the power source. 6. Unhooked the Stealth DC/alternator battery maintainer. 7. tried different sensitivity and noise settings. About the only things I have not tried are checking the Ulterra's US2 fuse in the control head, and resetting to factory defaults. Let me know if you have any other ideas. The console Onix, which is hooked to a HB 2D sonar transducer, which is installed at the transom, works perfectly. I have even switched the 2 Onix units, and whichever Onix unit is at the Bow, continues to have the same issue. I am getting ready to call HB customer service and hope to talk to a technician. Let me know if you have some suggestions. Thanks much
    Phil
    The US2 is a dual frequency 83/200 kHz transducer just like the 83/200 kHz crystal in any Humminbird transducer.
    Humminbird CHIRPs the transducer that is connected to it.

Have you tried a XTM 9 20 T transducer in the trolling motor? Are you sure that RFI is not the issue? Different units are just that----different.
    Any particular unit can be affected or not affected by RFI.
    Phil Shuman

Wayne,
    I am continuing to have sonar depth reading issues on my Onix bow unit. When I start up the bow Onix, the depth reads correctly for about 20 or 30 minutes, and then the sonar depth changes to about 10 feet deeper than the actual depth. Here is what I have checked or changed so far to try and fix the issue: 1. made sure the power chord was attached directly to the battery. 2. installed a "ferrite" ring to reduce trolling motor interference. 3. tried using the all in one transducer instead of the US2 transducer. 4. tried selecting the console Onix transducer. 5. tried a separate 12v battery for the power source. 6. Unhooked the Stealth DC/alternator battery maintainer. 7. tried different sensitivity and noise settings. About the only things I have not tried are checking the Ulterra's US2 fuse in the control head, and resetting to factory defaults. Let me know if you have any other ideas. The console Onix, which is hooked to a HB 2D sonar transducer, which is installed at the transom, works perfectly. I have even switched the 2 Onix units, and whichever Onix unit is at the Bow, continues to have the same issue. I am getting ready to call HB customer service and hope to talk to a technician. Let me know if you have some suggestions. Thanks much
    Phil
    If you just have depth issues when the trolling motor is running don't have it when the trolling motor is not running, that is a RFI issue.

Humminbird Customer Service should be the first source for RFI problems.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    I have two ONIX 10 units networked with an AS ETH 5 box. They share a single map (Navionics) card. Thinking of adding a SOLIX 12 to the mix. Does anyone know if all three units can share one card?

Thanks,

Chuck Campbell
    Alexander, AR

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast