Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Kool. Thank you

2. Member
    I don't usually reply to my own posts but, I am curious about the 14 pin vs the 9 pin transducers (image wise). Have seen in the past the 9 pin ducers have a common return and the 14 pin ducers have a return for each element. Has anyone taken the time to compare images between the 2 types? Using the 9 pin to 14 pin adapter cable.(AD 1429) Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I don't usually reply to my own posts but, I am curious about the 14 pin vs the 9 pin transducers (image wise). Have seen in the past the 9 pin ducers have a common return and the 14 pin ducers have a return for each element. Has anyone taken the time to compare images between the 2 types? Using the 9 pin to 14 pin adapter cable.(AD 1429) Bob
    PM sent that may go through. May have exceeded my word limit for today and get the Server Error.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Went through. I certainly would not be limiting your words. They are too important! Thanks again, Bob

5. Member
    I have used it with the onix and now solix with no noticeable difference with the 2d

6. Member
    Thanks. I would guess with 2D being less than photo like 2D would be tough to tell the difference. Imaging might show a difference but the prices for the ducers being similar it might not come up much. I am going use the one from the Onix and use it for my Solix as a high speed on a "Y" cable and keep that Mega ducer safe. Putting a DI on the trolling motor on the Onix. Bob

7. Member
    Thanks. I would guess with 2D being less than photo like 2D would be tough to tell the difference. Imaging might show a difference but the prices for the ducers being similar it might not come up much. I am going use the one from the Onix and use it for my Solix as a high speed on a "Y" cable and keep that Mega ducer safe. Putting a DI on the trolling motor on the Onix. Bob
    I tried that setup last time out and got cross talk on the 2d. I ran si/di from the solix and tried to use the Onix 2d and got cross talk from the solix. I think they have the same 200khz pinging as the core units. I did not try running 83 kHz on the Onix so maybe it would be less. I was mainly interested in seeing if the solix/onix still ping 2d when the 2d is off. Another thing I noticed was that the mega frequency seems to still be active and working when the onix transducer is connected to the solix. I knew the onix transducer would work with the solix but not aware that the mega frequencies were still available. I haven't been able to do any scanning with that setup yet

8. Member
    To be clearer, Just using the Onix 2D transducer on the Solix on Y cable. Bought a DI trolling motor ducer to use on the bow on the Onix. Bob

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I was told that this thread is the "sticky information resource" thread to also use for the newer Solix models. If that is the case, could one of the moderators change the heading to include "Solix" in the thread ma,e. I think there would be more Solix action in this thread if people knew to use it rather than create individual Solix threads.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    Sly, I think these threads have become old and dusty and a little unwieldy. Almost 700 threads on this one going back a long time. Perhaps a Solix thread on its own in the stickies would work though. Bob

11. Member
    Agreed Bob, The Ion is a dead duck here anyway. There are Onix fans but really the Solix is the name of the game.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

12. Member
    Question about networking solix/onix, i got autochart live data in my solix, as networked with onix waypoints etc are shared, but autochart live data doesnt show up in onix. Is this setup thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkkah View Post
    Question about networking solix/onix, i got autochart live data in my solix, as networked with onix waypoints etc are shared, but autochart live data doesnt show up in onix. Is this setup thing?
    No setup issue. LIVE data is not shared. If you convert it to Auto Chart, you can share it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The Solix V3.110 update as of 1/13/18 is now available for download on the Humminbird site. This update now allows the Solix to work with the new 1.051 Basemap update. From the instructions, it sounds like you can download this 3.110 Solix update and the 1.051 Basemap update on the same SD card and then boot the Solix with that SD card inserted to do both updates. First the Solix update will be performed then, after it reboots, you go to the "Files" menu and select the Basemap update. The Basemap update will be completed as a second step.

I won't be able to check this out for a few weeks but would be interested in how the update goes for others. I'm also anxious to see the new Basemap.

The instructions indicate this also applies to the Onix and ION units as well.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

15. Member

SOLIX Series (Version 3.110)
    Release Date: 01/13/2018

Partial due to file size
    Description:

PLEASE NOTE:
    Software version 3.040 must be installed prior to 3.110. No damage will occur if 3.040 is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    Once 3.110 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.110. Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040.

New Features:
    • Humminbird Basemap support – The new Humminbird Basemap includes contours, navigation aids, and points of interest for more than 10,000 U.S. inland lakes and you'll have shorelines for hundreds of thousands more. Additionally, the Basemap offers precise charting data for the entire U.S. coast, using the most trusted name in saltwater navigation as the primary data source - NOAA.
    • TALON shallow water anchor support – New TALON anchors can now be paired and fully controlled by SOLIX Series units via the Bluetooth Tool and Power Menu. If both i-Pilot Link and TALON are connected then the TALON controls will integrate into the i-Pilot Link X-Press Remote that is on the SOLIX power menu. For more details visit: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Shall...ors/New-Talon/
    • Dual Spectrum CHIRP MEGA DI Transducer Support – The new MEGA DI transducers can be connected to – and are fully supported by – SOLIX MEGA SI and SOLIX models. These transducers, available as an add-on accessory, come in both transom mount and trolling motor mount versions and feature MEGA Down Imaging and a low-q high frequency CHIRP element for more defined fish marks.
    o 710271-1 XM 14 20 MDI T Transom Mount MDI Transducer
    o 710272-1 XTM 14 20 MDI T Trolling Motor MDI Transducer
    • New Data Overlay Options – Data Overlays are now specific to each view rather than being specific to each application pane in each view. This means that there are fewer settings to adjust and less redundant data on the screen.
    o The new Data Overlays can be quickly edited via touch or the keypad. Data Overlay options are now the same as what was previously provided in the data bar. Overlays can be grouped, moved, change sizes, and change colors
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yep, I found that after my post. I have made the suggestion that the moderators start a "Solix Resource Thread" but they don't seem to have any interest in doing that. They say this thread is also for Solix. I suggested that they update the title so that more Solix "traffic" might flow through this thread but that hasn't happened either. I would love to have one single place for Solix related information rather than all the multi-thread fragmentation that is going on.

18. Member
    I'm looking for some parts for an Onix 10". I need a power cable PC 12, a gimble bracket GM 10 and a heading sensor adapter AS GPS NMEA. Humminbird has this stuff back ordered, some till May. I need it sooner if anyone knows where I might find these things. Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Just do a web search for those model numbers with Humminbird ( Humminbird PC-12). There may be several sources. Site sponsors, Ebay, Amazon, Cabelas, Walmart, etc.
    I just did one for the power cable and there were 5 sources to start with.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Mostly it's the Gimbal I can't find. They are no longer available. A few places say they have them until I contact them. The power cord I can find. I haven't started searching for the GPS adapter.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast