Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    thanks Wayne

2. Member
    I hope Wayne has the inside track to that update. What I was told by CS was no more updates for Onix. But the reason I am posting here is in case anyone else is in the same boat as I am(so to speak) I purchased a Solix 12 SI last year and to keep from breaking the bank I bought a demo Onix 10 ci gps to network to the Solix for my bow unit for use of the Solix features and map sharing ability up front. I also have a BT Ulterra ipilot link TM. In case there others in my situation I wanted a place to trade info on that situation. I will start with the choice to keep the old Solix buggy 3.3 update or take advantage of the new GUI and the fixes that went along with it all at the sacrifice of all networking ability between Onix and Solix. On top of that at least one of our members has noted after updating his Solix, in order for Solix to run ipilot stuff he actually had to disconnect the Onix from the network to do that! He does have a legacy ipilot link and that may or may not have a bearing on the BT models. Please comment or make suggestions about what you are trying or planning. That's enough for a start. Bob

3. Member
    I’ve got an Onix 10si CT, with the latest software update, I have the XT14 75 HDSI T (RD) transducer. I can’t get it to show the water temp. I’ve looked about everywhere I know to try to get it to show the water temp, but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas where to start (over) and try to get the temp to display? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

4. Member
    Looking to add 8-10 gauge wire to both my onix units to help with the draw, comms, locking up, etc on both units. I have heard going to bigger wire will help. two questions. 1. what connector is good to go from 18 to 8 for example. 2. when i cut the 18 humminbird wire, what is under the sheath, is it just on wire or are there multiple? if multiple how to i connect to 8 gauge wire?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j9sheldon View Post
    Looking to add 8-10 gauge wire to both my onix units to help with the draw, comms, locking up, etc on both units. I have heard going to bigger wire will help. two questions. 1. what connector is good to go from 18 to 8 for example. 2. when i cut the 18 humminbird wire, what is under the sheath, is it just on wire or are there multiple? if multiple how to i connect to 8 gauge wire?

thanks
    The power cord conductors are stranded fine wire. You should use marine grade tinned stranded wire. Just put the small wire inside the larger wire and solder them together. Seal/insulate the splices so they are waterproof.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    thanks for the help Wayne P.

7. Member
    Hello all, I recently bought a used Onix 8. It does not have si on the card door, but has options for side and down scan windows. When it's starting up it says 8x. The gentleman that sold it to me just said it was an older model, but was a si/di capable graph. When I look up the name on back of unit, it looks like it might be an international version? Can anyone tell me what I bought!? Lol.. He was selling it with a si/di transducer but I didn't need it so I didn't buy the transducer, but now that I try to sell it I'm getting questions as to what exactly it is. The information next to serial number is Onix 8 cxi Cho.

Thank you for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbe2 View Post
    Hello all, I recently bought a used Onix 8. It does not have si on the card door, but has options for side and down scan windows. When it's starting up it says 8x. The gentleman that sold it to me just said it was an older model, but was a si/di capable graph. When I look up the name on back of unit, it looks like it might be an international version? Can anyone tell me what I bought!? Lol.. He was selling it with a si/di transducer but I didn't need it so I didn't buy the transducer, but now that I try to sell it I'm getting questions as to what exactly it is. The information next to serial number is Onix 8 cxi Cho.

Thank you for any help!
    It is an international model (x) without transducer (cho).
    (c) is color display
    (i) is internal GPS antenna
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Thank you Sir. It has a transducer plug in on rear, and shows options of side imaging and down imaging so it would be capable of using the transducer, just didn't come with one from factory? Also, what features would be different with it being an international version?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbe2 View Post
    Thank you Sir. It has a transducer plug in on rear, and shows options of side imaging and down imaging so it would be capable of using the transducer, just didn't come with one from factory? Also, what features would be different with it being an international version?
    It is CHO because some what to use a different transducer like an AIRMAR or just use the unit as a Chart Plotter or a RADAR display.

It is international which means it has more languages, and its GPS capabilities meets more restrictive international standards.

If it has SI and DI views, it will do SI and DI with a SI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Thank you, Sir..as always your time is appreciated!

12. Member
    Hi all, new to the board. I bought an Onix 10 SI from a buddy and am trying to get it working properly. I have the SI transducer installed, but am not getting any 2D data, DI imaging or a depth reading. I thought I had read that the SI transducer has all of that built in? Do I need the other transducer also for the depth, 2D and DI? The SI imaging and the temperature readings are about the only things that seem to be working properly. Maybe I have a setting wrong??? Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ADitt View Post
    Hi all, new to the board. I bought an Onix 10 SI from a buddy and am trying to get it working properly. I have the SI transducer installed, but am not getting any 2D data, DI imaging or a depth reading. I thought I had read that the SI transducer has all of that built in? Do I need the other transducer also for the depth, 2D and DI? The SI imaging and the temperature readings are about the only things that seem to be working properly. Maybe I have a setting wrong??? Any help is appreciated.
    The ONIX Side Imaging transducer has two Side Imaging piezos, one Down Imaging piezo, one 2D sonar piezo, and a temp sensor.

Restore Factory Defaults and the unit will automatically fix your wrong settings and use the entire transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I’ll try that. Thanks for the advice.

15. Member
    So I did a restore factory default, but it still is not giving me depth, DI or 2D. I’ve looked though the setting on the water for hours trying to figure it out, but didn’t come up with anything. I’ve got 1 non SI unit that I use solely for mapping and running my Terrova, and with that one hooked up to the 2D sonar I can get a depth reading. And in the setting for Depth 1 it shows it’s hooked up to a 2D transducer. But in the Depth 1 settings of the SI unit it does not show that. But when looking at what all is connected and the software type and all it shows it’s hooked up to the SI transducer. So somewhere it’s not automatically reading it and getting the data from it. Any other ideas?

Take a screen shot of the Setup menu CHIRP Sonar/ Sonar Source page.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

So I did a restore factory default, but it still is not giving me depth, DI or 2D. I’ve looked though the setting on the water for hours trying to figure it out, but didn’t come up with anything. I’ve got 1 non SI unit that I use solely for mapping and running my Terrova, and with that one hooked up to the 2D sonar I can get a depth reading. And in the setting for Depth 1 it shows it’s hooked up to a 2D transducer. But in the Depth 1 settings of the SI unit it does not show that. But when looking at what all is connected and the software type and all it shows it’s hooked up to the SI transducer. So somewhere it’s not automatically reading it and getting the data from it. Any other ideas?

Another thing, if you have the units connected via Ethernet, disconnect that until you get the SI unit working properly.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    They are not linked. I’d like to use them as 2 separate units if I can. For some reason I can’t get my pictures to upload. My boat is up at the cabin now, but while I was on the water I did take some pictures of the Network settings and the depth tab. And on the SI unit it shows the Onix 10 SI but for the transducer is shows none. And for my non SI unit I have the other transducer hooked to that, and that ones shows up as having the 2D transducer hooked up. Also on the page that shows the software, unit and all of the things connected to each port it shows the 2D + DI + SI transducer hooked up. As far as the depth settings I tried using Auto-Configure on and off and it did not find the SI transducer.

They are not linked. I’d like to use them as 2 separate units if I can. For some reason I can’t get my pictures to upload. My boat is up at the cabin now, but while I was on the water I did take some pictures of the Network settings and the depth tab. And on the SI unit it shows the Onix 10 SI but for the transducer is shows none. And for my non SI unit I have the other transducer hooked to that, and that ones shows up as having the 2D transducer hooked up. Also on the page that shows the software, unit and all of the things connected to each port it shows the 2D + DI + SI transducer hooked up. As far as the depth settings I tried using Auto-Configure on and off and it did not find the SI transducer.
    You don't have to link them.

Swap units and the bow unit should do 2D and DI connected to the SI transducer and the SI unit should be a 2D unit when connected to a 2D transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    The transducer is brand new, but is there any chance it’s defective? Also if there was some sort of interference I would probably just get erratic readings wouldn’t I? Instead of no reading?

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast