Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesmiph View Post
    Mostly it's the Gimbal I can't find. They are no longer available. A few places say they have them until I contact them. The power cord I can find. I haven't started searching for the GPS adapter.
    The SOLIX uses the same power cord and GPS NMEA cable so those are current parts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member

Onix with a XTM 1420 transducer

Will the XTM 14 20 work with an onix unit and will the DI image be in Mega

Quote Originally Posted by dc7616 View Post
    Will the XTM 14 20 work with an onix unit and will the DI image be in Mega
    If the XTM 14 20 MDI T is what you are inquiring about:

No, and No. The ONIX does not have the frequencies. Attaching a transducer does not give it frequencies it doesn't have.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Which transducer would be best for TM 2D and down imaging with the Onix 10 at the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by dc7616 View Post
    Which transducer would be best for TM 2D and down imaging with the Onix 10 at the bow?
    https://www.humminbird.com/productDe...id=728&id=1955
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Doug
    Solix need to know cables to hook to high speed transducer in hull XP 9 20
    14 m SIDB Y and AD 1429
    Is this the correct cables ??
    will this affect SI and DI and Traditional Sonar?
    Thank you

7. Member
    Can a Solix save snapshots to a zero line card. ? reads my card ok but there isn't an option to use SD1 or SD2 in the image setting menu. The same ZL card woks fine i my helix and can save snapshots to it?

Software Update - SOLIX Series v. 3.230
    Released 05/23/2018

Software Description
    PLEASE NOTE:

Software version 3.040 or greater must be installed prior to 3.230. No damage will occur if 3.040 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful. 3.040 is included in this download package.
    Once 3.230 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.230. Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040, 3.110, or 3.120.
    Updated Features:

Updated the 2D Sonar Contrast feature to provide better contrast options.
    Updated the Lower Range intervals and significant digits display while depth is set to meters.
    Summary of issues that have been addressed in v3.230:

https://www.humminbird.com/support/s...Series-v-3-230
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

Software Update - ONIX / ION Series v. 3.230
    Released 05/23/2018

Software Description
    PLEASE NOTE:

Software version 3.040 or greater must be installed prior to 3.230. No damage will occur if 3.040 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful. 3.040 is also included in this zipped file.
    Once 3.230 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.230. Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040, 3.110, or 3.120.
    Version 3.000 must be installed prior to any of these installations. If you are not running version 3.000, click HERE to install it prior to this installation.
    Updated Features:

Updated the 2D Sonar Contrast feature to provide better contrast options.
    Updated the Lower Range intervals and significant digits display while depth is set to meters.
    Summary of issues that have been addressed in v3.230:

https://www.humminbird.com/support/s...IX-ION-v-3-230
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

10. Member
    had issue updating my Onix 10 to 3.23 software. i verified 3.04 was already installed. update was loading and the display just dropped out. nothing. i could tell it had power b/c the button lights were lit up. unplugged power, started it back up. display starts to load like normal on start up. then it just disappears. it won't start up so i can get to a previous version. can anyone help with this before i have to call Monday?

11. Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9sheldon View Post
    had issue updating my Onix 10 to 3.23 software. i verified 3.04 was already installed. update was loading and the display just dropped out. nothing. i could tell it had power b/c the button lights were lit up. unplugged power, started it back up. display starts to load like normal on start up. then it just disappears. it won't start up so i can get to a previous version. can anyone help with this before i have to call Monday?
    If the software update was working correctly, the unit shuts down and restarts after the update is loaded. If you screwed up by messing with the unit while the whole process is on-going, it has to be sent in to be re-programmed.

If your software download was incomplete or corrupt, the same has to be done.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    looks like you can't get the manuals for the Onix via the new website. can anyone send me them. i have onix 8 si combo and onix 10 sonar/chart combo.

looks like you can't get the manuals for the Onix via the new website. can anyone send me them. i have onix 8 si combo and onix 10 sonar/chart combo.
    The manuals are in the unit's memory. Home screen icon on the far right.
    Do not think they did an updated manual when the software changed the menus.

I have the manual .pdf file from 2016 but it is the same as the unit internal manual. It is 28.4 MB.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    New issue, Onix (both 8 and 10) does not recognize navionics chip. says no SD card when in both. I took a brand new card out of package and tried it, nothing. tried both locked and unlocked on card. if i put in a lakemaster card it sees it. some of the lakes i fish don't have 1 foot contours on lakemaster or i would just use the lakemaster. restored defaults and still nothing. tried units networked and non networked. if happened yesterday fishing. i was working and then it disappeared. got to a setting or something or software. anyone had this issue?

New issue, Onix (both 8 and 10) does not recognize navionics chip. says no SD card when in both. I took a brand new card out of package and tried it, nothing. tried both locked and unlocked on card. if i put in a lakemaster card it sees it. some of the lakes i fish don't have 1 foot contours on lakemaster or i would just use the lakemaster. restored defaults and still nothing. tried units networked and non networked. if happened yesterday fishing. i was working and then it disappeared. got to a setting or something or software. anyone had this issue?
    Sometimes the ONIX will not recognize a Navionics card unless it has done so before. The Navionics card should be locked. Being locked or not has nothing to do with a unit reading it. Locked is Write Protect.

Two things to try:
    1. After the unit is operating, put the card in and if it doesn't recognize it, remove and re-insert.

2. With the Navionics card inserted, go to the Setup menu, Chart tab and select Navionics.

Once the Navionics card is recognized and you want to view the Sonar Charts map layer, you have to select Menu and Options, then put a check mark beside Sonar Charts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Hi Wayne, tried multiple times pulling out re inserting. Tried both units both slots in each, both cards. Both units are not recognizing the card. have run the card in these units before with no issues.

Hi Wayne, tried multiple times pulling out re inserting. Tried both units both slots in each, both cards. Both units are not recognizing the card. have run the card in these units before with no issues.
    Did you try #2?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    New Onix 10 GPS/Sonar question. This unit is not adjusting the auto depth for sonar. sometimes i have 30 ft of data in 4 ft of water. with that you can't see any detail b/c your only seeing a small portion. like 5 - 30 ft is earth. weird. i have verified its on auto adjust.

thanks

New Onix 10 GPS/Sonar question. This unit is not adjusting the auto depth for sonar. sometimes i have 30 ft of data in 4 ft of water. with that you can't see any detail b/c your only seeing a small portion. like 5 - 30 ft is earth. weird. i have verified its on auto adjust.

thanks
    If you have current or somewhat current software, there is a depth glitch that many are experiencing. Should be a software fix at some point.
    Reducing the Sensitivity and only using 200 kHz may help until then.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast