Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    The only time I have any shallow water issue is when I'm using my 360. Sorry I can't help with that one.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The V3 software update for the Onix family was loaded to the "My Humminbird" product page today. Here is the link to the "what's new" page --> http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/3-000/
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    The V3 software update for the Onix family was loaded to the "My Humminbird" product page today. Here is the link to the "what's new" page --> http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/3-000/
    Thanks for the heads up. I had been checking but not clicking on the ONIX. I would not have ever clicked on it unless it indicated the new update. thanks again for letting us know. I have it ready to load into my ONIX 10 SI CT tonite.
    Greg

4. Member
    I just checked my Humminbird account and the new software update for the onix unit is not in mine, kinda disappointed....
    oops, my mistake, it is there under Onix, sorry!!
    Last edited by skeeter james; 03-16-2017 at 12:41 AM.

5. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    OK...I just downloaded the 3.000 software to a SDcard. The next step is always a large pucker factor for me because the instructions on the Hummingbird web site do not seem, to me anyway, all that clear.

For the other updates, if I remember correctly:

1. I put the SD card into one of the SD card slots in the ONIX unit.

2. I power on the ONIX and it will automatically detect that there is new software.

3. It will prompt/ask me if I want to install.

4. I say yes.

5. I just stand by holding my balls while the new software is loaded into the unit and the ONIX will shut down and restart automatically.

6. If this doesn't happen I squeeze my balls and an fall to the floor in agony.

I hate hate updating the software. I am afraid of bricking the unit as I am older and not all that computer literate.

If there is something I am doing wrong here please let me know....it is much appreciated.

6. Banned
    Hopefully they will add network wide updating soon. I've really gotten used to just inserting a card into any unit and it updating everything in the network that has an update. No restoring defaults or nothin

Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    OK...I just downloaded the 3.000 software to a SDcard. The next step is always a large pucker factor for me because the instructions on the Hummingbird web site do not seem, to me anyway, all that clear.

For the other updates, if I remember correctly:

1. I put the SD card into one of the SD card slots in the ONIX unit.

2. I power on the ONIX and it will automatically detect that there is new software.

3. It will prompt/ask me if I want to install.

4. I say yes.

5. I just stand by holding my balls while the new software is loaded into the unit and the ONIX will shut down and restart automatically.

6. If this doesn't happen I squeeze my balls and an fall to the floor in agony.

I hate hate updating the software. I am afraid of bricking the unit as I am older and not all that computer literate.

If there is something I am doing wrong here please let me know....it is much appreciated.
    You'll be "holding" things for 17-20 minutes per unit. I updated all 4 of mine with NO ISSUES.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

8. Member
    hold em with one hand and a beer in the other. Method works for me

9. Member
    I am going to do the update to 3.0 and have not yet done any updates on the Onix's, but have on my previous birds (998, etc.). I do not recall, but do I need to do anything prior to the update such as backing up waypoints and such? Also, after the update is done, will I have to restore/recreate the previous settings that I had or will these be remembered? Networking will automatically work between my console and bow units, etc.?

Thank you....

I share in DA TOAD's apprehension...
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    I am going to do the update to 3.0 and have not yet done any updates on the Onix's, but have on my previous birds (998, etc.). I do not recall, but do I need to do anything prior to the update such as backing up waypoints and such? Also, after the update is done, will I have to restore/recreate the previous settings that I had or will these be remembered? I share in DA TOAD's apprehension...
    It's always a good idea save a copy of your GPS data.

Don't need to save your settings since the new menus are different.

Since you have never updated an ONIX, read the directions totally, the software you have now may affect how you do the update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Does HB put out a manual on line that can be downloaded that shows what the changes are in 3.000 update.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

12. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Updated my ONIX to 3.000 today. Terrova is a 2.150 and I-pilot link remote is at 2.040 which seems to be the latest for I=pilot updates. I didn't brick my ONIX. As a matter of fact the the instructions for this update were much more straight forward then previous updates. It took about 25-30 minutes.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    Updated my ONIX to 3.000 today. Terrova is a 2.150 and I-pilot link remote is at 2.040 which seems to be the latest for I=pilot updates. I didn't brick my ONIX. As a matter of fact the the instructions for this update were much more straight forward then previous updates. It took about 25-30 minutes.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It's always a good idea save a copy of your GPS data.

Don't need to save your settings since the new menus are different.

Since you have never updated an ONIX, read the directions totally, the software you have now may affect how you do the update.
    Thanks. I am on 2.3 now with both my units so from the instructions it looks like I can go directly to 3.0. How extensive are the changes to menus and such? As was asked I will want to try to get a copy of the updated manual accordingly.

Also, I downloaded the zip file and I am only running ONIX (no 360, Ipilot, etc.) so I need the the 3.0 upd file but I also saw another upd file..."unified-patch-r2.190.upd". Do I need this file as well for my update?

I spoke with customer service and they indicated no updated manual was available.
    Last edited by TAKFishing; 03-29-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

15. Member
    Hey guys I need some help. Have a Onix. I have the 3.0 software update already installed. Now there is a 3.03 update and this is my problem. I have the 3.03 unzipped and my SD card says the update is on the card. The card file is FAT32. When I put the card in the unit the unit says there is no software update on the card. I have talked to HB customer service twice today and we never got it to upload. I even tried a second SD card both 16 gb. I formatted each card. I tried both the upper slot and the lower slot and the unit acknowledges the card is in the unit. I have reset factory defaults but still no positive results. Anyone got any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    Thanks. I am on 2.3 now with both my units so from the instructions it looks like I can go directly to 3.0. How extensive are the changes to menus and such? As was asked I will want to try to get a copy of the updated manual accordingly.

Also, I downloaded the zip file and I am only running ONIX (no 360, Ipilot, etc.) so I need the the 3.0 upd file but I also saw another upd file..."unified-patch-r2.190.upd". Do I need this file as well for my update?

I spoke with customer service and they indicated no updated manual was available.
    Are you putting the files themselves on the card? The cannot be in a folder.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

17. Member
    I just bought 2 used Onix units, and registered both with My Humminbird. The software downloads that were shown as available on My Humminbird for each Onix was version 2.0 and version 3.00/3/03. The Onix 10 that I bought is at version 2.3. I can't find version 2.7 that upgrades the unit for CHIRP. Can someone help, or do I need to call Customer Service at Humminbird to have them load 2.7 in My Humminbird for each unit? The Onix 8 I bought had version 2.7, and I upgraded to version 3.0 and 3.03 with no problems. Appreciate anyone's help.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

If you are going to network them (and even if your not) you should get them both up to the latest version. You can go to 3.000 from anything 2.0 or higher, which is what you should do. Then go to 3.030. Keep me posted or PM with help needed.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybass2 View Post
    If you are going to network them (and even if your not) you should get them both up to the latest version. You can go to 3.000 from anything 2.0 or higher, which is what you should do. Then go to 3.030. Keep me posted or PM with help needed.
    Thanks for responding and appreciate the help. I used the same SD card with the 3.0 and 3.03 files that I used to update my Onix 8 to 3.03. I assume the software for the Onix 8 and Onix 10 is the same, correct? I did not download the 3.0 and 3.03 software from My Humminbird for the Onix 10, but merely used the Onix 8 files. When I selected 3.0 and tried to run it, it immediately failed.
    Phil
    Phil Shuman

The files are absolutely the same. A couple things to try:
    - The other card slot...
    - If there is ANY Nav data, especially tracks, back the data up and delete all the Nav data. Then do a reset of all defaults.
    - Perhaps a different card.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360